Electric Ducted Fan Jets Discuss electric ducted fan jets here including setup tips, power systems, flying techniques, etc.

New setup for my Airliner

Old 08-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
Hey Herb, I am running the stock programming on mine except for eliminating the BEC. I am running an external Medusa BEC.

This setup is performing flawlessly! I still have the stock motors in mine as I am fortunate enough to have a 400' long paved runway.
Good man. Trusting BECs on twin EDFs is not worth the hassle. I'm building a second ME262 to replace my failed BEC first one. It has a Park BEC in it. The second build was already started when I finally flew the first one. Figured I ought to find out what they fly like, before I fly my current build. I do now know that the fly well, which gives me something to look forward to with the current build. They fly well until you are on your landing approach, lowest throttle of the flight, and the overloaded BEC gives out.

Here's a link to the entertaining events:
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...8&postcount=11