Electric Ducted Fan Jets Discuss electric ducted fan jets here including setup tips, power systems, flying techniques, etc.

GWS A4 Skyhawk

Old 02-12-2008, 12:01 AM
ParkJetsFlyer

Default GWS A4 Skyhawk

Well I finally bit the bullett and bought one of these today from Tower. They have a promotion going on so I bought the White A4 kit. I don't know how long the promotion will last, but i couldn't pass it up for $44.00 Shipping included $54.99 normal price.

Not sure what I'm going to power it with yet, but I want to have this ready for SEFF

Last edited by ParkJetsFlyer; 02-12-2008 at 06:13 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:30 AM
PerlAddict
Community Moderator

Another $20 off $50? Oh no ... I just racked up with a $20 off $50 and $25 off $150 last week for a bunch of servos I needed. And now I've got to go buy more servos while the gettin's good. Or more props. Or another kit.

Thank goodness I already have an Alfa A-4 ... at least I won't be tempted on that GWS one until the Alfa's done.

Though there's always that F-15 ... or A-10 ... or Zero ....

Dang you, Tom! Where did you get this coupon code at? I'm a Tower member and I hadn't gotten any emails, and I didn't notice it in the last flyer they sent out.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

"Build it and they will come"
Old 02-12-2008, 02:22 AM
PerlAddict
Community Moderator

Gah, did Tower change their site? I can't figure out how to just sort ARF kits by Electric. There used to be a link that went straight to it. Grrr!
Old 02-12-2008, 05:02 AM
ParkJetsFlyer

I got a "we miss you" e-mail this morning, they had sent one a few weeks ago with the same deal, but I never used it.

I had to look it up by manufacturer, not kit type. I have the new J-10 and F-15 saved in my wish list, but I found those after I bought the A-4.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:49 AM
PerlAddict
Community Moderator

Guess they just don't miss me as much. lol. Is the code one use per household?

Wow ... guess I got the last batch of HS-81MG's. Bought six of them just over a week ago, and now they're showing as discontinued on Tower's website. HS-82MG's are there and the same price, though. Go figure. :p

Here's what I got when I went to check-out by the way:
Ad number 011RW promotional offer can be redeemed only by those who received this offer from us. Please enter a valid Ad Number or leave blank.

Oh well ... probably for the best anyway. Visa could use a break.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:11 AM
ParkJetsFlyer

Originally Posted by PerlAddict View Post
Guess they just don't miss me as much. lol. Is the code one use per household?
bummer I guess they wised up ROFL i pulled the code from my first post.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:34 AM
PerlAddict
Community Moderator

Well, people can still try it, so I'd just leave it up. Sometimes people don't see their offer emails or they get sent to their junk folders. I get eBay/Paypal deals like that a lot - coupon codes that are only supposed to be good for the people they were sent to, but they end up working for me about half the time still, even when I never recalled seeing an email from them.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:44 AM
ParkJetsFlyer

If anyone wants it, just PM me your e-mail addy, we'll do it that way and see what happens. most likely they have some software on the site that applys the coupon code to your account, to track who uses it
Old 02-12-2008, 07:00 PM
PerlAddict
Community Moderator

I don't think that's how it works. That's not an exclusive use code ... it's just one that only works for accounts that have been flagged as not buying anything for a while, and the code was automatically sent out to all of them.

Anyone who hasn't bought something from Tower in a while can probably use it. I bought something last week, so that particular code is no good for me.

That code was already listed on RetailMeNot.com when I looked yesterday, and there are 12 new codes that have been listed since then. Tower churns out coupon codes like nobody's business - I always check there and try a few of the codes before I check out to see if any are valid for my account. I just don't like to order very often because it's $9 for shipping, even if you only want a couple of little props or something.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:54 PM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

here, let me give you five bucks...

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/404-5off.htm.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:12 PM
PerlAddict
Community Moderator

Argh!

The "I'm not spending money, I'm saving money!" argument isn't going to fly much more at our house at this rate ...

Thanks, Fred. I ALMOST ordered $30 worth of stuff from H-L's website yesterday, so I'll keep that one in my back pocket until I order this Friday.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:18 PM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

Originally Posted by PerlAddict View Post
Argh!

The "I'm not spending money, I'm saving money!" argument isn't going to fly much more at our house at this rate ...

Thanks, Fred. I ALMOST ordered $30 worth of stuff from H-L's website yesterday, so I'll keep that one in my back pocket until I order this Friday.
If it works for her, why not you?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:05 PM
PerlAddict
Community Moderator

Probably because she pays the house note and I buy all the toys.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:15 PM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

oh, well, there could be that...
Old 02-12-2008, 11:31 PM
ParkJetsFlyer

Just keep repeating "No honey, that's not new" and make sure that things are cluttered just enough so that she can't get a accurate count of your kits but not messy enough to draw un-due attention thanks for the site.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Pinecone

AFAIK they just flag each account with the valid codes for that account. So only works if you get the email.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:11 AM
PerlAddict
Community Moderator

I would think it happens that way, too, though I don't always get the emails (junk mail filter might be to blame sometimes, I suppose). They had $20 off $150 code the other week (posted on their front page). I went and found a $25 off $150 code on RetailMeNot, tried it, and it worked. RMN is kind of nice, too, because folks click on whether or not codes worked for them so you can see which ones have a better shot.

And heya, Terry! I didn't realize you posted over here. Glad to see you joined up - your posts have been helpful over at RCG.

Edit: Just tried a code from there that wasn't in my mail or spam box (011xy), and it got me $10 off $50, which is basically free shipping plus a buck extra. So I got the four props I needed, and then I got a GWS A-10 slope glider kit because it saved me $10. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

Last edited by PerlAddict; 02-13-2008 at 01:39 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:26 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

I like it Tom! Look forward to seeing it at SEFF!

Heck I'll even help ya fly it if you want me too! I have a fairly good record with EDF's at SEFF.... 0 for 1!
Old 02-13-2008, 01:59 AM
herk_1
Trash Hauler emeritus

I just gave the missus advance notice on this. For that much cash, I need to start working on getting permission pretty far in advance...(and knowing Horizon, it'll probably be at least 3 months after the initial estimated availability date before it's really available).
Old 02-13-2008, 02:51 AM
PerlAddict
Community Moderator

See if you can find a $5 off coupon. That ought to sway her. lol.

Nice lookin' plane!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:44 AM
ParkJetsFlyer

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
I like it Tom! Look forward to seeing it at SEFF!

Heck I'll even help ya fly it if you want me too! I have a fairly good record with EDF's at SEFF.... 0 for 1!
I'll take you up on that, I still have knock knee syndrome and at my size, well... lets just say that's not a pretty sight probably measures on the Richter scale ROFL .
Old 02-13-2008, 03:47 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by ParkJetsFlyer View Post
I'll take you up on that, I still have knock knee syndrome and at my size, well... lets just say that's not a pretty sight probably measures on the Richter scale ROFL .

LOL... I can relate Bud!
Old 02-16-2008, 06:43 AM
ParkJetsFlyer

Smile

She was delivered today i'll start working on it this weekend.

"The Last Scooter" now on display in the USS Hornet
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	158137g.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	55928  
Old 02-16-2008, 07:32 AM
PerlAddict
Community Moderator

Sweet! The nose looks a lot slimmer in that pic than what I feel like I've seen in others. Is that a variant, or just the angle of the photo?

Quick Reply: GWS A4 Skyhawk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10709 seconds with 14 queries