Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Banana hobby mx2

Old 04-12-2011, 01:53 AM
skystreaker

Default Banana hobby mx2

Just ordered my first "E powered" plane, a Banana Hobby's MX2 with their 2.4 radio. Couple of questions....... It uses a 14.8V 4S 25C 3200mAh battery, and like i said BH's 2.4 radio. First has anyone used this radio and is it ok ( i know it's not a Futaba, or JR but is it ok) and second. What does the battery info mean? I need some E-power help, lol
Old 04-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Rockin Robbins
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by skystreaker View Post
It uses a 14.8V 4S 25C 3200mAh battery
Well I can help you out on the battery end. 4S tells you this is a 4 cell battery with the cells connected in series, which adds the individual cell voltages of 3.7 volts apiece to get the total 14.8 volts.

3200mAh is 3200 milliamp hours of capacity. This tells you how long you can draw power from the battery, the larger the capacity the larger your "gas tank." 3200mAh is a pretty good sized battery.

The other number is the C rating, which tells you how fast you can drain your battery. A 25C rating will mean that you can multiply your 3.2Ah capacity by 25 and your maximum load the battery can constantly handle is 80 amps. Batteries have a sustained load C rating and a burst mode (usually 15 seconds) rating. A 25C battery might have a 30C burst C rating specified for a maximum of 15 seconds at a time.

When a number is missing from an advertisement about the battery that sometimes means that the missing number, if published, might send you elsewhere to purchase the battery and they're hoping you don't know enough to find out what they don't want you to know. When you're buying a good battery the numbers are right there for you to know! I've noticed that the most common missing number is the C rating, which bears directly on the price of the pack. Within the same line of batteries, higher C ratings usually cost more.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:49 PM
zzlentz

Just ordered my first "E powered" plane, a Banana Hobby's MX2 with their 2.4 radio. Couple of questions....... It uses a 14.8V 4S 25C 3200mAh battery, and like i said BH's 2.4 radio. First has anyone used this radio and is it ok ( i know it's not a Futaba, or JR but is it ok) and second. What does the battery info mean? I need some E-power help, lol
I am interested in hearing about yor dealings with Banana Hobby.
I have heard a lot of nasty things about them.Just talk?
Old 04-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by zzlentz View Post
I am interested in hearing about yor dealings with Banana Hobby.
I have heard a lot of nasty things about them.Just talk?
They have the worst service of all RC sites on the web,, look it up,
If your look'in the stuff they have you can get lots of places that won't screw you, bubsteve
Old 04-13-2011, 06:03 PM
zzlentz

Originally Posted by stevecooper View Post
They have the worst service of all RC sites on the web,, look it up,
If your look'in the stuff they have you can get lots of places that won't screw you, bubsteve
So far I only deal with Hobby Zone and Nitroplanes.Never a bad moment.
Didn't mean to skyjack thread.....Sorry
Old 04-13-2011, 06:09 PM
RCFlyer44

So far I only deal with Hobby Zone and Nitroplanes.Never a bad moment.
Didn't mean to skyjack thread.....Sorry
I have dealt them as well and no problems and Horizon Hobby has the service I have dealt with by far, sent me out a new receiver before I even sent the bad one back. I deal with them a lot now simply because of that.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Bald Paul

I've read the online reviews of Banana Hobby. I did purchase a plane from them. The included FM radio was 27MHz, and it was cheap. I upgraded the receiver and used my own radio. I did order some replacement props (they will shatter if you look at them funny) and no problems so far.
I think if you are purchasing something from them, they are okay. But, if you have a problem with what you've purchased, their service record is horrible.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:41 AM
skystreaker

Well i do see a lot of complaints about BH but
.... from looking at things from the service side people are WAY more eager to complain about something than compliment. When was the last time you ordered something, used it, got on a site and said how great it was as compared to getting something and complaining about it? I looked at a snowmobile site and if you went by the complaints compared to the praise's they would all be out of business. My plane should arrive on the 21st, when it does i'll post some photos and do a little review. Who knows it might be great OR it could be junk. I guess we could all do that and weed out the bad products AND acknowledge the good ones.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Rockin Robbins
Super Contributor

Love it! The sense of adventure. It's not like you're risking your life's savings there. Standing by for results!
Old 04-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Azarr
Electric Junkie

FWIW, i've heard all the stuff about Banana Hobby, but decided to take a chance anyway, wanted something I couldn't find elsewhere. Ordered two planes on the 12th. Haven't even received a ship notice yet. Same day ordered from two other vendors. One showed up Sat and the other is scheduled for delivery today.

