Delta & Flying Wings Discuss electric powered delta (flying wing) style aircraft here.

Delta and Wing design Club

Old 03-28-2007, 03:51 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Default Next Build

Hi Flat Foam Flying Club Members , trying saying that real fast 5 times :p
After everyone has Mastered the SQD, Which should be real soon, a bunch of sharp people here, Got some Ideas on a next build, here are some pics to get your creative minds going , I dont know who the guy is in the pic, I just like the Delta
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3260001114174630870-3897productJET.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	27156   Click image for larger version

Name:	CF-105-Avro-Arrow-(Red)NICENICENICEBUILD.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	27157   Click image for larger version

Name:	foam delts jet USE.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	27158   Click image for larger version

Name:	THUNDERBIRDPUSHERJET.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	27159   Click image for larger version

Name:	ELECTRAJETNICEKEEP.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	27160  

Click image for larger version

Name:	TYPHOONJETNICEBUILD.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	27161   Click image for larger version

Name:	TYPHOONPICNICENICE.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	27162  

Last edited by CHELLIE; 03-28-2007 at 04:12 AM.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:52 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
Check out the carnage. Had to make an emergency landing today. No problem, I think I'll build 2 at a time from now on.
She's a Doll....
Old 03-28-2007, 03:54 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Hi Flat Foam Flying Club Members , trying saying that real fast 5 times :p
After everyone has Mastered the SQD, Which should be real soon, a bunch of sharp people here, Got some Ideas on a next build, here are some pics to get your creative minds going ,
Hmmmm.
Some good photos Chellie,
Getting our heads in gear and working!..
Old 03-28-2007, 03:58 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Bruce got a pic for you, a little off the subject here, but i think everyone will like it,

Name:	AEROBIKE.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	27163  
Old 03-28-2007, 04:00 AM
ericthetree

I want, gimme one, gimme one pleeeeeeeeeeze
Old 03-28-2007, 04:06 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

No way is that functional but who cares it looks so cool. I'd run off the road if I seen that coming up behind me.

I can't stop reading the fantasy link skiman put up. There is some crazy stuff in there and old. I'm not sure how you would make a model of most of them but it would be cool.

I ordered a 1800 mah 3s pack this evening. Was going to order a 1600 mah pack and he hooked me with the 1800 for a lesser price than the 1600.

http://www.znbrc.com/Home_Page.html
Old 03-28-2007, 04:59 AM
ElectricFlyGuy
Banned Permanently

That is un-acceptible here!! It is not electric OK, nice bike:p Scott.

Hi Bruce got a pic for you, a little off the subject here, but i think everyone will like it,
Old 03-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Hey Chellie,
Cool photo... A Wright/Cyclone Radial engined powered cruiser..Woohooo!!
Old 03-29-2007, 04:33 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Evening folks,
I've just finished giving performance reviews to myu employees.. What a great night. I havn't gotten any hugs tonight...hmmmmmmmm

Anyway, I received my motor and ESC, batt and servos from Jeff at Headsup RC. Just wanted you guys to know...Great service and advice from him... So, I had better get my Butt movin'...
Old 03-29-2007, 02:29 PM
GA-Flyer
GA-Flyer

Way to go Airhead, I just sent a message to Jeff at Heads-Up to make sure my order was ok. Still searching for a TX but I have some on e-bay I am looking at now.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Morning Ga-flyer,
Yah, I'm also working on a real radio too. With the good advice I've gotten here from my friends a Dx6 will work for me.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:24 PM
skiman762
FFFC

I'm still here
Had to mess with the doctor this week and a remodel that I'm getting behind on I hope to get some glue work done on the delta tonight
Old 03-29-2007, 05:38 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

I have another delta put together and waiting on my 3s lipo and new motor. It's all good though I needed to work on my STCub. I know it's not a delta but oh well.

Name:	STCub3.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	27218  
Old 03-29-2007, 06:52 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Well I had a delta put together. I guess I will have to break down and buy some better paint. Painting foamboard is not the same as painting bluecore. At least not for me.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:32 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
Well I had a delta put together. I guess I will have to break down and buy some better paint. Painting foamboard is not the same as painting bluecore. At least not for me.

Hi Johnson Krylon short cuts spray paint works great, it leaves a nice shine, and wont peel off, use in thin coats, here is the link to it, take care, Chellie

http://www.misterart.com/g1014/Krylon-Short-Cuts.htm
Old 03-30-2007, 06:34 AM
ericthetree

gitech,parrot? I merely looked and did a fair copy

Name:	couple more wattflyers 262.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	27262  
Old 03-30-2007, 07:47 PM
GA-Flyer
GA-Flyer

Ok, my electrics are on the way, all from HeadsUp RC, minus a TX but I am looking at one on e-bay now....getting closer. The build is almost there, almost at a point to where I can't do anything w/o the electrics.

I am still not sure how to mount my motor, its a pusher. Do I attach a balsa block to mount it to? If so, how is the best way to do that...yep, yet another newbie moment here. I appreciate everyone's help here.

And another thing, why hasnt anyone poked the carbon rods through their wing, as long as you are careful it shouldn't be a big thing, I was thinking of doing that, but wanted to hear other thoughts on the idea.

Doyle
Old 03-30-2007, 08:12 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by GA-Flyer View Post
Ok, my electrics are on the way, all from HeadsUp RC, minus a TX but I am looking at one on e-bay now....getting closer. The build is almost there, almost at a point to where I can't do anything w/o the electrics.

