Aerial Photography Discuss all aerial photography topics as they relate to rc aircraft

Help : Soloshot battery failing

Old 04-02-2020, 04:33 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Default Help : Soloshot battery failing

My SS3 (both) are now terrible on battery ... one lasts about 20mins and other about 45mins before batterys are dead. SS say they should run for 4 hours !! Even when new - I never had more than about 1.5hrs at most ...
I tried powering from Powerbank plugged in but only gave me a little bit more ... the size of PB needed makes it crazy to try hang of the unit and let it still move etc.

Soloshot want me to send back to them ... but living in Latvia ? all way back to California ? To also have the same crap fitted in ?

Battery in the base is 6000mAh 1S LiPo ....

Has anyone similar problem ? How did you get around it ? Have you managed to open the unit to put new battery ?

I really need help on this ...

Old 04-02-2020, 06:29 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

So I will try an adaptor .... took an old charge only USB lead and married to a BEC and XT60 ...

5V / 5A BEC with Mini USB plug to the SS3 .... means I can use any LiPo spare at the field ... 3S or 4S .....
Old 04-03-2020, 10:12 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Testing today - being indoors - its on manual only control - no pitch . yaw / zoom - so the load on battery is less I know - but at least I will get some result.

SS3 (A) lasted 50 mins from full charge internal battery till it shut down. It is now being recharged again and then it will be switched on with my BEC + 4S 1600 LiPo plugged in.

The internal battery is 6000mAh 1S .... the 4S 1600mAh effectively via the BEC should be similar given its powering at 5V.

Soloshot say the internal battery should give up to 4hrs ... Yeh Ha Ha Ha ... it never gave even half that when new ... but lets see what the LiPo / BEC does ...
Old 04-03-2020, 05:06 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

With full charged internal battery + 4S 1600 / 5V - 5A BEC plugged in ... I have over 2hours use ....

It needs the Cell Checker Alarm because the BEC does not stop !! It will drain the LiPo totally if not monitored.