Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

AirField RC warbirds?

Old 12-02-2011, 05:31 AM
lou1984

Hi Phil you will love the corsair !! The A10 is the one that was on Hobby King , its an incredible value at around $119 and will just keep flying .
I had mine for two years , pushed it to the limits , crashed it a ton , glued it and it would just keep flying
Old 12-10-2011, 06:32 AM
TheBum
Still in training

I decided to get the 1400mm Airfield A6M Zero ARF from Nitroplanes. It arrived earlier this week. I'm waiting to open it until Christmas, but from what I've been able to gather from the 'Net, I expect to be quite pleased with it. This will be my second airplane overall and my first foamy.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:45 AM
kikaida01

TheBum and Lou,
Yep, I crashed the Parkzone T-28 but put it back together.. I didn't pay attention to detail and didn't mount the battery correctly.. The plane veered to the left on take off.. . I bought some velcro attachments to rig a battery holder.. and put the front-end back on and it stil looks okay except for the fracture/ suture line.. at the front..
"a frankenstein Trojan" it is.. but that's okay..
Yep, the Corsair from Airfield arrived and it looks good even if not put together.. will try to get it done..
I thought of the Zero.. it got some good reviews. but for nostalgia sake.. I got the Corsair.. the next will be the P-51.. that is a nice plane..
I got to put to Airfield.. though they make nice planes even if it is Foam..
got any tips on changing the Propellar I do anticipate accidents.. .. the plane looks like it should be decorated all the time..

Take care,
Phil
Old 12-10-2011, 11:32 AM
lou1984

Phil , all warbirds will torque left on take off . Its a fine balance when taking off and you have to ignore human nature to simply keep the rudder straight. See as the prop turns its its creates torque , in order to keep the planes straight you need gentle right rudder on take off to keep the plane straight , typically you are safe doing this until you have gained good air speed and your plane has lifted off and flying safely .
Rudder is key on take offs , alerons are typically ineffective at low speeds and uselss while on the ground for torque roll control
Old 12-11-2011, 12:02 AM
kikaida01

Thanks Lou,
I'll never forget the advice... right rudder.. on take off.
got it!
Mahalo,
Phil
Old 12-11-2011, 01:39 AM
Brick
small Member

Originally Posted by lou1984 View Post
Phil , all warbirds will torque left on take off . Its a fine balance when taking off and you have to ignore human nature to simply keep the rudder straight. See as the prop turns its its creates torque , in order to keep the planes straight you need gentle right rudder on take off to keep the plane straight , typically you are safe doing this until you have gained good air speed and your plane has lifted off and flying safely .
Rudder is key on take offs , alerons are typically ineffective at low speeds and uselss while on the ground for torque roll control
awesome tip !
Old 12-11-2011, 03:47 AM
lou1984

Thanks guys just trying to help , when I started flying fuel planes I would take practice runs and you can see just how much rudder is needed . I never went full throttle but you can get the idea at even half throttle.
I was amazed at how much the plane wants to torque left on take off .
Old 12-11-2011, 06:34 AM
TheBum
Still in training

Don't the motor mounts have an angular offset to counter the torque? I saw a lot of talk of this on RC Groups and how some models were assembled with the motor mount turned the wrong way.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:41 PM
lou1984

yes , but not enought , every warbird that is built properly from kits to scratch built to a properly designed arf have built in right thrust , but still not enought to counter torque , but great question none the less.
And yes , many planes are assembled with the torque the wrong way , you can still fly them but there a handful
Old 12-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Capt Easy
Super Contributor

Default P-51D 1450mm

I just found the 6CH Airfield silver P-51D kit on sale from Nitroplanes.
The ad on the website states it has the latest upgrades to canopy, landing gear, flaps and LED's but it was less exspensive than the 5CH. I assume it's the latest version but I'm confused. Sure seemed like a good deal especially with an added 6% off.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a333-14...act-flap.htmld.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:21 PM
TheBum
Still in training

