"Project Globetrotter" - Page 3 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Europe For our RC brethren across the pond.

"Project Globetrotter"

Old 05-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Son of Paleface
Ozzie Express Wiggy Pilot

I have ordered a complete Wing dragon from the suppliers here , sans all hardware , to build and prepare a camera mount , so I'll be able to take lots of aerial photo's of Adelaide and the small country town where I live when it gets here
Ian , son of Whiteman
Old 05-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Saucerguy2
Super Contributor

Default Wing Dragon

Going with the Wing Dragon, I can gaurantee it's not going to crash at my neck of the woods, that's a very simple to fly plane.

Something that should be addressed, in some countries, such as Indonesia, there is a strong chance it will get lost in customs or their mail system, this is that logistix I was mentioning, I'd hate it to get snagged out of the system due to a corrupt official that's not properly bribed. I just had to throw that one into the equasion since I have a buddy there and I even attempted to import something to no avail. He explained to me the horror stories about what goes on with stuff like that, so you are pre-warned about the situation.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:16 AM
stinkweed007
Super Contributor

well, so far we have not had any pilots chime in from countries of aledged mail or customs mis-appropriations...
Old 05-03-2007, 01:32 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Gotta have faith man! I was all excited telling my wife about it and she asked all the negatives. What if someone decides to keep it? What if it gets lost in the mail? What if? What if? What if?

I have faith that it will work. I think.... no, I know there will be great pictures, great stories, and a fun experience of being a part of something so cool.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:45 AM
JediFlyer

I'm in...Wilmington, NC

In addition if anyone wants to do a website or help do one...I will donate the hosting for free.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:50 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Originally Posted by English Electric View Post
Uk Pilot volunteering!

I live in the South East [not too far from London]

I have a Wing Dragon too! Spares and repairs would be no problem.

I do AP. Putting a camera on the Dragon for an aerial video would be no problem.

Count me in.

Paul.
Paul welcome to the site!
Old 05-03-2007, 03:15 AM
GA-Flyer
GA-Flyer

OK, I am a new R/Cer but I do live near Atlanta, if someone from here wants to do it I would like to be involved, if there isn't anyone I could give it a shot. I think we should get as many of the Big cities in the states as possible.

Doyle
Old 05-03-2007, 05:32 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
OK you talked me in to it. Depending on where Balil lives in Texas I could pick it up from you and take it to him. Maybe even hook up with Rabbitcreek in McAlester and give it some air time in Oklahoma.
Count me in this odyssey. I will get together with Smoke so we can move it south toward Texas.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:35 AM
Balil
foam murderer :D

smoke i live in tyler, its right at about 5-6 hrs from mcalaster. it'll get plenty of airtime here in texas, its a huge state
Old 05-03-2007, 05:39 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Balil View Post
smoke i live in tyler, its right at about 5-6 hrs from mcalaster. it'll get plenty of airtime here in texas, its a huge state
I went to a flyin at the club field in Tyler a couple of years ago. Nice field, except for the trees on the south end, as I remember.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:13 AM
admin
Administrator

Very neat. Cool project and idea. count Wattflyer in for wattever decals in any size/color you want for this project and if there is anything else we can help with shoot us a pm.

marc
Old 05-03-2007, 06:26 AM
Slowjohn
Passed on

Default I'm available in Palacios

I could take care of the middle Gulf Coast of Texas. Can see the water from my front door. I'd be happy to have a small part in this Grand Adventure.

Standing By,
SJ
Old 05-03-2007, 07:21 AM
stinkweed007
Super Contributor

and it gets thicker.. thats 19 dots...!

Thanks Marc for getting in on this!! Don has offered up some stickers, so we got that covered.. but.. Anything we need huh? We need another Pilot, I graciously put in a dot for ya..

UK Electric, you got any mates who want to get in on this..? the more the better..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	trotter Map2.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	30470  
Old 05-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Son of Paleface

Hey Stinky , You had better send the plane EAST , from you , cause by the time it gets thru the USA with all those flyers there will be nothing left , or it will be too heavy to fly ......I have decided to personally take the plane EAST from Adelaide to Mister Nice Guy in Sydney ,double the fun , and anyone else between , the ultimate Travel Trailer Trip (caravan to ozzies) some 1400kms (870miles) minimum, direct , one way fun fun fun
Old 05-03-2007, 08:18 AM
stinkweed007
Super Contributor

SOP,

Kool Idea, Chief and I (Max2112) are going to do something similar, he lives about 145km SE of me and I am in his town every other weekend, so after I do my leg of the trip, I am gonna drive it to him and then we will share the shipping cost.. and that looks like it will be to ya'll on the Big Island..

You really gotta post that trek on the thread!! that would be GREAT!!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Son of Paleface

Dont worry , I have a laptop and a number of digital cameras including vid , so there will be plenty of shots to post
Old 05-03-2007, 10:32 AM
r_kopka
Electric Only

I would like to join.

RK (Graz, Austria)
Old 05-03-2007, 11:11 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Sounds good to me as well! sign me up
Old 05-03-2007, 12:22 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
Count me in this odyssey. I will get together with Smoke so we can move it south toward Texas.
Originally Posted by Balil View Post

Done and done! Sounds great guy's.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Solid Hit
Just call me ... Bill

I'm in the Upstate of South Carolina (in the area of Greenville and Clemson). I'm in!!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:14 PM
stinkweed007
Super Contributor

gettin thicker... thanks for joining in!!!!

New map will be up once I get home!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Slowjohn
Passed on

Question Documentation

Good Morning Everyone,
I wonder what I'd take to get Guiness interested? This is going to be something that's never been done before. At least I don't recall ever hearing of anything even close to it being done before.
Is there going to be a time limit for sending the history making RC model aircraft on to the next destination? The reason I ask is due to say bad weather like hurricanes, high winds, hordes of Locust, stampeding fireants, etc...:<

I'm Looking Forward to This,
SJ
Old 05-03-2007, 03:43 PM
stinkweed007
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Slowjohn View Post
Good Morning Everyone,
I wonder what I'd take to get Guiness interested? This is going to be something that's never been done before. At least I don't recall ever hearing of anything even close to it being done before.
Is there going to be a time limit for sending the history making RC model aircraft on to the next destination? The reason I ask is due to say bad weather like hurricanes, high winds, hordes of Locust, stampeding fireants, etc...:<

I'm Looking Forward to This,
SJ
no need.. I have already sent e-mails to Guiness, there might need to be a bit of record taking involved, I am waiting on a final answer to the requirements.

As a giggle, I also sent a message to the Harlem Globetrotters, just to make sure the word Globetrotter isnt singled out in their trademark..
Old 05-03-2007, 05:54 PM
stinkweed007
Super Contributor

Ok ya'll thats 23 pilots.. as far as location turnover, because the shipping costs will be covered by the individual (or shared) pilots.. we really cant step on anyone to "move faster" nor can we truly set a timeline for completion because of that stampeed of fire-ants which may hold a pilot back from getting some stick time..

We could however make a pilot minimum.. like say 40 pilots. and encourage those who participate, to send/pass on the plane as fast as they are able..

since we are not requiring funding, sponsorship or anything.. a big company could (and possibly will) accomplish this feat quite quickly.. but WE will always be the first who did it.. Living in the days of the Stealth Fighter and intercontinental travel, we ALL still know who Wilbur, Orville and Lindbergh are..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	trotter Map3.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	30482  
Old 05-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

You're doing a great job with this Stink! This is going to be really cool.

Quick Reply: "Project Globetrotter"

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10283 seconds with 14 queries