E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Blade MCX Flybar

Old 12-01-2008, 05:10 PM
mjack777
Stay classy, planet Earth

Default Blade MCX Flybar

Been flying my new Blade MCX all week with only 1 minor problem.

I kept getting my lipo stuck in the charger,seen one battery come apart from
being pulled out of the charger....so I just made some mods to the charger...

Anyways

Im looking at some stock pics, and I noticed the flybar is different than the one I have. Mine has no profile to it, and is essentially a weighted tube.

Any thoughts?

Mike
Old 12-01-2008, 05:49 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by mjack777 View Post

Anyways

Im looking at some stock pics, and I noticed the flybar is different than the one I have. Mine has no profile to it, and is essentially a weighted tube.

Any thoughts?

Mike
Mike,

Care to elaborate on the modifications you did? Maybe post some pics?

As for the flybar, perhaps an email to Horizon would be in order. They may have modified the flybar during initial production.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:51 PM
mjack777
Stay classy, planet Earth

Default charger mod

I would post some pics, however Im stuck here at work with my "Dino-PC" that does not have a usb port.

Basically, I removed all 4 screws from the charger. (under the foot pads)

I removed the LED from the opening of the charger, and relocated it to the
bottom of the charger. I removed the two screws for the connector/plug base. I taped down the wire and wrapped the small printed board with
electrical tape to protect the pos and neg connections.

I reassembled the two halves of the charger and using a piece of electrical tape, made a hinge on the left side of the charger. It now opens like a book. And when you open it, you find your battery lying right in the front section
of the charger base. Connects/disconnects easily and away you go.

M

Last edited by mjack777; 12-01-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Heli Jim
Grandpa, Golfer, Pilot

Geez......too much like work!!

just use a very small screwdriver or a dull hobby knife to gently start the battery
up from the charging jack.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:55 AM
DaveESPI

use a dremel tool and cut a small notch in the battery plastic adapter, and then use a NON METALIC TIPPED screwdriver ( Like a radio knob adjustment one) to rempove the battery from the charger.

* A metal tip can potentialy cause a direct short and the lipo to catch fire.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:19 PM
fatcatzzz

I have the same problem with the batt. I took some a small jewlers file to the inside of the charger, also put a small piece of tape on the battery, it is easier to pull on the tape than the top of the battery.
fatcatzzz
Old 12-23-2008, 09:37 PM
rcflyair

Default mcx charger

I have the same trouble (fat fingers).

I got some of the Tenergy 130mah's yesterday with the little tape pull tab on the end. They're great, but come dangerously close to hitting the servo gears when you get the battery in the heli.

I was considering putting a bit of tape on the E-Flite battery, but its beginning to whimp out. I only have about 30 flights on it, but I've seen posts that say they're not lasting very long.

I don't care for the connetors they've used, and me thinks the charger is too "hot" for those little batteries.....
Old 12-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Ron S

Originally Posted by mjack777 View Post

Anyways

Any thoughts?

Mike
The "profiled" flybar was a "first run" flybar. Horizon has since went with the cylinder shaped weights on the flybar. There is no diffrence in performance. I've got both! One looks like little fat paddels,the other one looks like little "tootsie rolls" ,both fly the same. Ron
Old 12-25-2008, 07:36 PM
miru

Had the same problem with the charger.... Took the circuit board out of a toasted styrofoam helicopter (it uses the same connector), gutted the electronics and soldered a JST connector to it. Now I can use my Thunderpower charger to recharge those little buggers. Works great and I can see how much the battery gets recharged. I learned the hard way, that if you ever discharge it over 90 mAh it goes south in a hurry, so from now on out I keep my flight times at 5 minutes.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:42 AM
dlehman

Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
The "profiled" flybar was a "first run" flybar. Horizon has since went with the cylinder shaped weights on the flybar. There is no diffrence in performance. I've got both! One looks like little fat paddels,the other one looks like little "tootsie rolls" ,both fly the same. Ron
Hmm... weird. If there is no performance difference, do you know why they changed the flybar weight profile? Maybe a manufacturing issue?
Old 01-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Ron S

Yes! It is much easier/faster,to produce,and attach the "round" weights than the paddel shaped ones. I have a set of both,and can tell you,there is no diffrence in performance. Infact mine seems to respond quicker with the round one's installed. Ron
Old 01-03-2009, 07:14 PM
wbrosen

To get the batteries out of the charger just put a tape tab at the rear. It makes it easy to grab and pull out. The Tenergy replacements have the tab on them. http://www.ritehobby.com/