Micro Sized Electric Helicopters Discuss micro and mini sized electric rc helis in here

Noisy BCX. Yeah I know they are not silent.

Old 02-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Brutal E

Default Noisy BCX. Yeah I know they are not silent.

I had to loosen a motor to get a heat sink on now it seems noisier to me. Grinding sound from that gear now I think. Is this a symptom of the gear to tight or to loose against each other. Or is this just normal. I have heard the BCX can be a noisy bastard. Any tips on how you get the gear to set correctly is also welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:12 AM
Floater
Floater

Brutal, i also had a nasty grinding sound from my cx (after a slight collision with the floor) and discovered that one of the main gears had some of the teeth slightly sheered. It flew perfect, but the noise was horrible
Old 02-22-2006, 05:19 AM
zappedalaskan

BE,
It is your gear mesh. If you can get a piece of paper in there, loosen the motor(s) and put a piece of paper in between the pinion and the gear, then push it up tight and tithen the screws, then spin it to spit the paper out. This usually gives you perfect gear mesh
How is the MX coming along?
Take care,
Jay
Old 02-22-2006, 05:20 AM
zappedalaskan

Floater,
Welcome to Wattflyer! Glad to have you here
Jay
Old 02-22-2006, 05:31 AM
Floater
Floater

Thanks,
I seem to have found out lots of thing about my cx from trial and error, (thankfully I have only had to spend $4 for blades so far)

Knock on wood
Old 02-22-2006, 05:41 AM
zappedalaskan

It got warm (for here) 8 degrees the other day. I took my BCX outside for the first time. I was trying to get it to do tail stalls. That is pushing it for this little heli lol. My wife shot a video. I have to make it small enough to upload to my web hosting, so It kinda sucks, but here it is. http://fxrc.net/bladecx3.wmv I was trying to get it to turn stall, it mostly just stalled.. I am used to collective heli's outside
Jay
Old 02-22-2006, 06:06 AM
Floater
Floater

Zapp,
Ditto, we had 10 degrees here, but a nice gust of wind taught me that wind really "BLOWS" I have resumed flying in house making the girlfriend and dog mad!!!!!!!!:p
Old 02-22-2006, 07:20 AM
Brutal E

Yeah I tried the paper thing. I will check the teeth for damage. It flies OK and it is not that bad. I was just worried something was wrong. I might do a tear down and rebuild anyway to see if it was the gear meshing incorrectly. The MX400 is getting candy apple red paint job. As soon as I get the radio (this week probably) I am going to install it and the gyro. I am practicing like crazy on the CP. I want to have a great grasp on the basics of flying before I ever lift off with the MX400. Luckily weather in Florida is great for RC flight.