preping blocks of foam - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

preping blocks of foam

Old 09-02-2007, 10:14 AM
MrElusive
EDF NUT

Smile preping blocks of foam

maybe someone can help me out here. I have 4 layers of eps i need to glue together.
But I still need to be able to wire cut and grind this stuff afterwards. any ideas on what glue would be friendly enough for wirecutting and stuff after it has cured?

Iam planning on giving it a shot at carving out a edf jet out of a 4x4 block multi layer.

Also just a little info for you all..... i went to wal-mart today to research what all i could find there to craft out of and, it turns out they have a 2ft x 2ft x 2ft of what looks like eps foam with a thin plastic covering. they are sold as archer targets!:< the foam seems to be real dense and not too heavy. i wonder if that would make for some mean bashing stock??
Old 09-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Water Boy
☺ ↓ My co-pilot ☺

Best thing I can tell you to use would be 3M 77 spary adhesive. Just clean the surface with some alcohol. Let that dry then lightly spray the glue, let it sit a second and get tacky. Then put the 2 pieces together and apply pressure. Thats it... Most other adhesives expand or are very hard, since this iss a spray it much thinner and will not affect the hot wire and sands easily. Make sure its 3M 77 not other cheaper stuff as those will attack the foam. Try it on some scrap first then when you got it go for the good foam.