Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

P-17 XL motor glider ...the bottle plane just got bigger!

Old 07-19-2022, 10:55 PM
Paul Knights

Post P-17 XL motor glider ...the bottle plane just got bigger!

Greetings folks,

It's been over a year since I last posted my 'P-17 bottle plane' videos. You know how things come along and you get distracted for a while! Anyway, I finally got around to building an XL version of my P-17 and test flying it in the last couple of weeks.

I have to say, I'm loving seeing this big bird flying so gracefully and slowly. A few minor tweaks and then I'll hopefully get the chance to film it against some gorgeous cliff top backdrops here on the Isle of Wight, UK. Hope you enjoy...

Old 07-20-2022, 01:45 AM
ron_van_sommeren
homo ludens modelisticus

That's just lovely Paul.
It's a bit like flying a helicopter, one cannot see the blades. You o.t.o.h. cannot see the fuselage
No need to stiffen (overpressure?) the fuselage in these temperatures? Same for (re)trimming?
Old 08-10-2022, 12:05 PM
Paul Knights

Smile Evening flight in golden summer light

Hi Ron,

Apologies for not responding earlier! The 'see through' fuselage is very apparent in this latest video I took just a couple of evenings ago. Gorgeous evening summer light up on the downs just behind my town. Please take a look...

...and hope you enjoy the summer sound track too.
Old 08-11-2022, 09:16 PM
ron_van_sommeren
homo ludens modelisticus

A very relaxing video too