Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Batteries & Chargers
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-19-2018, 04:53 AM   #1
Old Timer

Friends: (0)
Default Alphagen DCX2000 36 volt dc generator

I bought one of these to field charge my batteries. I haven't hooked it up to my charger but it looks promising as a DC power source.

I bought this one for cheap off of #bay.

Lightweight portable DC generator for emergency deployment
Large 1.7 gallon (6.4L) fuel tank for longer runtimes
DC technology requires no Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) and lowers risk of theft
No need to disconnect or reconnect power supply to utility power
Quiet operation, less than 71dBA at 7m (22ft)
Optional remote monitor cable
Capable of parallel operation with other DCX2000 units

The compact, lightweight AlphaGen Generator is designed specifically for powering cable television, telecommunications and broadband applications that do not have integrated generators as a primary component of the power system. The portable generator incorporates several technological advantages including a 36V Permanent Magnet Generator (PMG) technology that provides 2,000W of continuous power in a lightweight and portable package. Additional features include a convenient main panel with a quick connector, output indicators, LCD display with Volts, Amps, Watts, Alarms and hour meter.

Old 04-20-2018, 11:28 PM   #2
Old Timer

Friends: (0)

I've contacted Progressive RC to find out if using a generator of this type is advisable. I'm looking at the charger 4010 Duo as it has enough input capability to support 39.5 volts that the generator puts out.

Any thoughts?

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Batteries & Chargers