Combat Electric combat discussion in here.

E-Combat in Tulsa

Old 12-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Originally Posted by gfdengine204 View Post
So what if it rains? It's COMBAT! It's FUN! It's AWESOME!

A little rain ain't gonna hurt........

is it?

The rain isn't so bad. It's the tornado watch we're currently under and the 40 mph winds with lightning and hail. It looks totally wicked oputside right now. It's a yellow color with really dark clouds all around.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Well, the WIND has been in the TEENS and TWENTIES for the last several weeks... Is Sunday going to be different?

Looking at the weather web site, it will be 2 mph and 40 degrees at 9:00 AM. The peak wind for the day is 10 mph at noon (with a high temperature of 56 degrees at 3 PM)... Maybe it'll work out after all!

I'll do what I can to be there, but I still don't have a combat foamie ready to fly... :o

Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
The rain isn't so bad. It's the tornado watch we're currently under and the 40 mph winds with lightning and hail. It looks totally wicked oputside right now. It's a yellow color with really dark clouds all around.
Yeah, we got that same thunderstorm this morning at about 7:00 AM... It's really not so bad -- just some decent rain, and a LOT of thunder and lightning...
Old 12-27-2008, 04:45 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Loughead View Post
I'll do what I can to be there, but I still don't have a combat foamie ready to fly... :o
Haven't you fixed you P-38 yet?
Old 12-28-2008, 12:48 AM
Castor
Castor

Smoke,

I'm planning on going out in the morning to fly at the UnClub. I'll be there early 7:30 to 8:00 am. Hope to see you there.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:44 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Cool...see ya there.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:25 AM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Originally Posted by gfdengine204 View Post
Haven't you fixed you P-38 yet?
Huh? I wasn't aware it was broken... :o Have you been flying it again?

Originally Posted by Castor View Post
I'm planning on going out in the morning to fly at the UnClub. I'll be there early 7:30 to 8:00 am. Hope to see you there.
It's gonna be COLD!
Old 01-01-2009, 04:55 AM
PZ512608

Talking next time ill bring the shark bait

just tought we could have some target practice, tried adding a link but dont have enough posts yet
Old 01-01-2009, 05:10 AM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Huh? I wasn't aware it was broken... :o Have you been flying it again?
Like you ever let me fly it. Last time I saw it fly, you snapped off a wing tip. I know you are older, but surely your mind isn't going YET?
Old 01-01-2009, 05:21 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by PZ512608 View Post
just tought we could have some target practice, tried adding a link but dont have enough posts yet
Justin is that you?
Old 01-01-2009, 05:24 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Well you have one.... Welcome aboard..
Old 01-01-2009, 05:25 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
Scary weather for sure.. Hope you made out ok Tom..
Old 01-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

So, how'd the morning of combat go?

I slept in that morning, and didn't even think about it until 11 AM or so... :o
Old 01-01-2009, 11:27 PM
PZ512608

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
Justin is that you?
yeah, kinda hard to find ur way around in here
Old 01-01-2009, 11:52 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Give it a little time, and you'll be as lost as the rest of us!
Old 01-02-2009, 02:13 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

So, how'd the morning of combat go?

I slept in that morning, and didn't even think about it until 11 AM or so... :o
One word...cold . Greg and I flew one round of combat but we didn't get any streamers . It was fun though.

It can be a little confusing at first but you get used to it.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:53 AM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

I flew out at the Unclub between 4 and 5 PM today -- the temperature was about 50 degrees, and there was NO wind. Perfect weather for combat.

Perhaps we'll have similar weather tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:26 PM
LipoPilot
Flown A Lipo Lately?

Default Howdy

Hey guys just wanted to say I hope you guys have some more combat get togethers this year and if not some coming down and flying with you guys would be sweet too. New to combat, never combated with the Pro's yet lol, but I'm sure I would make good pratice for those looking for fresh meat, then again I might surprise the most witted ones of your crew, I have a tendancy of getting lucky.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:16 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

We will definitely be flying combat this summer. I still like the idea of every other weekend having an official meet playing by the rules and keeping score...that's how I would like to see it go down anyhow.

I think Guy was going to start a thread for the next WOOF event in the spring. That would be the one worth driving for.

How about it Guy, when do you want to do a spring WOOF to kick off the summer? I know it seems strange to be talking about it with a 1/2 inch of ice covering everything but I'm stuck inside and I'm bored .
Old 01-28-2009, 01:15 AM
LipoPilot
Flown A Lipo Lately?

Oh James, put a jacket on LoL, lets get it started man. No on the real note, I TOTALLY agree official would be cool and points too. I live close and would attend them all, hope you dont mind my 2 year old who eats others peoples planes...kidding. There is five of us here who will come down and get with ya. Couple ?'s I got.

