Getting paper off foam board - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Getting paper off foam board

Old 08-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Balsa_Butcher

Default Getting paper off foam board

I gave a sheet of black Elmer's foamboard from Walmart a QUICK shot of STP carb cleaner just to see what would happen. I did not soak the paper only a light spray. I waited 20 seconds and off the paper peeled! Like magic! Be careful around the edges.I stripped 10 sheets in under 30 minutes like this. It works! Spray and then start pulling from a corner to see if it's loose. It's easy.
I didn't damage a single sheet.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:11 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Balsa_Butcher View Post
I gave a sheet of black Elmer's foamboard from Walmart a QUICK shot of STP carb cleaner just to see what would happen. I did not soak the paper only a light spray. I waited 20 seconds and off the paper peeled! Like magic! Be careful around the edges.I stripped 10 sheets in under 30 minutes like this. It works! Spray and then start pulling from a corner to see if it's loose. It's easy.
I didn't damage a single sheet.
Wow your brave If it works for you, Great, I just sand the paper to get the shine off, and soak the foam board parts, after they are cut out, in the bath tub over night, with a wet towel on top of the pieces, and rub any glue that might be on the foamboard with a wash towel, under water, works great for me, and no harmful chemical fumes, Take care, Chellie
Old 08-27-2007, 06:10 PM
soar-ne
Omaha Ne.

I have heard that too. I think it is mostly alcahol and have heard of people spraying it with windex with rubbing alcy added. Also windsheild washer fluid is said to work with more alchy added. Like Chellie I just use good old water for a while after I cut out the parts......

Good Hint though
Bob