Azarr
Old 04-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Well i do see a lot of complaints about BH but
.... from looking at things from the service side people are WAY more eager to complain about something than compliment. When was the last time you ordered something, used it, got on a site and said how great it was as compared to getting something and complaining about it? I looked at a snowmobile site and if you went by the complaints compared to the praise's they would all be out of business. My plane should arrive on the 21st, when it does i'll post some photos and do a little review. Who knows it might be great OR it could be junk. I guess we could all do that and weed out the bad products AND acknowledge the good ones.
By far the WORST RC store IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The "way more eager" ones got ripped-off, lied to,ignored, ,,,their true sum-bags that have even put ringers on site's to hype their CRAP,
I don't think your one of those but a RC'er who wants to give them a break and try them,, I hope you do have a good ex, with your plane and wish you no ill will at all, Google them for 100.000 pages of bad post and complants to the BBB, and the like,,good luck with your plane an Banana-ramma,bubsteve
Old 04-21-2011, 06:12 AM
skystreaker

Well im on the road but checked the UPS tracking and it says plane will be at the house tommorow when I get home, doubt my honey will have it put together for me. I ordered on the 12th, got the conformation & shipping info on the 13th and UPS says it will be on time. So far so good. Now as long as I dont open a box of junk..... Let ya know on Friday.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:33 AM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Well im on the road but checked the UPS tracking and it says plane will be at the house tommorow when I get home, doubt my honey will have it put together for me. I ordered on the 12th, got the conformation & shipping info on the 13th and UPS says it will be on time. So far so good. Now as long as I dont open a box of junk..... Let ya know on Friday.
sounds good
do keep us posted on how she does,,
I've been hope'in theyed strait'in up and do right as they got some eye-popper's there that look cool, bubsteve
Old 04-22-2011, 01:16 PM
skystreaker

Got home at 3am and did not find my plane and thought.... Those guy's were right about BH. Then found out my honey hid it so i would go to bed ! Started out a negative but ended up a positive ! Opened box this am and every thing looks good. Will take some photos and post later. John
Old 04-22-2011, 02:23 PM
constantCrash
prefectionist

I hope your not a Beginner. And please take and post LOTS of pictures.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

so glad here's there! Like CC said ,PIXS PLEASE! bubsteve
Old 05-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Hoot48
Noob old fart

Sooooooooooo?

What happened?
Old 05-17-2011, 05:39 AM
skystreaker

so plane arrived right on time. Opened the box and everything seamed to be there so I set it aside as I was super busy. This last friday morning I grabbed the box and started putting it together. I did take some photos and when I get back home I'll post them. The plane went together quickly and with only one problem. One of the clevis was stripped. I glued and it should be fine. The directions are a little week but even if you never built before you could figure it out. There was no directions on how to bind the radio but I found a great video by the bannana hobby guy on line. The plane is really nice for only $275 with radio and shipping. If weather is good when I get back I'll do a range test with the radio and a flight or two. But I have to say BH has been good so far.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:47 AM
zzlentz

Maybe after reading reviews they decided to clean their act up before loss of too many sales.I would still be too skeptical of them.One good sale out of a hundred isn't good.
But even a blind Hog will find an acorn every now and again.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:23 AM
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Hi
Even though the thread is not about Banana Hobby and Pete per se, but about the aircraft i feel compelled to post this
Ive bought numerous items, helis and a few planes from them and have had no issues with them
As was stated above most people do not rave about how good an item or service is, they are few and far between, but when something goes amiss they surely do go on about that
Take care
Yours Hank
Old 05-17-2011, 02:38 PM
zzlentz

Originally Posted by kenchiroalpha View Post
Hi
Even though the thread is not about Banana Hobby and Pete per se, but about the aircraft i feel compelled to post this
Ive bought numerous items, helis and a few planes from them and have had no issues with them
As was stated above most people do not rave about how good an item or service is, they are few and far between, but when something goes amiss they surely do go on about that
Take care
Yours Hank
But still,all those people can't be lying.And what gets me is "List price $500.00.our price $79.00".
Old 05-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Rockin Robbins
Super Contributor

You forgot the asterisk. It's "list price $500.00, our price $79.00*!!"

Oh, and the asterisk leads nowhere...
Old 05-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Wrongway-Feldman

But still,all those people can't be lying.And what gets me is "List price $500.00.our price $79.00".
That's an old school marketing ploy. Many moons ago I managed a retail clothing store. The leather jackets we sold came with a price label that said $599 that had a sale sticker already applied that said $199. They were permanently " on sale ".
Cheap furniture stores still use this approach as everything is always on sale. Except the sale price is the regular price, they just don't tell you that part.
The higher price is what it would cost if you bought the airframe and installed the most expensive electronics on the market and supplied a higher end radio an receiver.
Its not exactly lying, but it ain't really the truth either.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:17 PM
zzlentz

Thanks Gohmer
Old 05-17-2011, 06:18 PM
flydiver
Super Contributor

Don't forget that ALL their planes are 'crash resistant', have GOBS of power, AND are suitable for EVERYONE from beginner TO expert.

BH has the best marketing in RC and the worst follow through. They obviously don't 'FU' all the time or they'd be out of business but they seem to do so with some regularity and enough to make permanent enemies. I think they rely on cheap purchases from new fliers rather than a steady returning clientele.

Quick Reply: Banana hobby mx2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.12335 seconds with 12 queries