Delta & Flying Wings Discuss electric powered delta (flying wing) style aircraft here.

Thunder Tiger Velocity???

Old 08-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Pyrock

Default Thunder Tiger Velocity???

Does anyone have any experience with these wings? I'm looking for a potential replacement for my Projeti and this looks awfully slimilar to the Projeti only the stabilizers are on the ends. How would it hold up to a Mega 16/15/4 and TP 3-cell 2100 brushless setup?

http://www.ehobbies.com/ttr4319.html
Old 08-19-2005, 07:27 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

Default Cool

Looks cool, it also looks like it would need a layer of fiber glass. Those wings look thin. I wonder if it has spars?

CTD
Originally Posted by Pyrock
Does anyone have any experience with these wings? I'm looking for a potential replacement for my Projeti and this looks awfully slimilar to the Projeti only the stabilizers are on the ends. How would it hold up to a Mega 16/15/4 and TP 3-cell 2100 brushless setup?

http://www.ehobbies.com/ttr4319.html
Old 08-19-2005, 07:39 AM
Pyrock

Spars would be easy enough or even covering it or both.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:58 PM
RickAvery

It does not have any spars. I saw where one fellow at RCG built one up with a brushless set up and after many flights, he folded the wing at one of the roots. I've inlayed a piece of CF in the bottom of mine almost from tip to tip. It did stiffen it up a bunch. The foam is a very fine grained EPS, but dents and scratches very eaisly. I think taping or glassing would add a lot of strength, but also a lot of weight. I'm going to paint mine with some tape on the leading edges. I may be able to ger her in the air this weekend.
Rick
Old 09-09-2005, 05:41 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

Default Glassing

I just glassed a F-16 Ultrafly with 3/4 oz. cloth and Min Wax. I didn't add much weight and it is very fast. For the little weight that it adds, our powerful brushless motors are up to the task. As a matter of fact, I'm proping up from a 6X4 to a 7X5E. Its not as fast but still fast very fast.

So what I'm saying is go glass something! It makes it way stiffer. I also glassed my Stryker and love it.

CTD