Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

A New "Hobby City/King"?

Old 03-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Slowjohn
Passed on

Default Update

Starting back in posts #15 & #38 I stated that I'd not had any problems with buying from RC Timer. I've ordered from them many times since both from their eBay site & from their web site. My last order placed on Jan. 9th 2012 has yet to arrive. They would not answer my 3 emails after my waiting for over a month. Finally I filed a dispute with PayPal and a week or so later they replied thru PP that they had resent the order & gave me a tracking number this time. The experation date for the dispute I'd filed was about to end & the tracking # they had given me wasn't showing any results so I escalated to a Claim with PayPal. Yesterday I received an email from PP that they had sided with me & had refunded my $37+ into my account.
I'm sad that it came to this as I really was satisfied with all my dealings with RC Timer up to this point. Can't understand why they did what they did and at this point I feel I was flat out lied to. Just doesn't make sense for such a small amount.

Standing By,
SJ
Old 03-15-2012, 10:21 PM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

That's sad to hear SJ.

I got tired of trying to run down 2212-6 motors for my larger pusher jets (always out of stock it seems), so I finally just contacted Suppo directly and ordered a bunch. I now sell them on my website.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:17 PM
scalercflyer
Super Contributor

Default Bad Customer Service

Boys luckily this is not the norm. However, WE HAVE THE POWER! This forum and others like it serve to inform fellow modelers of problems with dead beat vendors. Being unresponsive and not giving a about their customers ALWAYS affects their bottom line. It would be wise on their behalf to settle this transaction in a mutually agreeable manner (apologize profusely, send free product and a refund) or suffer the consequences. I for one will not purchase their wares. Marty
Old 03-16-2012, 04:29 PM
TopSpin

The good news is there are plenty of low priced vendors who have everything Hobby King does. If you look at Hobbyking's site they show the same products multiple times and have tons of stuff on perpetual backorder. It's all a smoke screen to make it look like they have lots of product.

I have only ordered from RC Timer a few times but have never had an issue with them but I know that others have and have not been happy with the service, or lack of.

Last edited by TopSpin; 03-16-2012 at 10:38 PM.