Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Don't ever buy anything from Banana Hobby

Old 09-14-2011, 07:08 PM
DrDave

Default Don't ever buy anything from Banana Hobby

Too all newbies and seasoned pilots alike. Don't buy anything from Banana Hobby. Their prices may look good but their customer service does not exist. I am new to this hobby and bought a electric trainer 2 months ago which I have yet to fly. The transmitter I received with this unit is for a delta wing plane. I had told them this problem and wanted an exchange. But they did not respond to my request for exchange. When I finally did get a hold of them they asked that I send them a pic of the controller. Without that they can't do anything. Well I did sent the pic and then I had to hassle them for a RMA number. Got a number then sent the unit back shipping on me to the company 2 weeks ago. Never got a email saying that they received it. I got on customer support saying that the RMA department will get back to me. That was 5 days ago. After having this problem, I have found that I am not the only one. So many more serious complaints against this company can be found on the Web. Don't buy from this company! However I found Nitroplanes.com to be very reputable and their customer service is very good.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:36 AM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

your Right,, they suck for service,,, are you sure the TX you have can't be changed over to normal settings??I've never seen one that didn't,, look inside the battery compartment and see if theres a switch that works the "Mix" V-tail-norm-elevon,,,,,,look at where the reverse throw switch's are,, It may be there,,,,Post the pixs you sent them Too!! bubsteve