Beginners - Helis A forum where beginners can get help on the fundamentals for experts who know their stuff!

Having tons of trouble.. newbie...

Old 12-15-2009, 12:22 AM
anitcol

Default Having tons of trouble.. newbie...

hey everyone, I just ordered my first helicopter and got it in today. I order a Honey Bee Fixed Pitch V2. I got a few questions for the exprienced pilots.

When I plug my TX into the computer and try to use FMS I can't used my TX, any reason? I tried several different RC demo simulators but none seem to work with my TX.

Is their any guides(Maintence??) on what to tighten on my heli before I fly/practice? I don't need a blade flying into my neighbors cat.

As all newbies do... they start up their helicopter to see those rotor blades turn. My helicopter vibrates a lot and honestly it looks like its about to transform into a transformer if it vibrated anymore.

What the hell does that TRAINER SWITCH DO!??

Thanks, a bunch!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Heli Jim
Grandpa, Golfer, Pilot

The absolutely best thing you can do is find a club in your area where you can get some
help! There are just way too many things to check and learn that it would be a thousand
times easier if you could find an experienced pilot in your area.

That trainer switch.....if you have another similar transmitter, you can have an instructor flying the heli and switch it over to the trainer ( the transmitters are connected with a
trainer cord ) and then take control back if you get into trouble.

See if you can find someone in your area that can help you.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Anticol, I moved this to the beginners heli forum. Hope you get your problems worked out.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:28 AM
Ribcracker
Flight Junkie

There is an incredible amount of info on the HBFP here;
http://www.slyster.com/heli/hbfpbible.html

It's a great place to start.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:49 AM
Moxus
Gremlin

to use the TX in fms, or other simulator, you need to plug in the cable, turn on the transmitter, and then add it as a analog joystick under control panel -> game controllers.
before windows recognizes the tx as a joystick, no program or simulator will be able to use it.
then, you need to set up the controls of your simulator accordingly, to this new "joystick"

some txes also require you to hold the trainer switch to use it as joystick. this is because the pc cable is essentially using the trainer port of the tx.
this is completely unpractical and retarded, because if you fly simulator you dont want to hold the switch at the same time. but, it might be the case (was for me with my old futaba).

vibrations:
blades is hinged, and that means that the rotor will NOT be in balance until you get the rotor up to speed and the blades straighten up by themself.
if the vibrations is still there when your rotor is at speed, you got something like unbalanced blades, or bent rotor shaft. have the heli ever crashed?
if you ever had any blade strikes, blades impacting the ground, or anything like that.
most likely, the damage will not be limited to just the blades, and this usually causes vibrations.
is your blades brand new? balance them. new blades is ususally not balanced from factory.
how is your tracking? if you view your helicopters rotor from the side..
is one blade riding higher than the other? if yes, you got tracking issues, wich can cause vibrations (usually not very bad though).
Old 12-15-2009, 04:15 AM
Ribcracker
Flight Junkie

Also, make sure that the blades are equally tightened at the hubs. They need to be the same. Too tight is not good. Too loose is not good.
It makes a big difference, so experiment some.