Originally Posted by Capt Easy View Post
I just found the 6CH Airfield silver P-51D kit on sale from Nitroplanes.
The ad on the website states it has the latest upgrades to canopy, landing gear, flaps and LED's but it was less exspensive than the 5CH. I assume it's the latest version but I'm confused. Sure seemed like a good deal especially with an added 6% off.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a333-14...act-flap.htmld.
My guess is that the 5CH ones are no longer in production. Note that all of the 5CH are out of stock. The 6CH ones are also on sale whereas the 5CH ones are listed at their regular price.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Capt Easy
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
My guess is that the 5CH ones are no longer in production. Note that all of the 5CH are out of stock. The 6CH ones are also on sale whereas the 5CH ones are listed at their regular price.
The website pages I referred to indicate both are available but if you notice the more expensive one apparently doesn't have flaps...I just think it's strange to pay $30.00 more for something that doesn't have that extra feature.

edit: my former post didn't have the proper link to describe what I meant -

http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a333-14...-eretract.html

http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a333-14...ract-flap.html

Best ,
ce
Old 12-12-2011, 10:16 PM
TheBum
Still in training

I was just looking at the ARF versions. None of the 5-channel ARFs are in stock but the 6-channel ones are. Maybe the 5-channel Kits are just leftovers. You'd think they'd want to lower the price to get rid of them if that was the case.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:46 AM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

These are the new V2 airplanes from what I have been reading they have better detail and more functions. From what I understand these are the same as FMS also.
I saw the mustang with the red in person at a auction a few weeks ago must say it is real sweet looking. I am still kicking myself for not bidding on it. Winning bid was 90 bucks and the owner let it go.
To ROG you need to fly off a well manicured field, or paved he was having problems with it nosing over on taxi and landing other than that he loved the way it flew and the size.
I find myself looking at the Stang and the P-47 way to much only a matter of time before my finger slips and I hits the buy button. Ya I know I have a problem no need to say it.
Wish they made the A1 skyraider in the 1400 mm size there would be no holding me back on buying it.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:06 AM
Capt Easy
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by gramps2161 View Post
These are the new V2 airplanes from what I have been reading they have better detail and more functions. From what I understand these are the same as FMS also.
I saw the mustang with the red in person at a auction a few weeks ago must say it is real sweet looking. I am still kicking myself for not bidding on it. Winning bid was 90 bucks and the owner let it go.
To ROG you need to fly off a well manicured field, or paved he was having problems with it nosing over on taxi and landing other than that he loved the way it flew and the size.
I find myself looking at the Stang and the P-47 way to much only a matter of time before my finger slips and I hits the buy button. Ya I know I have a problem no need to say it.
Wish they made the A1 skyraider in the 1400 mm size there would be no holding me back on buying it.
The P-51D I bought is the kit version. I'm told it is V6 since it has all the latest upgrades including retract tailwheel, more fwd main gear - to prevent nose overs, flaps and LED's and better pilot figure.

A 1400mm Skyraider would be hard not to get if they had it. They may still add it though. They seem to listen to customer comments and I'm sure there's a lot of others that would like to see one. I have a feeling it would be a great flying platform....
ce
Old 12-14-2011, 04:56 AM
Capt Easy
Super Contributor

Here you go.....it's available in camo or gray paint.

FYI This guy (Philip) is really consistantly good to deal with

http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id/2349
Old 12-14-2011, 07:56 PM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

Ugh! Why do they always fail with the pilot size? That Skyraider you linked looked like a scale model of a 1/4 scale Skyraider, the way that pilot figure is shoehorned in there! Very cool otherwise.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Capt Easy
Super Contributor

Default Skyraider Pilot - "Husky"

Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
Ugh! Why do they always fail with the pilot size? That Skyraider you linked looked like a scale model of a 1/4 scale Skyraider, the way that pilot figure is shoehorned in there! Very cool otherwise.
I aggree the Skyraider pilot looks like his call sign should be "HUSKEY".

But they're all terrible on most arfs. I don't expect anything better anymore. It's interesting how the mfr's consider they're worth including.

