ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

Parkzone BF-109 Motor replaced for free

Old 08-04-2010, 09:06 PM
MatZeRO

Default Parkzone BF-109 Motor replaced for free

This is my first post so...Hi all!

I hope this is the correct place to ask my question, here goes:

I recently bought a Parkzone BF-109, took it out on its first flight and the motor started to make a strange noise. I landed had a look at the motor and noticed some cracks. I called Horizon UK and the lovely member of staff said they would send me out an upgrade motor free of charge!

GREAT! What a service.....however.....

My motor arrived and it is a E-Flite Power 15. I thought great this is much better quality than my previous motor. I started to read the manual before fitting it and noticed it says that I need a 40-45amp ESC From reading around I think I correct in saying that the stock ESC is 30 amp?

My question is, do the god old folks at Horizon know more than me and know that this motor is OK to use with my stock ESC? Or do I now need a new ESC as the motor manual suggests?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:09 PM
mesh

In short, check the weight and the KV of the new motor, if they roughly match the old motor, then you should be fine.

The amps a motor draws depend entirely on what size propeller you have on it. When your new motor says 40-45 amps, that is the maximum the motor can take without overheating.

If you use a propeller that keeps the amp draw under 30 amps, your old esc will work fine.

I'll suggest you ask further questions in this enormous thread dedicated to your plane: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...94583&page=404