Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Stolen 40% airplane

Old 06-03-2009, 08:03 AM
VamPower
Urban R/C

Default Stolen 40% airplane

Hi All,

Ok, this isn't an electric plane, but thought a little cross over might be ok in this case.

I recently had my trailer stolen, which included my 40% Jason Schulman Fiberclasics Extra 330. This was actually Jasons airplane at one point and still has his name on the side. It has a DA-150, all JR 8611's except rudder which has Futaba 5050s.

I don't expect the trailer to show up here, but just incase it does, it is a Gray 2004 Haulmark, 7 x 14 V Nose. 2 distinguishing features are the passenger side fender has a dent in the front like it hit something and the vent in the top blew off so it was replaced by a plywood box.

It is not likely the person who stole the trailer knew there was anything inside, so they probably do not know anything about these airplanes.

If anyone has any information please contact me at 850-472-0610 or [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	088_50.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	102465  
Old 06-03-2009, 01:15 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Man that sucks, I hate a D#^&# thief...

I'll keep my eyes open and pray at least some of your stuff turns up and they catch the bad guy(s).
Old 06-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

Something like that WILL turn up. Crooks have no need for it, so they will want to turn it into cash.

Watch your local CraigsList ads, as well as Ebay. Also, make a flyer and take it to the local pawn shops in your area.

I was able to help a friend recover something similar as we found it in a craigs list ad. When we showed up with the police, lets say that we got the items back, and the perp got a free breakfast and a place to sleep at the grey bar motel.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:41 PM
constantCrash
prefectionist

are you a member of AMA? I'm really curious if they will pay on the insurance.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:58 PM
VamPower
Urban R/C

Originally Posted by constantCrash View Post
are you a member of AMA? I'm really curious if they will pay on the insurance.
I am, and just yesterday someone reminded me AMA offered I think $1,000 insurance on that. I will keep you posted how that goes. 21 years in AMA and never thought about filing a claim before.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Voltron

I would suggest that you contact all of the hobby shops and RC Clubs in your area. The thief might try to sell it at a hobby shop or try to find someone to sell it to thru them. The guy who used to own our local hobby shop called the cops on a guy that brought in an RC aircraft and accessories to sell. The guy trying to sell it obviously new nothing about what he was trying to sell. As it turned out, the plane and accessories had been stolen and the scumbag was brought to justice. A high end aircraft like yours should have a good chance of being found if you can get enough people keeping an eye out for it.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Octavius
Alien Surfer

That sucks and I hope you get it back. As a veteran motor-sport racer I can tell you that if you don't want your stuff stolen: 1) You bring anything you'd like to keep into your hotel/motel (tools, moto-x bikes, gear, etc). 2) One person gets to sleep in the truck/trailer. There is no reason to ever think your stuff is safe in the trailer by itself. I'm sure you know this now. No that's not a dig, I had a trailer with 2 moto-x bikes stolen back in the 80's. Somebody told me the same thing.