Delta & Flying Wings Discuss electric powered delta (flying wing) style aircraft here.

Delta and Wing design Club

Old 03-27-2007, 12:20 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by skiman762 View Post
Darn Chellie
Now I gotta have one of those skyriders that thing is neat
the depron prices are good too
I want to start building some out plane of depron it a stiffer for high speed planes

Go for it Ed you deserve it RCsuperpowers is my neighbor I just found out, his shop is just about 8 miles away, and he flies at a high school that I graduated from, KEWL take care, Chellie
Old 03-27-2007, 12:25 AM
ericthetree

are u saying i have rodents lol. amazingly it has a great glide, motor and electronics placement will be crucial for cg.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:03 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
Yeah I've never looked in to a cheap source but I have only built a few foamies. I'll have to get by the dollar store and check out the kites. I payed $6.50 for 2 sticks, ouch.

thats a good idea, dollar stores for cf
Old 03-27-2007, 01:05 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by ericthetree View Post
are u saying i have rodents lol. amazingly it has a great glide, motor and electronics placement will be crucial for cg.
All I know, is that, If I was a rodent and saw that thing, I would have a heart attack and drop dead in my tracks
Old 03-27-2007, 01:43 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Hello, did you folks decide on a name? I saw Chelllies vote the other day...I'm most likely way behind you guys....
Old 03-27-2007, 01:53 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Airhead View Post
Hello, did you folks decide on a name? I saw Chelllies vote the other day...I'm most likely way behind you guys....
Hi Bruce I think the name is Flat Foam Flying Circus, I saw a lot of votes for it, I will wait to confirm this from other members, but that what it looks like so far, Take care Bruce, Chellie
Old 03-27-2007, 03:04 AM
ericthetree

Default FFFC wins

at least it has my vote, if you want to make BIG foamies don't forget old graphite shaft golf clubs, I have made 78" wingspan wings using them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	couple more wattflyers 072.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	27022  
Old 03-27-2007, 03:31 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Originally Posted by ericthetree View Post
at least it has my vote, if you want to make BIG foamies don't forget old graphite shaft golf clubs, I have made 78" wingspan wings using them.
Sounds good to me....
That is one large wing you have there!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 03:33 AM
GA-Flyer
GA-Flyer

hello all,

Just wanted to say I did one better than dumpster diving tonight, aha, how can one do better than diving for treasures in the steely deep? How about this...

Here in Atlanta (or suburb there of) there is alway new housing construction and I remember when they were finishing off my subdivision there was always this blue foamy stuff blowing in my yard, I saved a piece of it then, stared at it for about 2 months before my wife couldn't stand it any more and made me throw it away, I didn't know about foamies then...but back to my story. So I saw this new subdivision going up and cruised around in it in my lil ole Jeep and sure enough, there it was, in the middle of an empty lot, a nice 6x4 foot piece of blue foam, ragged on the edges (I didnt mind), a little muddy, shoot, people around me thought I was some kind of save the planet by cleaning up the earth tree huggin dude... it now sits patiently in my basement, just waiting for its time to be set free to the open skies...weeeee, blue foam at a fantastic price...lol

I did some work on my aerovette tonight and it is looking nice, slight changes from the plan but not too many. I am really liking this.

Eric, that craft looks like a Romulan Warbird, except for the uhmm parrot? head on front but I have to say it is a nice color....lol

Doyle
Old 03-27-2007, 04:14 AM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

Hi guys! I thought you might GIT a kick out of this:

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...265#post172265

It's my new store sign! Maybe.........if it makes it up there that is...

We are having a big "Spring Into Summer" event here at the Summit Park Mall this weekend and I have to GIT it up on my store front for that!!! We are going to have about 100 feet of mall concoarse (hallway) to build "Hobby City"!!!! It is going to be cool!!!

If you live in Western New York....stop down and bring your whole family! There will be TONS to do...we are even going to have LIVE animals!

I'll join the chat again when I GIT home. The Mall closed at 9!

TTYL,
Jay

PS: If you want to mapquest or Google Map it the address is: 6929 Williams Rd, 14304
Old 03-27-2007, 04:16 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

LOL I was thinking Klingon, I wasn't going to say anything though.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:21 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by GITech001 View Post

If you live in Western New York....stop down and bring your whole family! There will be TONS to do...we are even going to have LIVE party animals!

