Dumb Stryker Questions. - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Dumb Stryker Questions.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:59 AM
Twmaster

Default Dumb Stryker Questions.

I just got a nearly bare Stryker airframe. I ordered a few replacement parts to spruce it up and I also have just about everything else needed to put it in the air but I have a couple of kinda silly questions.

First. How tall are the control horns on the elevons? How long are the arms on the servos?

Next, I got a parts bag with three skids in it. The one skid is kinda obvious where it goes on the belly. The other two bits don't really have any place that screams 'put me here'. (Could somebody post a photo of the bottom?)

And lastly. I'm likely going brushless with this but am curious just how much current the stock brushed 480 motor draws WOT with the recommended prop for NiMH and for Lipo.

Thanks in advance gang.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:13 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Mike there is only one skid on the bottom of mine. The other two may be to hold the front of the stabs in.

Hope these help
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0051.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	39574   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0052.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	39575   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0053.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	39576  
Old 09-02-2007, 05:20 AM
Twmaster

Thanks Bill. I see how the two fit now. Keepers for the fins.

The third pic sorts out my horns question nicely also.

Now for amp draw....

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2007, 05:23 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

No prob Mike! Glad I could help ya out.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:37 AM
MrElusive
EDF NUT

Smile stryker stuff

generaly those planes use a 25 amp esc. as far as horns and servo arms go you have to figure out how much throw you want to have. just get some horns that are almost a inch tall and try diffrent holes on em till you find a good amount of control that you like. and for the servos, just use the longest arm in the servo kit. the other 2 skids could be placed on the wings in even spots to help keep them from diggin in the grass. ( i just saw that you found out the other two parts were the keepers for the fins. LOL)

now for the motor and prop. get a 6 pole or better motor that has a 3.1 shaft. use a 6x4 or higher pitch till you find your style of speed/control. 6" is a good size and is the normal for these. the orignal prop on mine is a 6X4 I think.

Originally Posted by Twmaster View Post
I just got a nearly bare Stryker airframe. I ordered a few replacement parts to spruce it up and I also have just about everything else needed to put it in the air but I have a couple of kinda silly questions.

First. How tall are the control horns on the elevons? How long are the arms on the servos?

Next, I got a parts bag with three skids in it. The one skid is kinda obvious where it goes on the belly. The other two bits don't really have any place that screams 'put me here'. (Could somebody post a photo of the bottom?)

And lastly. I'm likely going brushless with this but am curious just how much current the stock brushed 480 motor draws WOT with the recommended prop for NiMH and for Lipo.

Thanks in advance gang.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:43 AM
Twmaster

Nevermind.

Last edited by Twmaster; 09-02-2007 at 05:58 AM.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:59 AM
MrElusive
EDF NUT

Smile what evea

no need to be rude. if what i posted didnt help, then thats that then. I tried to help.( if you bothered to read my post you will see that i did answere your questions.) And you couldnt have been in it all that long if you didnt know that stuff about the stryker. :P

I think most of the people on this board that are into foamies have flown or owned a stryker 27-c. ( we all just couldnt pass up that sale when we saw the 80 MPH + on the box!)

Originally Posted by Twmaster View Post
And all of that didn't answer one of my very direct questions. I've been in this hobby long enough to know almost all of the 'generalities'. I asked specific questions with regard to specific parts.

Please keep your answers on point or don't answer at all.