DepronUSA - OK to use? - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

DepronUSA - OK to use?

Old 08-08-2007, 03:18 AM
Louis

Default DepronUSA - OK to use?

Last edited by Louis; 08-22-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:20 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Here is a reliable source for Depron Louis. And welcome to Wattflyer.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:57 AM
Louis

Last edited by Louis; 08-22-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

I've spoken with the owner/operator of DepronUSA. He's a really nice guy -- very helpful in my quest to release a flat foamie airplane to the public. However, he seems overextended -- never able to catch up on his work...

Based on the link, above, I visited RCPOWERS.COM -- that web site looks abandoned. Are they out of business or something? Even if they are still in business, I don't like the idea of sending my money to an abandoned web site... In any event, their Depron sheet sizes are "not normal", and not large enough for my needs...

Then, I found RCFoam.com -- they look like a professional operation. Their prices are the lowest I've seen on the internet or in town, and their shipping is very reasonable.

Now for the big question -- does anyone have any experience with RCFoam.com? I'm very tempted to send them a $168 order...
Old 08-09-2007, 05:56 PM
vax6335
Crazy 'bout Bees

Default RC Super Powers

Isn't abandoned. He's very very active over on RC Groups. I've bought a couple planes from him and he's one of the best guys to deal with. Very helpful, if you have any problems, he will go out of his way to help you out. He released a bunch of planes recently, so he's probably re-doing his site for that. I would have absolutely no problem buying from him.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:06 PM
zzconn

Rcfoam Is A Ripoff,i Lost 64.50 On An Order. Dave
Old 08-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Interesting... Luckily, I didn't end up ordering from RCFoam... I found a fellow RC guy (just like you or me), who is starting a laser cutting business. I figured he would have access to lots of Depron, and it turns out he DID!

I bought a case, at $6 per sheet (price after shipping). I will let you guys know how it turns out.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:59 PM
zzconn

Cool rcfoam

I recieved my foam, and he apologised to me
Old 08-17-2007, 08:09 PM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Loughead View Post
Interesting... Luckily, I didn't end up ordering from RCFoam... I found a fellow RC guy (just like you or me), who is starting a laser cutting business. I figured he would have access to lots of Depron, and it turns out he DID!

I bought a case, at $6 per sheet (price after shipping). I will let you guys know how it turns out.
Is he taking orders?

Tell him to get on, post a few hellos, then let us know that he's cutting, and he will be flooded with orders
Old 08-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
Is he taking orders?

Tell him to get on, post a few hellos, then let us know that he's cutting, and he will be flooded with orders
He's already here! http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23006

His kits are in the Alpha and Beta test phases right now. He isn't quite ready to accept a flood of orders just yet!

He sent me a F-5A kit (Alpha testing) to build and fly. I will post a build thread when the twin motors and ducted fans come in.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:08 PM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

I'll test one too, if he wants
Old 08-18-2007, 02:05 AM
tppjr

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Loughead View Post
I've spoken with the owner/operator of DepronUSA. He's a really nice guy -- very helpful in my quest to release a flat foamie airplane to the public. However, he seems overextended -- never able to catch up on his work...

Based on the link, above, I visited RCPOWERS.COM -- that web site looks abandoned. Are they out of business or something? Even if they are still in business, I don't like the idea of sending my money to an abandoned web site... In any event, their Depron sheet sizes are "not normal", and not large enough for my needs...

Then, I found RCFoam.com -- they look like a professional operation. Their prices are the lowest I've seen on the internet or in town, and their shipping is very reasonable.

Now for the big question -- does anyone have any experience with RCFoam.com? I'm very tempted to send them a $168 order...
I ordered from them a couple of weeks ago, ok, only complaint is that it took a week or more for them to ship.

Thomas
Old 08-18-2007, 05:53 AM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Who (exactly) did you order from? DepronUSA? RCFoam? RCPowers?
Old 08-20-2007, 04:25 PM
rcfoam
Foamie Material Supplier

Default Humble Pie...

We respect the power of the posts and welcome critical feedback as we work thru some growing pains. Granted, a Thurs eve order to the following Friday arrival at the door is better than most internet mail order services, we typically do much better. Extra product is typically sent as appropriate and then sending the back ordered item when in-stock at our cost for the additional shipping is our policy.

If we screw up, let us know directly. It will help make us better.

Neil