Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

NASCAR 2010 "Let's go racin boys."

Old 01-30-2010, 03:32 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Default NASCAR 2010 "Let's go racin boys."

The 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup season begins in just a few weeks with the grandaddy of them all, the Daytona 500.

Who will win the Cup title this season? Will my boy JJ win five in a row? Will Junior recover from his funk and have a breakout season? Or maybe JPM will be the first driver from outside the USA to win the title.

And then, how will the new rules change the picture. Bump drafting is back as well as the old tried and true spoiler, since the wing flew away. Do bigger restricter plates at Daytona mean better racing and more speed or do they mean bigger crashes.

I don't think I can keep up with a weekly tab on the races like Kev did for the last two years and he is just too busy to do it this year. So here is what I will do this year.

Pick who you think will win the Cup this year and how many points he will win it by over second place. That would be the points in the race to the chase. In other words JJ won the title over MM by 141 points last year, so JJ by 141 would have won the Wattflyer Cup title.

Post your picks in this thread and I will transfer them to the official Wattflyer Cup Title Thread (WCT Thread for those that like acronyms) and lock them in for the duration.

I think it might be OK for us to make changes in our picks up until the halfway point in the season, but you need to have your pick on the record pretty quickly to be eligible for the Title. I am open to suggestions for changes to the rules to make it more fun as long as it does not make it harder to keep track.

There will be a nice prize for the winner, but I don't know what it will be at this time, but it will be something RC.

So, Gentlemen Start Your Engines and get those picks in quickly.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Come on guys, lets get this going before the season starts. It is not very long until the Bud Shootout.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:43 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Ok, Tony Stewart with a 114 point lead...he's due for another championship. Besides there is no way Jimmy is getting 5 in a row .
Old 02-02-2010, 02:00 AM
scott-p
crash test pilot

I'm going to have to say...Tony Stewart also but just by 50 points over Jeff Gordon
Old 02-02-2010, 02:02 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

I will also predict that Danicka Patrick (sp?) will get mad and get in another drivers face .
Old 02-02-2010, 02:07 AM
TDisaster
Super Contributor

"Let's go racing boys"

... and girl.

I'm going with Kenseth again this year, by 35 points.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:24 AM
smuggler

Ryan Newman fan here but am also going to pick stewart. Getting a little sick of JJ's dominance. I wonder will cup ever get to Canada??
I would love to see Mark Martin get a championship.
Tony by 25 points

Last edited by smuggler; 02-02-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:03 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
Ryan Newman fan here but am also going to pick stewart. Getting a little sick of JJ's dominance. I wonder will cup ever get to Canada??
I would love to see Mark Martin get a championship.
So Smuggler, you are going to pick Tony by how many points?
Old 02-02-2010, 07:41 AM
Biplane Murphy
2 Wings, Twice The Fun

Tony Stewart by 75 points.

I just hope he lays off eating all those Burger King Whoppers during the pit stops this year.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Biplane Murphy
2 Wings, Twice The Fun

Also, I think a great rule would be for Jimmy Johnson to not be allowed to win the cup this year!!

HAHAHAHAHHA
Old 02-03-2010, 04:35 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Biplane Murphy View Post
Also, I think a great rule would be for Jimmy Johnson to not be allowed to win the cup this year!!

HAHAHAHAHHA
I think Chad would find a way around that rule.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:44 AM
pablo27

Ok I'm not a fan of his BTW, but I think the #18 (shrub) by 120 pts this year.

Would love to go for JPM but I think his Latin temperament will cause a few more troubles this year even more than the #18 !
Old 02-05-2010, 02:05 AM
scott-p
crash test pilot

Originally Posted by pablo27 View Post
Ok I'm not a fan of his BTW, but I think the #18 (shrub) by 120 pts this year.

Would love to go for JPM but I think his Latin temperament will cause a few more troubles this year even more than the #18 !
the #18 ( kyle bush) his crew chief went to his brothers team. #2 Kurt Bush...think that will make a difference? find out!

Also Do you think # 18 will try to block Stewart at Daytona this year..hahahahahahahaha
Old 02-05-2010, 02:09 AM
pablo27

Originally Posted by scott-p View Post
the #18 ( kyle bush) his crew chief went to his brothers team. #2 Kurt Bush...think that will make a difference? find out!

