E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Blade MCX beginner review

Old 03-04-2009, 11:58 PM
MNfly
Got altitude?

Cool Blade MCX beginner review

Blade MCX beginner review
Personally I like the Blade MCX
I got a used one in great shape for $80 and am a first time Heli pilot. I have flown the H out of it and figure I will wear it out before I break it and it will do a lot more realistic flight than those cheap ones.
The only problem I have had is my own fault whacking the blades and breaking the yoke that the upper blade attaches to...Not a problem though, just epoxied it up and off we go. I have fixed it about 4 times but that is not the helis fault.
The MCX is extremely tough. When beginning I bet I dropped it from the ceiling to the floor a dozen times and did not hurt a thing. This was caused by what I call reverse ground effect....get too close to the ceiling and it will suck right up to it and you will get blade clash and down you come.
I think a lot of the helis endurance has been that if I thought I was getting in trouble (flying into walls, book case, window, ceiling, CAT ) I chopped the throttle and let it drop. That was a bit of a panic the first couple of times but soon learned that the MCX could take the drop with no ill effect.
Probably took me about 2 hours to get fairly good with it. (flying, not crashing )
The stand alone battery charger with 4 AA's will charge the lipo about 15 to 20 times if you do not run it flat, which is not good anyway and it has auto battery cutoff, you can take off again but it will not be good for the battery if you do it. I get about a 8 minuter flight time on a stock 110mah battery and I have one of the new 130mah batteries that I have not used yet but will post results on later..

FYI...Headsup RC has the 130mah replacement lipo for $7.95 + $2.00 shipping and at Headsup it doesn't matter 1 item or 100 pounds..still $2.00 shipping
They have really good prices on lots of electric stuff and no BS service as well as being knowledgable of the hobby
So there ya go my opinion and experience with the mico mighty MCX