1. The ribbon where do you get it or what is it? We use party tissue ribbon. That crap chics use for the kids BD party.
2. Rules? Where are they? Link me please or send.
3. I will assume combat time is around 5 to 7 minutes or how does that work...run till you run out of juice?
4. Last question...its a 28' WS class were playing right...and does the 1409-14T 20gm motor fit this class...I guess rules will give this...derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited by LipoPilot; 01-28-2009 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Ummm I type some INcomplete sentences
Old 01-28-2009, 01:22 AM
LipoPilot
Flown A Lipo Lately?

OH OH One more!!!!

These are foamie combat right, like the warbird I'm building on Slofly? I see that klan down there has some real nice little birds...that camera toting P38 and that longheads nice bird, i got some scales to but I dont think I want take the chance of beating them up...hell Im just learning to stop crashing them myself lol.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:40 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by LipoPilot View Post
Oh James, put a jacket on LoL, lets get it started man. No on the real note, I TOTALLY agree official would be cool and points too. I live close and would attend them all, hope you dont mind my 2 year old who eats others peoples planes...kidding. There is five of us here who will come down and get with ya. Couple ?'s I got.

1. The ribbon where do you get it or what is it? We use party tissue ribbon. That crap chics use for the kids BD party.

I use the same stuff I just cut it in half on the band saw. I used to measure the streamers but now I just pull 3 arm widths (roughly 18') and call it good. Use the blue masking tape to attach it to the tail.

2. Rules? Where are they? Link me please or send.

Post #1

3. I will assume combat time is around 5 to 7 minutes or how does that work...run till you run out of juice?

5 minutes will be the official time for a combat round.

4. Last question...its a 28' WS class were playing right...and does the 1409-14T 20gm motor fit this class...I guess rules will give this...derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yes that motor would meet the rules requirement as long as you are using a 2S lipo.
Originally Posted by LipoPilot View Post
OH OH One more!!!!

These are foamie combat right, like the warbird I'm building on Slofly? I see that klan down there has some real nice little birds...that camera toting P38 and that longheads nice bird, i got some scales to but I dont think I want take the chance of beating them up...hell Im just learning to stop crashing them myself lol.
Yep just like your P-51 on Slofly. You should share some pics of that here on Wattflyer, you really did a good job on it. And the bomb drops on your first one worked great.

You definitely don't want to fly anything you are attached to. Then again I guess it all depends on how you are going to fly them. I don't hold back, I'll chase ya all the way to the ground...inverted...with the throttle still wide open . LOL I'm just playing around, there is a lot of luck involved.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:23 AM
LipoPilot
Flown A Lipo Lately?

I'm there.... Yea on the 2s..geez what you need 3s for on these motors and this size plane?
Old 01-28-2009, 03:33 AM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

LOL -- there are people flying with 4s LiPos!

With respect to the next WOOF event... I've been thinking about that lately. However, I think it's just too windy, too cold, too wet, and too far away to plan at this point.

Plus, I just started a new job, and have only flown at the Unclub once since starting that new job on January 5, 2008... My mind is on other things... :o

Honestly, I promise I'll put some more thought into it... Starting NOW -- when do you guys think we should start? February is usually still pretty darned cold and icy... Do we want to shoot for something in March?

Spring is usually pretty windy and wet too... :o
Old 01-28-2009, 02:12 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

For now let's just say Saturday March 28 at 9:00am "Start Combat" will be called.

ENGAGEMENT RULES:
The aircraft shall tow a 3/8" by 18' foot long ribbon, There shall be no leader string used at any time. All aircraft shall maneuver within the pre-marked skybox of approximately fifty yards square.
Each plane receives 100 points for being in the air when “START COMBAT” is called. 50 points shall be deducted for flying beyond the fifty yard markers to sides and back of the box. After losing 100 points aircraft must land. 100 points shall be deducted and aircraft must land if it over-flies the flight line. 100 points are gained by cutting off a portion of another aircraft’s streamer. The killed plane or aircraft with the cut streamer must land, even if it has most of its streamer left. 100 points are awarded when “TIME” is called and aircraft lands with an intact streamer.
To do the "skybox" we would need 3 volunteers to judge. Is that something we want to try and do or just agree to keep the fight in close?

I've started tweaking the rules to suit what we are doing. Go over them and if you see anything out of place let me know .
Old 01-28-2009, 02:31 PM
gregore2992
Club RAGE Member

My 2 cents.

Keeping it close is one of my problems, I do good for a while then something happens and I'm 50' out of the fray! I vote we "modify" the rules as far as the flying box goes, I think our "sessions" go pretty well. Having the "box" rule might knock people out too soon in the beginning.

Greg

Quick Reply: E-Combat in Tulsa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.15879 seconds with 11 queries