Go Back  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Video: Heli pilot flies his first airplane last night.

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Video: Heli pilot flies his first airplane last night.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:40 AM
racin06

Default Video: Heli pilot flies his first airplane last night.

This is my first airplane, the Grayson Hobby 3D EPP Sukhoi. My RC experience to date is flying helis for 26 months and I've also spent many hours on the sim (Real Flight G4.5 and Phoenix RC) flying the numerous virtual airplane models. I was very nervous about flying indoors coupled by the fact that I had to share the airspace with other aircraft. However, the flight went well and I was able to land successfully. I ended up flying an additional 3 flights later in the evening. As a matter of fact, I neglected my heli by only flying that machine one time .
A couple of things did happen during the flight. At 0:32 into the video, my Sukhoi contacts a kid's Blade MCX coaxial heli. As you can see, my Sukhoi won the battle . Then, at 1:48 into the video, my camera operator is hit by an airplane...no damage done.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0csFwA9HsQ[/media]

High Quality

Anyway, for you heli pilots out there looking to learn to fly airplanes...as you can see, you don't necessarily need to start with a high-winged trainer without ailerons. IMO, if you have competent heli flying skills and you have some airplane sim time experience, forget the high-winged trainer because you'll probably be bored in 10 minutes. Instead, go for more of a challenge and begin with a sport or 3D airplane, as did I...it's a blast!