Also Do you think # 18 will try to block Stewart at Daytona this year..hahahahahahahaha
The Shrub will try anything even on Smoke ! Looking forward to Daytona big time with the bump drafting back this year
Old 02-05-2010, 04:06 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Kyle is his own worst enemy. When he grows up, he will win some titles. I just don't think this is his year. He may have discovered the pit girls.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:42 PM
pablo27

Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
Kyle is his own worst enemy. When he grows up, he will win some titles. I just don't think this is his year. He may have discovered the pit girls.
Yeah perhaps that's why he went off the boil in the second half of last year ? He was at one stage even tipped to drive in a test for Honda F1 until they quit. Let's see how he goes.

Big crash today in Bud shootout practice....bump drafting is back !
Old 02-06-2010, 12:53 AM
rea59
BEEP..Bleep..BEEP

Stewart by 125 points
Old 02-06-2010, 12:55 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Thumbs up

This is Gordon's year.

Jeff Gordon by 132 points
Old 02-06-2010, 01:00 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
Ok, Tony Stewart with a 114 point lead...he's due for another championship. Besides there is no way Jimmy is getting 5 in a row .
Originally Posted by rea59 View Post
Stewart by 125 points

Are we playing by Price is Right rules? The closest bidder with out going over .
Old 02-06-2010, 01:13 AM
rea59
BEEP..Bleep..BEEP

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
Are we playing by Price is Right rules? The closest bidder with out going over .
Something like that. Hahahaha

If I remember correctly you bailed on Tony last year as he carried me to #1
Old 02-06-2010, 01:25 AM
Moxus
Gremlin

my thoughts on motorsport in general.
why is there no true world championchips in motorsport, like there is in athletic sports?
you might call nascar a world championship (in fact, i dont know if you do).
but it just isnt, because nobody but americans care about nascar.
we here in europe might sat f1 grand prix is a world championship, but only the germans, the italians and the british really care about it.
in japan, maybe they think of drifting as a world championship. but only the japanese gives a damn about driving mazdas sideways in corners.
why is there no motorsport wich has both interest, and competitors, from the whole world?
it shouldnt be that hard, they all got the basics in common.
noise, smell, speed and power, best times around a track.
me myself has more interest for motorbikes, but only the japanese has competitive bikes, together with a very few "me too" italians, that actually can compete.

is it a bit that we europeans dont want to drive nascar, because we are no good at it.
americans wont drive f1, because they are no good at that.

its a shame. motorsport has much weaker appeal to the general public than atlethic sports does. especially over here, where the general public has caught the mental disease of "smaller motors is better for the environment".
i think a few but larger motorsport would be stronger at promoting the sports to the general public.
and with a more motor minded public, i think all kind of technical hobbies would more or less benefit from.
its madenss that grandma can drive a car, and be juridically responsive for the safe technical condition of her car, without knowing what a spark plug is.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:52 AM
scott-p
crash test pilot

Most American motor heads lives have revolved around the muscle car era. I know mine has. My 68 500 hp camaro doing 10's at the strip a few years ago was awsome. I know theres alot of like me that dont care for 4 bangers and only want the feel and sound of a cammin V8. Thats where the Nascar guys came from with their fathers building these things in there garages and running moonshine or drag racing down there local streets. You never have seen a F1 driver build his own car and drive it down the street and have it street legal. Dang I love racing!!! From the cars I used to build to the dirtbikes I used to keep running for my son. HORSEPOWER!!!!! AWWW YES

Just some first thoughts on that but I might have more.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:15 AM
dmmalish
r/c crash test "DUMMY"

Mark Martin by 55 IN THE GO DADDY CHEVROLET
Old 02-06-2010, 02:18 AM
Moxus
Gremlin

i agree with you here scott.
a pity motor as a culture on the streets dont appeal to much to the police.
again, my interest mainly being motorbikes, but of course we enjoy burning tires and do 0-60 mph in 3 seconds on one wheel.
why is it forbidden? its not speeding... "reckless driving" they say. ok, how about driving 60 mph on the snowy and slippery roads, isnt that reckless? apparantly not, because everybody hese does it.
anyway, i agree that american muscle cars also has its charm.
one of the cars i really REALLY want is a corvette c3.
but i think i would be more like an old man about it. keeping it in mint condition, polishing it twice as much as driving it, and only bring it out on fine weather summer sundays.
it has always been my thing that cars has its useful sides, but speed not being one of them.
thats mainly due to my restricted budget, and you get a lot more mppffff for your cash with a bike, than with a car.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:23 AM
Biplane Murphy
2 Wings, Twice The Fun

HA........So far Tony has a lot of fans!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!

He should paint one of his cars in Tiger Stripes, and be sponsored by Frosted Flakes for that race.

Quick Reply: NASCAR 2010 "Let's go racin boys."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.20251 seconds with 13 queries