Go Back  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Reload this Page >

*Updated* Beware of ordering batteries from AmondoTech.com--they don't take returns

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

*Updated* Beware of ordering batteries from AmondoTech.com--they don't take returns

Old 06-21-2006, 03:24 PM
kulgan

Exclamation *Updated* Beware of ordering batteries from AmondoTech.com--they don't take returns

I placed 2 orders from Amondo Tech about a month apart. The first order was fine, the second wasn't. Of the 14 batteries I ordered the second time, 12 were DOA, and there is no warranty, no returns. Yes, I should have read the warranty policy before I ordered. Just a heads up, YMMV.

Update 7/20/06---I heard from Wayne at Amondo about a week ago and I received replacement batteries today. I didn't have to send the bad ones back and he replaced the generic 1000Mah's I got with Kan 1050's.

Last edited by kulgan; 07-20-2006 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Title change
Old 06-21-2006, 09:57 PM
qban_flyer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kulgan View Post
I placed 2 orders from Amondo Tech about a month apart. The first order was fine, the second wasn't. Of the 14 batteries I ordered the second time, 12 were DOA, and there is no warranty, no returns. Yes, I should have read the warranty policy before I ordered. Just a heads up, YMMV.
Thanks for posting this warning about your experience with this company.

By so doing you are doing a great service to the RC community at large.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Rugar
FAA# OUTLAW!

Did you contact them and they personally told you that they would not replace your DOA cells? Please let me know.
Also, we have a place on WattFlyer to post and warn users of other members of this board. Click on the link. http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79

But please post ALL the facts when doing so.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

As Rugar basically said, did you actually get a flat out denial from them, buy contacting them?
If so, I don't believe you can get sued if you change the thread title to:
XXXXX BATTERIES SUCK!
It gets better attention. I didn't even see the company name, clear at the end of the thread title, until looking closely.

I never buy things like batteries in lot purchase quantities. The are probably the best example of a discrete product that is either good or bad. Therefore, if there is a bad production run, then the entire lot you just purchased is bad.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:46 PM
thomdoe

What I have found is with these web sites most company's don't want bad press they will work with you if you will work with them. The worst thing to a co. is a bad post. We who fly will stay away. K
Old 06-22-2006, 12:46 AM
ForestCam
Bad Influence

Granted they say there's no warrenty on DIY battery packs BUT if you read a little further it also says;
Any damaged products or dead on arrival products must be noted within 10 days of invoice date.
I'd give them a call directly (companies that get thousands of emails a day tend to overlook warrenty questions) and ask if your defective batteries can be replaced. If there's no sign of you trying to assemble them into a pack they should replace them.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:27 AM
Rugar
FAA# OUTLAW!

Originally Posted by ForestCam View Post
I'd give them a call directly (companies that get thousands of emails a day tend to overlook warrenty questions) and ask if your defective batteries can be replaced. If there's no sign of you trying to assemble them into a pack they should replace them.
Or just send him a PM. They are a WattFlyer member. Here is their user profile.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/member.php?u=5531

Be sure to let us know how they handle your situation.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:26 AM
kulgan

I contacted them on Monday through their message center on their website and have heard nothing. I just sent them a PM here on WattFlyer. I didn't realize they were represented here. I still think should have heard something from them by posting on their website. I'll post if they contact me.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:29 PM
qban_flyer

Lightbulb

I contacted them on Monday through their message center on their website and have heard nothing. I just sent them a PM here on WattFlyer. I didn't realize they were represented here. I still think should have heard something from them by posting on their website. I'll post if they contact me.
Please either way. We'd like to know the final disposition of your problem.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Quote:
Any damaged products or dead on arrival products must be noted within 10 days of invoice date.
I saw this posted previously. While many companies think that they can write RIDICULOUS rules, they are pure bull. WE HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO TEST EVERY BATTERY THEY SEND US WITHIN 10 DAYS. There, that's my rule. They know this is not reality, and its just a nicer way of them trying to say: You're Beat. That's bull too, and they know it.

The reason I'm saying this is that companies seem to think they can EXCLUDE themselves from reasonable obligations, like delivering functioning product. As Thomdoe said, "If you're reasonable with them, they are usually reasonable too." Well they sould be, and they know it. I no longer pay homage to unfair rules.

The second, and most important point is that, "You can bet your bottom dollar that they know darn well about the problem." They may say things like, "You're the first one with a problem." Simply reply that you're not an idiot, and you would appreciate it, if that would be their last insult in the converstation." Pretty much what I do now, when I'm fed that line.

Why do I take these things so seriously? Because its may be the most important function of the forums. To know what/who's good and bad. It would be excellent if the entire hobby community got wind of these issues, and then there would only be 2 types of companies: Good ones and Bankrupt ones.

Edit: And one more: I'll pay a bit more, for company's products that do not arrive in entire dead lots. I would hope to think that when we buy from a first rate distributor, that they actually confirm their products like batteries, instead of just power dealing them out like cards in a poker game. While I hope that this issue is resolved properly (with good batts), I personally have already wrote off a place that sells dead stuff. I don't care if they have the FRIENDLIEST RETURN POLICY IN THE WORLD, I really don't care to go through it. That's my bottom line.
---------------------------------
PONTS ON CONTACTING THEM HERE:
THIS PREVIOUSLY POSTED:

Well they haven't posted since May 19th, and they only seem to use WATTFLYER as a FREE AD SERVICE.
I would like to know if they ever paid Wattflyer a RED CENT for advertising? It's important to me, since its an indicator of how cheap the place is.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:30 PM
Unbalanced prop
Watt, No fuel?

