Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Women Pilots On Wattflyer

Old 12-19-2008, 01:59 AM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
Here's my daughter getting the hang of ground handling with Steve bub's Air Hog. She had several short flights, only a few of which ended in the trees!

I've got her set up with a WattFlyer screen name but she's been so busy with school, piano, gymnastics, and soccer that she hasn't had time to hang out online.

I'm building a StevensAero SQuiRT and have a buddy box setup so I'm hoping to get her some signficant air time in the not-too-distant future. She'll probably be out-flying me this time next year... 'hope so anyway.
She's a sweety all right, and our newist Mullet Marauder!!! bub, steve
Old 12-19-2008, 02:22 AM
Moxus
Gremlin

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Hi Moxus You BETTER BELIVE SHE COUNTS Double in my opinion, being a Mechanic She is so cute We want to see a vidio of her soon flying a glider or some nice plane Take care, Chellie

she counts 100 times in my opinion, without going into details about that
but i wasnt sure if it counted for this thread.
i have gotten her to fly simulator several times, and i dont thnik she enjoys it too much, but at least i talked her into flying simulator so many times that she takes off, keeps them airborne, and can even land them with some instructions about when to drop throttle, right altitude etc etc.
anyway, i offered her to lend any of my aircrafts, but shes too afraid to crash. even the small ones.
she tried the flybaby, but i think that counts more as a toy than a model. anyway, she flew it great. and even the flybaby seemed a lot more fun in real life than what the simulator was, so maybe i get her to start one day.
i also tried to talk her into spicing up the extra, as the color scheme is quite dull. shes great with a pencil, but it turned out that the airbrush wasnt her, so today the extra is completely white, and waiting for me to come up with some "great" ideas for a nice, yet simple, color scheme.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:48 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
... never understood Water Polo. How do you keep the Horses from drowning???
brinnaaa here:
i dont really like waterpolo.
i would rather do swim.
but my physical education teacher called me out the other day on my physical abilities.
and said that i needed to some kind of athletic sport and told me to do water polo.
so i talked to the coach and bam i was on the junior varsity team just like that.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:07 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Alpea42 View Post
brinnaaa here:
i dont really like waterpolo.
i would rather do swim.
but my physical education teacher called me out the other day on my physical abilities.
and said that i needed to some kind of athletic sport and told me to do water polo.
so i talked to the coach and bam i was on the junior varsity team just like that.
Good for you Brinnaaa, Team sports build character and leadership skills. You'll have a good time with it.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:34 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Bill,. you keep the horses from drowning by making them wear speedos. Even a horse wouldn't be caught dead wearing those swim suits.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:36 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Alpea42 View Post
Bill,. you keep the horses from drowning by making them wear speedos. Even a horse wouldn't be caught dead wearing those swim suits.
LOL, now that makes sense...
Old 12-19-2008, 04:44 AM
Kirsty_Carnage
A/V + A/P Camera operator

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Loughead View Post
I'm confused... You say that airplane has a 63" wingspan, and you say the bed is a "super kingsize bed"...

Something seems wrong with those two facts... That bed looks more like a "fullsize" bed. I wonder if the size of a "kingsize" bed in Europe is different from a "kingsize" bed in the USA...

By the way -- I envy the size of your airplane. The largest one I have is 51"... :o

The bed is 6ft wide, it's great for watching TV online, you can really sloth out on it, you can smell the mahogany as well, almost like being in the jungle

Kirsty x
Old 12-19-2008, 04:47 AM
Kirsty_Carnage

Originally Posted by aviatordave View Post
I wonder why the wood prop? For looks?

An APC would give better performance, wouldnt it?

I know one thing, you sure wouldnt want to put a glow plane on the bed and have it drip slime all over that nice bed spread.

The wood prop was the biggest they had at the time, have now got an APC copy on it 18x12 & it really needs a 19x12.
Glow fuel...had far worse on the bed......

We got kids

Kirsty xx
Old 12-19-2008, 04:52 AM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

and Wilbur (flying Monkey) gave me a hard time about the bed spread....
Old 12-19-2008, 04:54 AM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

oops, thought I was somewhere else...
Old 12-19-2008, 04:56 AM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
which reminds me, I need to go see crabzilla.
But.....she doesnt want to see you.

How come she aint here in this thread?

Wow, I caught Wilburs post before he edited it! Owned.
Kirsty_Carnage

Originally Posted by caltrop View Post
Been there, done that. Expecially on the grass. Someone sugested I use plastic screws to bolt the landing gear on with. You will have to go one or two sizes larger for strength but it's great. Now when I come in too hard or that darn wind doesn't cooperate all I loose is the gear and I have to do a very careful belly landing the next go round.

I also put larger wheels on my small stuff for the grass. The stock wheels just don't do it. I also do like tail draggers but not that darn skid; I always add a stearable wheel back there. Nothing fancy just a bent piece of wire glued to the rudder. I sometimes run the wire through the skid for extra support.
The original wheels were 2.5 inch, foam. We now have 3.5 rubber, bit more weight but with a thrust to weight ratio of 1:1.38 should be fine
Also have another motor that he reckons will be perfect in it, hopefully some more power...need to be able to carry a 279g panasonic HD video cam+eagletree E-logger+OSD+GPS..now this should be fun.

