General RC E-Heli Talk General discussion forum for electric powered rc helis.

2.4 aerials

Old 01-08-2009, 03:11 PM
TREXMAD59

Default 2.4 aerials

Hi All
First post.......of many!!

Going over to a Futaba 7c 2.4 system. Have stripped all the older stuff out and am now putting it back with all the new stuff!!
A bit worried about where to put the new rx. Have read about the 90% seperation of the aerials, but where to put them?, would the rx be better in the front of the heli or at the back. Shud the aerials 'touch' the CF frame?? I know it sounds far fetched but I want to do it properly 'once' so I am asking you 'Where did you put yours'. Pics would be a help as well. Many thanks for your help/advice.
TC
Old 01-08-2009, 04:45 PM
pburt1975
Hotel California

Unlike the DX7, the R606FS doesn't require a satellite receiver, although the two 13cm aerials protruding from the case are longer than the DX's four 6cm antennas. Of that 13cm the first 9.5cm is coaxial cable whilst the remainder is antenna. The instructions provide guidance as to how they should be positioned in the model, although the advice basically suggests that the two cables be positioned at 90 degrees to each other with the antenna elements kept as straight and as far apart as possible to maintain the effective range. The unit can handle any Futaba compatible servos and 6 volt currents, although, as always, it's important to check that the your chosen servos are happy to operate at 6 volts
I pulled that quote from here .

I dont know that location is that critical, as long as the heli will balance properly and no metal rods touching the aerials. I have no idea how CF would affect it or if it would at all. When in doubt, avoid the possibility.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:35 PM
xuzme720
c'mere Monkey

Location: Just North of Houston.Heard of Dayton? I didn't think so...

I know CF is bad with 72mHz but with 2.4? I don't know...
Old 01-09-2009, 11:20 AM
TREXMAD59

tks guys.