Parkzone Spitfire or Trojan T-28 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

Parkzone Spitfire or Trojan T-28

Old 03-11-2009, 02:28 PM
skazz

Default Parkzone Spitfire or Trojan T-28

Morning all, I have become increasingly confused as to which plane I should upgrade to from my Super Cub.
Looking at the options, it seems i can either go for one of the war birds (Spitfire, Mustang etc) or the Trojan 4ch. Can anyone recommend which one I should go for?

Also I thought the war birds were all 4ch, however it seems you lose the rudder in favour of the Ailerons is this correct? And the Trojan is the only good 4ch option.

Am I nuts going from a supcub to a Trojan or are they easier to fly than the war birds mentioned?

any assistance would be much appreciated.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
capt. crash
is cooler than you

yes, several of those 3ch war birds do not have rudder, and only use ailerons, elevator and throttle. i don't think the trojan is that bad of an idea, i've heard great things about how stable it is and such. I personally like the feel of having all 4 channels as opposed to 3ch w/o rudder, but other than take-offs and landings I personally don't use much rudder so it does depend on your flying style.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Adrian

Personally I fly using rudder all the time, I fly sport gliders, floaters, semi scale & 3D. If you want to move on from a basic elevator rudder the next step IMO is to add airlerons-but not at the expense of losing another control surface.
I was given a Parkzone FW190 for xmas-the biggest pile of dung I've ever flown(even after putting decent servos, RX & brushless motor!) gave it to my grandson to play with & he loves it (I do'nt want a heated debate about the pros & cons of PZ products thank you)
There are plenty of models reviwed on this site & plenty of others on the net, have a good look around before you lay any cash out.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

the trojan will be much easier to fly than the others mentioned. mostly because its not underpowered like the brushed parkzone warbirds.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:16 AM
Larry G
E-Pilot

I have a Spit, and my buddy has the T-28. The T-28 is better. The Corsair also is a nice plane.

Do yourself a favor, if you think you are going to stick with this hobby, get a decent 2.4GHZ radio like the Spektrum or Futaba and buy the Plug and Play planes.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:31 AM
rcers
Super Contributor

Ditto - T28 a PERFECT next airplane....

Mike
Old 03-12-2009, 02:38 AM
benovisoff
aint crashin aint flyin

do the t-28. I hardly use rudder that much though, only really on ground steering. It is steerable, and brushless which is nice and has lots of power. It can really take a beating.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:20 AM
skazz

thanks for the information, what do you think about the Spektrum DSM2 as a starter 2.4ghz transmitter/receiver? is this worth getting or do i go straight for a better model. This comes witht he corsair, however i want to buy seperate RC as will go for the trojan off these recomendations.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:21 AM
LectricPlane

Interesting discussion.
I have the Spitfire and have been keeping an eye out for a next plane.
I am currently deliberating between another park flyer aerobatic type or an electric sport glider. T-28 looks nice and is ahead on points so far.
I do miss the rudder on the spitfire. You will learn more flying skills on a plane with rudder.

We should setup a "perfect progression" list of models and make it a sticky somwhere.
I'd go something like this:
#1 Gentle Lady -Carl Goldberg glider as the first plane.
#2 Super Cub
#3 ...
Old 03-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Larry G
E-Pilot

Originally Posted by skazz View Post
thanks for the information, what do you think about the Spektrum DSM2 as a starter 2.4ghz transmitter/receiver? is this worth getting or do i go straight for a better model. This comes witht he corsair, however i want to buy seperate RC as will go for the trojan off these recomendations.
The radio that comes with them is a DX5, and it works but it does not have any programming features at all. Get the DX6i and it should be all the radio you need for park flyers or even medium sized electrics. I've had one for a year now and am totally happy with it.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:34 PM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

The only problem i have with the trojan T-28 is the fact it looks awful, compaired to the spitfire in the air the trojan looks like a pig with wings.