Can you use a Blade CP transmitter with a CP Pro? - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Can you use a Blade CP transmitter with a CP Pro?

Old 01-08-2008, 08:27 PM
zirconx
RC Flyer

Default Can you use a Blade CP transmitter with a CP Pro?

I have a Blade CP, and just bought a used Blade CP Pro with out a transmitter (just bought it, has not arrived yet). I had planned on using my CP transmitter, does anyone know if this will work? The receiver thats in the CP Pro is on the same channel as my CP.

But when I saw some pics of a Pro transmitter, it looked like there was an additional knob on the top right, next to the idle up switch. My CP transmitter only has the idle up switch up there - no knob.

The seller was pretty sure the transmitters were the same.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:16 PM
rcflyair

Default tx

Hey,

Yes they will work fine. You should unplug the main and tail motor of the new heli and make sure all the servo reversing switches are going to work the same, and that the three servos to the swashplate are plugged into the same three receiver channels.

I'm pretty sure it will be the same on both, but check all the control movements first

My guess is the knob is for adjusting the hover pitch (around center stick), and you should be able to maneauver around that.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:31 PM
birdDog
Charging....

Yes, as long as the crystals match, it will work. The Cp pro Tx has the two knobs on top, by the switches. One adjusts your throttle in idle up mode and the other knob works channel 5 (I think it's 5). Most people use this one for a remote gyro gain/mode control. Please note that one crystal says tx and one says rx. Cp and CP+ is the same transmitter, less options.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:00 AM
zirconx
RC Flyer

So how is the throttle set in idle up mode on the CP? Is it just 100%? 'cause I flipped my idle up switch while testing out the CP last night (just got it), and man am I glad I had that thing strapped to the floor...
Old 01-09-2008, 12:29 AM
birdDog
Charging....

according to the manual it is 100-50-100. I have bumped that switch too. not good.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:06 AM
zirconx
RC Flyer

I see, so if I set the stick in the middle, then switch to idle up mode, the rpm should stay about the same? - And in idle up mode, the throttle does not stay locked, it varies from 50 to 100% as I move the stick up and down (neg pitch when down)?

On the CP pro TX, is the throttle fully controlled by the knob once you flip to idle up mode? Or does the knob just affect the curve somehow?

I'm still trying to understand how all this works. I plan to thoroughly read the manual and watch the vid before even attempting to fly.

I'm guessing that knob on the Pro transmitter might be kind of useful, so I'm going to try to pick up a transmitter on Ebay or something, rather than use my CP transmitter. .... or save my money and get a DX6i.... :-)