UAV / FPV Forum to talk about UAV / FPV electric R/C flight.

HD Head Tracking

Old 03-20-2022, 07:31 AM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Default HD Head Tracking

Head Tracking is making a come back especially with the DJI HD System. So I had to try it out for myself.
I added a system to my eflite Habu. I was unable to use a spektrum receiver for all kinds of reasons so I am using my FfSky GR8 receiver and my tarannis. WOW this is going to be a kick in the pants. On this flight I was not the pilot but only the rider, I wanted to test the Head Tracking system while someone else ensured that the Habu was in trim and CG was correct and here is the results enjoy.

A few things I noticed during the flight was that the tracker was very quick. IN other words barely moved my head and it was zipping across the screen so I may try adding some expo in and see if may I can slow it down a bit,
Old 03-27-2022, 04:15 AM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

A quick test of the head tracking system on the Eflite Habu. This time I actually flew the planeI. What a blast. I had newer flown an EDF FPV before let alone head tracking to top of it all. So I admit I was scared stiff. It was hard to remember that I could look around because I am used to having to keep my head straight. Can you tell? ha ha ha ha. Landings definitely need some work especially the Habu because it loves to "porpose". This is going to be fun.

Old 06-27-2022, 06:31 AM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Yesterday I got a chance to get out to the club filed to fly my Habu FPV with Head Tracking. Was a usual good flight with no issues but I have always needed some coaching to land the Habu FPV yesterday I can clearly say I did it with out any coaching.
Enjoy

Old 06-29-2022, 07:42 PM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Really cool, Fish