Chellie is going to be there...JK
Old 03-27-2007, 04:45 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

LOL very Cute, got to have a sence of humor, it makes life Sooo much nicer Chellie
Old 03-27-2007, 05:30 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Nice BIG sign....
Old 03-27-2007, 06:01 AM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
All You Guys sound Like your Cheap Like Me I love a bargain, and I am not Proud, I will dig in a dumpster to find foam, I will work for foam
Take care & have fun, Chellie

ps If your looking for big pieces of foam, electronic stores, appliance stores throw it away by the truck loads.
LOL!!! I Love it! Me too!!! Cheap!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 06:13 AM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Go for it Ed you deserve it RCsuperpowers is my neighbor I just found out, his shop is just about 8 miles away, and he flies at a high school that I graduated from, KEWL take care, Chellie
What a small world! How cool is that! Dave is a sharp guy! I hope to meet him someday!
Old 03-27-2007, 06:21 AM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

Originally Posted by GA-Flyer View Post
hello all,

Just wanted to say I did one better than dumpster diving tonight, aha, how can one do better than diving for treasures in the steely deep? How about this...

Here in Atlanta (or suburb there of) there is alway new housing construction and I remember when they were finishing off my subdivision there was always this blue foamy stuff blowing in my yard, I saved a piece of it then, stared at it for about 2 months before my wife couldn't stand it any more and made me throw it away, I didn't know about foamies then...but back to my story. So I saw this new subdivision going up and cruised around in it in my lil ole Jeep and sure enough, there it was, in the middle of an empty lot, a nice 6x4 foot piece of blue foam, ragged on the edges (I didnt mind), a little muddy, shoot, people around me thought I was some kind of save the planet by cleaning up the earth tree huggin dude... it now sits patiently in my basement, just waiting for its time to be set free to the open skies...weeeee, blue foam at a fantastic price...lol

I did some work on my aerovette tonight and it is looking nice, slight changes from the plan but not too many. I am really liking this.

Eric, that craft looks like a Romulan Warbird, except for the uhmm parrot? head on front but I have to say it is a nice color....lol

Doyle
Sweet! Strap on a brushless and make that garbage FLY!!!!

I was thinking about using the Toyota GT1 for design insparation! I can't wait to see your aerovette build. I am really having fun with this too.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:32 AM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

NICE!!!!!!! I sure hope so!!!! Hey, don't you have friday off Chellie? LOL
Old 03-27-2007, 12:58 PM
GA-Flyer
GA-Flyer

You got that right GIT, I am here in GA filling the southern skies with electrofied garbage....lol

Wow, a GT1 would be great inspiration for a plane, I say go for it. My next design (only a design till my vette flies) is a flying train as in heavy, steel choo-choo. I have a great old Mylon Lafever song to go with it if I shoot a video of it, but alas that is the future and will be my first ducted fan.

Nice sign btw, if I'm ever up that way....

Doyle
Old 03-27-2007, 07:26 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Check out the carnage. Had to make an emergency landing today. No problem, I think I'll build 2 at a time from now on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Alyssa.JPG
Views:	389
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	27120  
Old 03-27-2007, 08:16 PM
skiman762
FFFC

That will buff right out
Gether back in the air
Old 03-27-2007, 08:19 PM
DIALED/CHUCK
Let's Get To Work...

Wait a second.....you hit a kid? She looks happy! Chalk it up to 'the one in a million theory' buy a lottery ticket...and write this day off the books!

--C
Old 03-27-2007, 08:26 PM
skiman762
FFFC

Here a website to spark your creative thinking
check it out since it's called Fantasy we can build them since it won't be a copy of a real plane there's a few in there that have caught my eye already

http://home.att.net/~dannysoar/FantasySectionIntro.htm
Old 03-28-2007, 02:14 AM
BatteriesIncluded
Ouch

I've been doing some research on CG for deltas and flying wings and have found some very useful information. I thought I would share what I have found. The more we learn the more stable our craft will be.

Wing Trim Page - http://www.aerofoam.com/wngtrmpg.html
and while you are on that site check this out... looks very much like Quick Delta Scratch Build but it costs $40.00!
http://www.aerofoam.com/avropage.html

From the AMA - http://www.flyama.org/newsletters/0903_15.asp
Old 03-28-2007, 03:13 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Check out the carnage. Had to make an emergency landing today. No problem, I think I'll build 2 at a time from now on.

She is a Doll I bet she gets her Good Looks from her Mom Take care and have fun, Chellie

Quick Reply: Delta and Wing design Club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.15347 seconds with 12 queries