I am still not sure how to mount my motor, its a pusher. Do I attach a balsa block to mount it to? If so, how is the best way to do that...yep, yet another newbie moment here. I appreciate everyone's help here.

And another thing, why hasnt anyone poked the carbon rods through their wing, as long as you are careful it shouldn't be a big thing, I was thinking of doing that, but wanted to hear other thoughts on the idea.

Doyle
Hi Doyle on the CF rod, you can cut a slot in the wing, add some clear packing tape to one side, epoxy the rod in, and cover on top of that with packing tape, I do that all the time too, works great, what motor do you have, you can mount it on the front, there are different mounts available for this, I usa a piece of 3/8 x 3/8 bass wood on the front, its a square piece of wood, about 6 inches long, and leave about 1" hang out in the front to mount the motor, a front mount motor is easier to hand launch, where a rear mount motor, you have to launch with the motor off then get on the throttle real fast, for safety reasons, dont want to get your hand caught in the prop take care, Chellie

http://cgi.ebay.com/Motor-Mount-for-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Prop-Saver-for-3...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BRUSHLESS-OU...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/GWS-MOTOR-MOUNT-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.atlantahobby.com/shopdisp...at=Stick+Mount

Last edited by CHELLIE; 03-30-2007 at 08:44 PM. Reason: spell ck, my comp cant spell :)
Old 03-30-2007, 08:33 PM
GA-Flyer
GA-Flyer

I got a 2408-21 motor with 15amp ESC (it was a combo deal). I don't have a prop yet, Jeff said he didnt have one that would work so I figured I would partronize my LHS for that as well as the mount (motor and prop), now that I am at this point in my build a lot of things are making more sense.

The local Hobbytown near where I work is really well stocked and there is one guy there who really knows what he is talking about, he was very helpful last time I stealed over that way during my lunch break.

I am planning to keep my motor in the back, I understand the dangers and will just work around them, maybe look for a gauntlet on ebay...lol

Starting to push to make this thing fly by my B-day which is also Easter Sunday this year, no worries...(spoken like a true rookie)

I have to say, and I'll try to get some pics to show soon, that my aerovette is coming along well, I have gone through at least 3 revisions, each time it gets better (I keep thinking of running current through the wire on my cheese slicer and using it but dont want to take the time to put that together) Oh well, I am just running on here, my wing is pink but I made my vette body blue...I just couldn't handle that Barbie Drean Vette thing...lol It does make a nice contrast but I am still gonna paint it.

I'll hush for now,
Doyle
Old 03-30-2007, 08:35 PM
JoeBruce

Glad to hear about the progress, Doyle! Sounds like your "Aerovette" is coming along nicely. Maybe someday it will grace the shelves of our LHS's!
Old 03-30-2007, 08:41 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by GA-Flyer View Post
I got a 2408-21 motor with 15amp ESC (it was a combo deal). I don't have a prop yet, Jeff said he didnt have one that would work so I figured I would partronize my LHS for that as well as the mount (motor and prop), now that I am at this point in my build a lot of things are making more sense.

The local Hobbytown near where I work is really well stocked and there is one guy there who really knows what he is talking about, he was very helpful last time I stealed over that way during my lunch break.

I am planning to keep my motor in the back, I understand the dangers and will just work around them, maybe look for a gauntlet on ebay...lol

Starting to push to make this thing fly by my B-day which is also Easter Sunday this year, no worries...(spoken like a true rookie)

I have to say, and I'll try to get some pics to show soon, that my aerovette is coming along well, I have gone through at least 3 revisions, each time it gets better (I keep thinking of running current through the wire on my cheese slicer and using it but dont want to take the time to put that together) Oh well, I am just running on here, my wing is pink but I made my vette body blue...I just couldn't handle that Barbie Drean Vette thing...lol It does make a nice contrast but I am still gonna paint it.

I'll hush for now,
Doyle

No Dont ever HUSH thats the way we like you just add your 3/8 x3/8" wood to the rear of the pusher, wait untill you, get your motor in, so you can fit it in, a 7x6 prop will work great or a 8x4 for slower speeds, add some landing gear to it, that will make it safe, and fun, look up, I gave you some links for some mounts, I think a mount will be with your 2408-21 from heads up, use some red lock tight on all the screws, just good insurance, take care, Chellie
Old 03-30-2007, 08:53 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Default Get Ready for this

Get ready for this I am thinking about taking this delta one step farther, how about adding some thin sponsons to it, and taking off on the water Hmmmm should be interesting, ok so I am Daring :p I ll give it a try later, should be fun, and make it a convertable, screw on the sponsons with nylon screws, and add a carbon fiber rod at the front of the sponsons, where it can be screwed on also, Hmmm I Like it already, Take care, Chellie
Old 03-30-2007, 09:32 PM
ericthetree

Default warbird

my warbird now has warp nacelles.

Name:	couple more wattflyers 285.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	27361   Click image for larger version

Name:	couple more wattflyers 286.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	27362  
Old 03-30-2007, 09:40 PM
GA-Flyer
GA-Flyer

Default Warbird

Are you going to add a cloaking device?

DD
Old 03-30-2007, 09:47 PM
ericthetree

would that I could lol.I do think it looks better now though,cloaked you wouldn't see the change

Quick Reply: Delta and Wing design Club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.15798 seconds with 23 queries