The trouble is the place where we fly from is a football pitch, the ground is SOAKING due the the amount of days rain we have been suffering here, add to that the scars from football boots & it's a recipe for disaster.

FRANNY:

Love that stearman, what a corker. Tell us more about what you running in her?

Kirsty xx
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Kirsty_Carnage View Post
Hey Chellie, get that swift built, was thinkign of getting one as a fun machine, can you tell me what motor, ESC & blades you are going to use on her?

Kirsty xx
Hi Kristy Hey Girl, if you want the Swift, i will make you a great deal on it, i was going to use a 600 motor of about 1100kv and a 4 cell lipo, I was just going to use the stock Blades for now, but if you want it, let me know, I hope its cheap to ship to UK I have a shogun v2 400 heli, and thats good enough for me right now, Take Care, Chellie
Old 12-19-2008, 04:58 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
Here's my daughter getting the hang of ground handling with Steve bub's Air Hog. She had several short flights, only a few of which ended in the trees!

I've got her set up with a WattFlyer screen name but she's been so busy with school, piano, gymnastics, and soccer that she hasn't had time to hang out online.

I'm building a StevensAero SQuiRT and have a buddy box setup so I'm hoping to get her some signficant air time in the not-too-distant future. She'll probably be out-flying me this time next year... 'hope so anyway.
She is Sooo Cute and she has a Radio in Hand Ok get her screen name listed here Take care, Chellie
Old 12-19-2008, 05:00 AM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

She is Sooo Cute and she has a Radio in Hand Ok get her screen name listed here Take care, Chellie
bub, steve
Maya
Old 12-19-2008, 05:01 AM
Kirsty_Carnage

Hi Kristy Hey Girl, if you want the Swift, i will make you a great deal on it, i was going to use a 600 motor of about 1100kv and a 4 cell lipo, I was just going to use the stock Blades for now, but if you want it, let me know, I hope its cheap to ship to UK I have a shogun v2 400 heli, and thats good enough for me right now, Take Care, Chellie
Hi Chellie, its now 04:00 & I'm going to get spanked for being late to bed Dont sellt he swift, trust me I've flown a Mini Titan & a trex600, the bigger they are, the better....now for the guys reading this I'm talking about SIZE...Heli size that is

Kirsty xx
Old 12-19-2008, 05:01 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Voyager2lcats View Post
Al, I just come out and say "I came in too fast and smashed the landing gear into the ground." LOL. End of story.

P.S. Subscribed due to Chellie!
You Better Subscribe Here or ELSE or else you wont be subscribed here Take Care, Chellie
Old 12-19-2008, 05:03 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Kirsty_Carnage View Post
Hi Chellie, its now 04:00 & I'm going to get spanked for being late to bed Dont sellt he swift, trust me I've flown a Mini Titan & a trex600, the bigger they are, the better....now for the guys reading this I'm talking about SIZE...Heli size that is

Kirsty xx
Get to bed Hon or your going to have Bags under your eyes Good Nite, Chellie
Old 12-19-2008, 05:04 AM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

ChillieBubett::She was a natural flyer!! I gave her the Aero Ace so she can fly anytime she wants, MustangBub's a great Dad and she's got him around her little finger, what a sweety!! bub, steve
Old 12-19-2008, 05:18 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Talking Fun thread

Hi Everyone This is really turning out to be a Fun Thread Thanks to Everyone for making it that way Take care, Chellie
Old 12-19-2008, 05:19 AM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Hi Everyone This is really turning out to be a Fun Thread Thanks to Everyone for making it that way Take care, Chellie
Everyone has fun when Ms, Chillie's in da House!!! bub, steve
Old 12-19-2008, 05:26 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Franny, Jasmine and Brinnaaa Glad you came over to join us on this thread, We should have Made a thread like this a long time ago Take care, Chellie
Old 12-19-2008, 05:38 AM
Twmaster

You ladies sure have some truly magnificent models. Thanks for sharing!!

Kirsty.. Thanks for the info on the Zlin.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:38 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Ha Ha Heh heh I wont be missing any of these posts. I can't even repeat what I've heard cuz I'm blushing.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:50 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Moxus View Post
she counts 100 times in my opinion, without going into details about that
but i wasnt sure if it counted for this thread.
i have gotten her to fly simulator several times, and i dont thnik she enjoys it too much, but at least i talked her into flying simulator so many times that she takes off, keeps them airborne, and can even land them with some instructions about when to drop throttle, right altitude etc etc.
anyway, i offered her to lend any of my aircrafts, but shes too afraid to crash. even the small ones.
she tried the flybaby, but i think that counts more as a toy than a model. anyway, she flew it great. and even the flybaby seemed a lot more fun in real life than what the simulator was, so maybe i get her to start one day.
i also tried to talk her into spicing up the extra, as the color scheme is quite dull. shes great with a pencil, but it turned out that the airbrush wasnt her, so today the extra is completely white, and waiting for me to come up with some "great" ideas for a nice, yet simple, color scheme.
Hi have her fly one of those round planes, with the edge folded up, that will give her a lot of stick time, and she wont be afraid to crash it, because its just a cheapy foamy here is one of our Chino RC Renegades Pilots with his

Last edited by CHELLIE; 12-19-2008 at 06:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Women Pilots On Wattflyer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.11276 seconds with 10 queries