RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Looking to buy...what radios and servos are good?

Old 06-07-2009, 04:59 PM
danman_83

Question Looking to buy...what radios and servos are good?

I'm looking at getting a

I have a Futaba 7CAP/CHP Helicopter/Airplane radio that I'd like to part with. It's in great condition and comes with 2 receivers.

Part comes complete with:
- 7 CAP/CHP RADIO
- TX BATTERY
- CHARGER
- INSTRUCTION BOOKLET
- 2 FP-R1380P 8 CHANNEL RECEIVERS

NO SERVOS

I haven't found much but one review on this radio...is it out-dated or something? $100 for radio and rxs...are those decent rxs?
Old 06-07-2009, 06:28 PM
idealhobbies
Super Contributor

It came out in 2004. From what I have read on it... it's an excellent radio. Jump on it for that price. I like the "triple rates" feature. That would be great with my Gemini. If the radio is in good shape... get it. That's plenty of radio for most people and an excellent price for the radio and 2 receivers.

As for servos, it depends on what you are using them for. Jeff at www.headsuprc.com stocks the tower pro servos and I'm a big fan of them. I have probably 20 or so of the SG90's and have not had a single issue from the servos themselves. They can be a little power hungry so I would suggest a BEC when using more than 2. Jeff sells them for $5.95 each.

If you are looking for high torque, I have used the BMS380mg servos from www.bphobbies.com and I really like them. They are not the fastest servos out there, but they pack great power.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:31 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by danman_83 View Post
I'm looking at getting a

I have a Futaba 7CAP/CHP Helicopter/Airplane radio that I'd like to part with. It's in great condition and comes with 2 receivers.

I haven't found much but one review on this radio...is it out-dated or something? $100 for radio and rxs...are those decent rxs?
Most everyone is buying 2.4GHz systems - thus the good price on this system.

If I were buying a system today - I would certainly consider 2.4GHz many advantages.

Mike
Old 06-07-2009, 06:41 PM
idealhobbies
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by rcers View Post
Most everyone is buying 2.4GHz systems - thus the good price on this system.

If I were buying a system today - I would certainly consider 2.4GHz many advantages.

Mike
I use both 2.4ghz and 72mhz. 72 is cheaper to operate than the 2.4 due to the price of the receivers. If you are flying with only a couple of people, 72 is fine. I fly by myself or with only one other person most of the time so I don't have the interference issues or waiting for an open channel that some have at large clubs.

I started out with Spektrum (2.4ghz) and bought a 72mhz transmitter to use as a buddy box. I have since bought just as many 72mhz receivers (@$30 a piece for Berg 4L) as I have Spektrum (@$50+ a piece for AR6000/6100's) in the interest of saving money. For some of my toss around planes I am using Corona 72mhz receivers without issue (@$14 from bphobbies).
Old 06-07-2009, 07:17 PM
danman_83

I live in the sticks, I'm about the only person in a 20 mile radius that will be flying most days....so i'm not too worried about interference, I'm mostly looking for price The servos are hopefully going to be for the align trex 450 se or se v2