Go Back  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Reload this Page >

*Updated* Beware of ordering batteries from AmondoTech.com--they don't take returns

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

*Updated* Beware of ordering batteries from AmondoTech.com--they don't take returns

Old 06-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Rugar
FAA# OUTLAW!

Were you ever able to get ahold of anyone from Amondo Tech?
Old 06-28-2006, 11:08 PM
watt_the?!
Super Contributor

is there a fair trading and consumer advocate group in the US?

we have a body here that despite any ''policy'' or disclaimer that you may have, has the power to overrule you and enforce the federal law wrt running a business/company.

then theres the treaties with OS countries.

basically we cant sell anything defective or DOA and must provide the product in return for the payment, or refund the payment- basic contract law.

we have ''reasonable'' durations applied using common sense. i.e. if a retailer makes a statement that they will only accept 10 days return etc, and it arrives at 11 days, or isnt used for the first 10 days, and then when used, say at 20 days- they make a judgement as to what is fair and reasonable.

so basically retailers here can write anything- fact is, they are governed by our trading laws and face fines and even jail if they do not abide by them.

its amazing how many peeps really dont know this, consumers and retailers alike.

surely the US and other countries have this?

Tim
Old 06-29-2006, 12:09 PM
kulgan

Originally Posted by Rugar View Post
Were you ever able to get ahold of anyone from Amondo Tech?
No reply either through their message service or here at WattFlyer. If they are getting free ads for being "represented" or whatever it is I think that they should be cut off.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Matt Kirsch
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by watt_the?! View Post
is there a fair trading and consumer advocate group in the US?
surely the US and other countries have this?
Tim,

We may have such laws in our country, but if we do, they aren't enforced. My guess is that we don't, and the company policies are considered a binding contract in a court of law. Unless you can prove that the company intended to defraud you, there's absolutely nothing that can be done.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Originally Posted by watt_the?! View Post
so basically retailers here can write anything- fact is, they are governed by our trading laws and face fines and even jail if they do not abide by them.
Tim
That's what I was saying. I don't pay homage to business policies, as if they're written in stone. If they want to play harda**, then we have the forums.

Kulgan stated he is only out 12 bucks, but its the principle that matters. In terms of the principle of this, we'll go...

back to my original statements, probably the best rule to follow, is to buy from firms, where we KNOW THEIR POLICIES, and more importantly, how they've handled things, regardless of stupid policies. That said, I buy rc stuff from people in the rc business. Maybe some battery company has good deals, but I'll stick to an rc products company.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:10 PM
watt_the?!
Super Contributor

i love contract law. policies are a unique little thing that people write to advise of practices. They dont actually have any bearing on the law, and dont exclude or include clauses imposed by the country and/or state/territory's legal system.

if, and only if, a customer is made explicitly aware of a policy prior to purchase, then it is arguable that a policy MAY apply. This MAY include prominent signage but certainly would include a signed acknowledgement.

You can argue that, if you are not aware of these policies, then you have not accepted the contract under those terms. Simply purchasing the item is a contract that you agree to pay an amount for the product.

Ya'll are right though, enforcing them is a different matter altogether. We have other things like fair practice and right to compete etc that go largely unenforced. This prevents more powerful retailers from buying in large quantities or buying a line for no profit in an attempt to drive that line out of the competitior's range.

This is highly illegal, but we see it occur often.

it is the principle though...mainly morally and ethically. But we each have our own expectations and standards for them as well.

Tim
Old 07-14-2006, 09:03 PM
AmondoTech

Default Battery Issues

I have not logged into this forum for a while. Didn't see this issue until the administrator pointed out a few minutes ago.

If you have issues with your order, send me emails directly at [email protected].

Our phone number is 408-747-1123

I will do my best to serve you and take care of your needs.

Regards,
Wayne
www.amondotech.com
Old 07-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Rugar
FAA# OUTLAW!

Originally Posted by AmondoTech View Post
I have not logged into this forum for a while. Didn't see this issue until the administrator pointed out a few minutes ago.

If you have issues with your order, send me emails directly at [email protected].

Regards,
Wayne
www.amondotech.com
Thanks for posting Wayne.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Regards,
Wayne
www.amondotech.com
Stop by now and then. There's a lot more fun going on here, besides just the free advertising service.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:45 PM
kulgan

Default Update on DOA batteries

I heard from Wayne at Amondo about a week ago and I received replacement batteries today. I didn't have to send the bad ones back and he replaced the generic 1000Mah's I got with Kan 1050's.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:08 AM
cosmic1

A month for any response!!! They can have a 1 cent sale and I would still not purchase from them!!!!
Old 07-21-2006, 12:56 AM
ForestCam
Bad Influence

Originally Posted by cosmic1 View Post
A month for any response!!! They can have a 1 cent sale and I would still not purchase from them!!!!
I still say less then a minute on the phone could have had the entire situation resolved a month ago.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:14 AM
wblyons

Default BUYER BEWARE! Amondotech are not reputable company!

I ordered four tabbed AAA batteries on AmondoTechs online sales site and they sent untabbed batteries . Never responded to email messages .
These people are rip-off artists.
WB Lyons
Old 07-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Unbalanced prop
Watt, No fuel?

I also had a very bad experience with them a few months ago. I ordered a charger and twelve AA nimh batteries. One of the batteries was stone dead and a couple more wouldn't even come close to their rated capacity. I called them and got an RA to return the defective items. I sent them back and never received new batteries or a refund. I just chalked it up to a learning experience with a very bad vendor that will NEVER get my business again. There are plenty of good vendors out there that will stand behind their products.

Doug
Old 07-24-2007, 03:35 AM
schmitage

Regards,
Wayne
www.amondotech.com
Wayne, why have email addresses and phone #s if you never answer and/or if you continuous hang-up on customers?

5 emails, no answer. 5 phone messages left, no return calls. Now when we call, someone picks up the phone and hangs it up right away. What a joke.
We didn't receive our correct order. We've been trying to call for the last few days, no answer at all. Tried quite a few times today throughout the day, not a single answer ("please leave a message after the tone", which basically means "you my as well hangup since we won't call you back"). We experienced about 10 literal hangups (they answer the phone and then set the handset down). Who's running this business, a bunch of kids?

Also, do a search on the California Better Business Bureau. They have a habit of not responding to consumer complaints as well. See here: http://search.bbb.org/Results.aspx?n...add=&c=&st=&z=

I'll give him another few days to make this right and to at least call or email back. Otherwise, I will make it my sole mission for the next couple of weeks to hit up the BBBs of both of our states, the Attorney Generals, PayPal and every single instance that his site comes up in a google search and every forum I come across. I will do my best to make sure as much information as possible is out there on the web in order to warn other consumers.

Some other links that will be useful for those in the same boat:
http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general.php
http://www.dca.ca.gov/consumer/complaints.shtml
https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx
http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/cmplanding.shtm
http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/

If he completely steals from you, contact his local law enforcement: http://sunnyvale.ca.gov/Departments/...Safety/Police/ (They may refer you to the FBI since it is cross state fraud?)

I'll follow-up here as the days go on so everyone is in the know.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:26 PM
schmitage

Left another message and shot off another email..
Old 07-26-2007, 02:17 PM
schmitage

Well, after around a dozen emails and 50+ attempts at contacting them via the phone, we finally got an emailed response. We're not out of the woods yet. We've returned the item and we are waiting for its replacement before making a final call on this company. More to follow..
Old 08-08-2007, 02:14 AM
schmitage

A replacement was received. We'll NEVER do business again with this company. I highly recommend you do a google search for this business before you make a purchase. There is nothing but bad reviews out there on him.