I really like "Pete's Pilot's" on eBay. They're inexspensive but they come unpainted ...the example is a 1:8 scale RAF pilot but he offers several.

ce
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	flight_log_11_feb_2011 036.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	155529   Click image for larger version

Name:	spitfire.mk.v.4-1-11 019.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	155530   Click image for larger version

Name:	flight_log_11_feb_2011 031.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	155534  
Old 12-14-2011, 10:36 PM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

Those are really nice, Capt. I know they're just arf's so I'm not expecting museum quality. Just wish they'd get the size close. I just picked up a used FMS 1400mm Mustang, and the pilot's the first thing on my non-essential for flight things to do. Other than that, I'm really wow'ed with what FMS is doing with their warbirds. The blue-nose P-51 I got, with that beautiful 4 bladed prop, makes me stop and sigh each time I walk through the garage! Sad, huh?
Old 12-14-2011, 11:33 PM
Capt Easy
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
Those are really nice, Capt. I know they're just arf's so I'm not expecting museum quality. Just wish they'd get the size close. I just picked up a used FMS 1400mm Mustang, and the pilot's the first thing on my non-essential for flight things to do. Other than that, I'm really wow'ed with what FMS is doing with their warbirds. The blue-nose P-51 I got, with that beautiful 4 bladed prop, makes me stop and sigh each time I walk through the garage! Sad, huh?
Thanks, I don 't really expect that much but I am surprised how bad some of these pilots look no to mention the scale.
From what I've seen so far and read, Airfield must be making a big impression. I've not been that excited about foam but they definately have my attention now. The Silver P-51D, Shangri-La is scheduled to arv here Thursday and I'm excited about what it has to offer since they made so many upgrades on the V6. I have the 1430mm Corsair and really like it despite the landing gear giving me fits, it looks and flies great.
I sure know what yo mean when you walk through the garage....I don't know what it is but I get the same feeling.

Later...
Old 12-15-2011, 01:05 AM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Capt Easy View Post
Here you go.....it's available in camo or gray paint.

FYI This guy (Philip) is really consistantly good to deal with

http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id/2349
Well I nearly fell out of my seat when I saw the price I didn't even get as far as seeing what the shipping was going to add to it. Sure that was going to be high to.
Thanks for the link something to think about if NP doesnt come out with one.
You think the pilot is bad with that plane you should see the one that came with a arf I bought looks like a 3 year old picked it out. P-47 with a civilian pilot at the controls with a bright red flight helmet and sunglasses
Old 12-15-2011, 01:22 AM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Yikes 300.00 dollars for a total cost to ship this. I think this will be staying over seas to much money for me.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:45 AM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

I had this in my email today GeneralHobby is carrying the A1 sky raider.
I think Santa is bring one for me.
http://www.generalhobby.com/skyraide...rbep1rtljca0m2
Old 12-22-2011, 03:52 AM
Brick
small Member

Originally Posted by gramps2161 View Post
I had this in my email today GeneralHobby is carrying the A1 sky raider.
I think Santa is bring one for me.
http://www.generalhobby.com/skyraide...rbep1rtljca0m2

man, i like that !
Old 12-28-2011, 08:41 AM
FresnoJay
Big foamie lover!

Would like to chime in as I have also dealt with PWRC. Phillip is awesome and recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat. Prompt responses and will go out of his way to do all he can for you.

I don't have anything really bad personally to say about BH but know many that do .

NP is hit and miss but in the end it seems they do try to make things right which does go a ways with me.

Well tried to post pics of my newest bird courtesy of my loving wife for X-mas. But it wont let them upload for some reason. But its a Airfield 1400mm F6F Hellcat from NP by proxy of my LHS. Will post up some pics once the mods get back to me.

Jason
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	F6F Pics 020 Resize.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	155852   Click image for larger version

Name:	F6F Pics 025 resize.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	155853   Click image for larger version

Name:	F6F Pics 026 resize.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	155854  

Last edited by FresnoJay; 12-28-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Quick Reply: AirField RC warbirds?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.16863 seconds with 19 queries