Power Systems Talk about motors, ESC speed controllers, gear drives, propellers, power system simulators and all power system related topics

APC composite prop

Old 05-28-2007, 07:18 PM
visalia31

Default APC composite prop

I have an APC composite prop. you know, the grey props. packaging says to put prop on with the flat side against the motor. the writing is facing forward. I am assuming that means when you have airplane with the motor in the front. well, I have a slinger. wouldn't I put the prop facing the same way as if the motor was in the front? then just make the motor spin the other way since it is 'backwards'?

don't mean to make this complicated. someone told me to put the prop with the writing facing out. if I do that with the slinger, the prop looks backwards. if the prop is in the front, it pulls. if the prop is in the back, it pushes, but the prop still would have to face the same way, right?

Thanks all.

V
Old 05-28-2007, 11:43 PM
slipstick
Super Contributor

You always want the prop to have the writing facing in the direction the plane will be travelling.

If a "slinger" is a pusher that means the side of the prop with the writing is going to be "against the motor".

Steve
Old 05-29-2007, 04:34 PM
visalia31

Thanks for the info. I am going to try to get the plane up this afternoon