I personally have ordered from them with no problems. I got 8 of their AA Titanium 2300 nihm batteries that are performing well ofter a couple months of use. I have not had an issue, so I can't comment on their handling of defective merchandise.

Doug
Old 06-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

That brings up an interesting principle: There are many who can serve us well, but the real merit is in the ones who can serve us well, in problem situations. Its a real litmus test.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:39 AM
kulgan

Default Update

No word from Amondo either through a PM here or through the message service at their website, they don't publish an email address. I'm not going to call them, it's principle or stubbornness. This should be able to get resolved through their site, or since the are represented here through WattFlyer.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:42 AM
qban_flyer

Lightbulb

Kulgan,

I believe calling them would be a good idea.

Once you get hold of someone there you'll know where they stand, and in turn we will also know what to expect of them as well.

Old 06-24-2006, 02:37 AM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Originally Posted by qban_flyer View Post
Kulgan,

I believe calling them would be a good idea.
It would be a good idea for his sake, although most of us have already cast our vote at this point.
Personally, I get extremely anxious when I can't reach a company in over 30 seconds. When you deal with Joe Blow in his basement operations, you can have problems contacting them. I'm not saying that is company is like that, since I don't know, but many are.

No word from Amondo either through a PM here or through the message service at their website, they don't publish an email address. I'm not going to call them, it's principle or stubbornness. This should be able to get resolved through their site, or since the are represented here through WattFlyer.
I don't think you will hear from them here, given that they only post when they want to sell stuff. I posted this before:

Well they haven't posted since May 19th, and they only seem to use WATTFLYER as a FREE AD SERVICE.
I would like to know if they ever paid Wattflyer a RED CENT for advertising? It's important to me, since its an indicator of how cheap the place is.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:45 AM
qban_flyer

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
It would be a good idea for his sake, although most of us have already cast our vote at this point.
Personally, I get extremely anxious when I can't reach a company in over 30 seconds. When you deal with Joe Blow in his basement operations, you can have problems contacting them. I'm not saying that is company is like that, since I don't know, but many are.

I don't think you will hear form them here, given that they only post when they want to sell stuff. I posted this before:

PONTS ON CONTACTING THEM HERE:
THIS PREVIOUSLY POSTED:

Me too.

Sure looks that way. :o

Probably not! :o

I think we all have a pretty good idea by now which way this deal is gonna sail. SOUTH!

Old 06-24-2006, 02:56 AM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

I liked

the color coded:o

reply Qban!

I just looked at this guys posts, and it looks like he trys to sell all of the "Billy Mays Here!" type gadgets. Lot of stuff in the non-rc products area. Stuff I wouldn't buy at a flee market for a buck.

Many of these small dot.coms are just marketers, selling others products for a commission. Kinda like JC Whitney, in the sense that they collect the money, and then notify the manufacturer to ship the product. What that can imply is that:
1. You may have paid an unnecessary middleman
2. They do not even stock the product, so they can't handle returns. Sure they can still do the right thing and give you your money back, since everyone in this world is an honest person, right?

Last edited by Bill G; 06-24-2006 at 03:11 AM.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:01 AM
qban_flyer

Lightbulb

I liked

the color coded:o

reply Qban!
THXS Bill G. Some people hate me for it, especially at the "other site". :o

I think if I am addressing different points to a specific post on a single reply, the best thing to do would be to separate them by color and reply to them in like manner. That way everyone is able to "see" what part of the reply goes with what part of the original.

Old 06-24-2006, 03:08 AM
ForestCam
Bad Influence

I like how you made the line with "RED CENT" red.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:14 AM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

I was going to say that too. And also ask him if it was intentional.
....Read my mind.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:15 AM
qban_flyer

Talking

Klever yah?

Old 06-25-2006, 01:51 AM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Maybe you should talk to others who have contacted them, ask how they contacted them, and what the result was, such as this one found on a web search:

Any one using R1EM-WC4 Lipo Charger
It appears to solve the cell balance problem by charging each cell ... Worse yet Amondo tech seems either unable or unwilling to answer my questions... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3011105/anchors_3031174/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#3031174
Old 06-25-2006, 12:53 PM
kulgan

Maybe you should talk to others who have contacted them, ask how they contacted them, and what the result was, such as this one found on a web search:

Any one using R1EM-WC4 Lipo Charger
It appears to solve the cell balance problem by charging each cell ... Worse yet Amondo tech seems either unable or unwilling to answer my questions... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3011105/anchors_3031174/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#3031174
Well, it was $12 worth of batteries, I didn't think they would be very good quality but I thought they would work at least. I've put forth enough effort as I care to with this.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:19 PM
qban_flyer

Lightbulb

Well, it was $12 worth of batteries, I didn't think they would be very good quality but I thought they would work at least. I've put forth enough effort as I care to with this.
Worry not.

The word on them is now out so that others are forewarned about the "possibility" of what to expect in their dealings with them. :o

Old 06-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

This brings up a good point, and I agree with Kulgan. If you post here to peddle your wares, you should also visit here to read you messages. Second, if you're website has a message service, then it should WORK. If not, then don't have one. Whether its a Message Service or Dead Batteries, I don't like things that don't work.

Quick Reply: *Updated* Beware of ordering batteries from AmondoTech.com--they don't take returns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.16756 seconds with 12 queries