The Official Texas Hill Country Wattheads Thread - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Informal Clubs Club Talk

The Official Texas Hill Country Wattheads Thread

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2009, 06:59 AM
groundrushesup
Super Contributor

info The Official Texas Hill Country Wattheads Thread

Welcome to the Texas Hill Country Watthead's Thread, a place where folks in the area can assemble and discuss whatever might be happening in our area, where we like to fly, who we like to fly with, and anything and everything else about e-Flight in Central Texas.

Now, I don't claim to be any sort of ambassador for the region - and there are plenty of people who fly around here - in fact, the AMA District VIII website lists no fewer than 20 active clubs within a 100-mile radius of my hometown, Boerne, Texas. Yes, only some of these folks are electric pilots, and even fewer spend much time on the intart00bs but that's okay. As we all know, both camps are growing - that of e-Flight and that of people who consider the internet a part of their daily life.

I myself spend a lot of time online. It is the nature of my job and the fact that I basically have 24/7 access to the internet that drew me to R/C forums such as RCG and WattFlyer in particular. Whenever I jump into something I tend to have a lot of questions and there's only so much the local hobby shop guy can tolerate... and at its best there really isn't any question you can ask that you won't find help with on the internet. Truly amazing is the power of collected experience.

Wow, off topic. What I am getting at is that I KNOW there are others out there. I meet them at the flying field. My goal here is to establish a meeting place and a one-stop resource spot for locals who might be interested in flying together: where, when, and how.

So, who is part of this informal club? Well for starters, Me. And I am gonna go out on a limb here and volunteer my wingman Capt Easy. Anyone can join. Proximity is a bonus.

So if you live around here and fly electrics and especially if you have a good place to fly, by all means brag about it. And then invite us.

I thought I would start by posting our favorite flying spot and some resources - This is where on Wed, Sat or Sun. weather permitting you may find us. Hopefully we will get to a point where we post our intentions so others might meet us or ask questions about when/if, etc.

Gillespie County Fairgrounds, Fredericksburg, TX

Google Maps Overview

Gillespie County Fairgrounds Schedule 2009 - When NOT to Fly

Some pics of the Field below. I plan to post a selection of the videos we've taken at this field too - the ones that didn't make You Tube as features.

Thanks. Please don't hesitate to post, we wanna make the most out of this thread!

Josh (aka GRU)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0873.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	114826   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0874.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	114827   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0879.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	114828   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0877.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	114829   Click image for larger version

Name:	GCF-OFF.jpg
Views:	1992
Size:	356.8 KB
ID:	114831  

Last edited by groundrushesup; 12-03-2009 at 07:37 AM.

Quick Reply: The Official Texas Hill Country Wattheads Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.68720 seconds with 35 queries