3D Flying Discuss everything related to "3D" flying including construction, power setups and flying techniques

New! Parkzone Sukhoi Su-26m BNF

Old 08-11-2009, 04:13 PM
ravenphoto
Just 1 more plane

Originally Posted by VamPower View Post
Why preorder when you can have one NOW.

Vampowerpro.com has the Sukhoi IN STOCK. As well as most of the parts, but the receivers and servos have been selling quickly. We anticipated a winner here and placed a HUGE order many months ago. Still have a couple left.

After you place your order for a Sukhoi, send an email to [email protected] that you saw this post and I will include one of our 130mAh Vampower batteries for FREE! Don't forget to include your "real" name so I can find your order.
I preordered 2 months ago for the 1st shipment that your company probably got at the same time just like everyone else. They will be at my door by tomorrow. Only reason I don't have it yet is Canada Customs held up order for 12 days and finally released.

But thank you

Last edited by ravenphoto; 08-11-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:04 AM
waddy015

Spare parts are almost impossible to find, everything is on backorder. Not that you need a lot, I have yet to break a part in a crash. The parts get broken when you have to whack the plane out of a tree with a stick
Old 08-15-2009, 03:43 AM
robertloop

Originally Posted by waddy015 View Post
Spare parts are almost impossible to find, everything is on backorder. Not that you need a lot, I have yet to break a part in a crash. The parts get broken when you have to whack the plane out of a tree with a stick

Yep. I've really piled mine up. These are a very resilient.

Nieghbors pickup..... full throttle.... no damage.

My brick retaining wall... full throttle... no damage.

Some pretty hard crashes and all I have is a few dents and pieces of foam missing.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Lancifer

Then the common sense thing would be not to fly it near trees!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 02:45 AM
autorail1

Any one know where to get aftermarket type batteries for this plane??

Originally Posted by bassplayinDude View Post
No they aren't! The Sukhoi needs 110mAH batteries that come with it or the mCX, not the 70mAH batteries that come with the Vapor and Ember. When buying spares, make sure to get 110mAH batteries!
Old 08-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Lancifer

you can get 130mah ones now!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 07:40 PM
robertloop

I got 4 packs for 20 bucks on ebay. (lighting power brand) Hobby City had the smoking deal, but they sold out extremely fast at $1.50 each.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Son of Paleface
Ozzie Express Wiggy Pilot

I use a GWS prop AND spinner

chek out my posts in this other thread...104 and 113

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...t=41492&page=5

Ian
Old 08-17-2009, 03:12 PM
bassplayinDude

Isn't that the truth. Busted up my tailfeathers getting it out of a tree after dumb-thumbing it in the wrong direction.

Just ordered some 5030/5043 props and a laser-cut plywood prop adapter from RadicalRC. Those should get here just in time for my 2 week vacation.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Son of Paleface

Originally Posted by bassplayinDude View Post
Isn't that the truth. Busted up my tailfeathers getting it out of a tree after dumb-thumbing it in the wrong direction.

Just ordered some 5030/5043 props and a laser-cut plywood prop adapter from RadicalRC. Those should get here just in time for my 2 week vacation.

The rubber GWS spinner has saved mine twice now , one heavy straight encounter with the wall , .... it just moved back on the prop shaft and jamed the prop against the cowl....no damage....
Old 08-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Son of Paleface

BTW Hobby City has the batteries in stock NOW

OOOOOOOPssssss ALL GONE , in less than one day........I got 30
Old 08-18-2009, 04:08 AM
robertloop

Originally Posted by Son of Paleface View Post
BTW Hobby City has the batteries in stock NOW

OOOOOOOPssssss ALL GONE , in less than one day........I got 30

SUCHA bummer. They were gone before I had a chance.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:10 AM
Son of Paleface

NO nO there back in stock ,NOW

must have got sum more

https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...idProduct=8864

Ian
Old 08-18-2009, 04:58 AM
waddy015

This might be a bit extreme but does anyone think that laminating the plane (especially the flimsy tail) with a light packaging tape kind of like scotch tape would add some more strength to it or just mess things up?
Old 08-19-2009, 01:17 PM
bassplayinDude

This might be a bit extreme but does anyone think that laminating the plane (especially the flimsy tail) with a light packaging tape kind of like scotch tape would add some more strength to it or just mess things up?
I did this along with adding some CF support to the tail. Strengthened things up, but added too much weight. Now I have to cut it off and try again without adding so much weight.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:34 PM
HeadMaster

I thought Ild post a few of my vids on this thread....great little plane...enjoy!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QncvrTS-nuc[/media][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-eloJqWDVM[/media][media]http://www.vimeo.com/6018655[/media]

Old 08-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Son of Paleface

Man , those batteries dissapeared fast , I bet some shop owners bought dozens
Old 08-19-2009, 11:31 PM
waddy015

Anyone else having troubles getting spare parts?
Old 08-24-2009, 01:47 AM
ScottP107

Originally Posted by ScottP107 View Post
I had the same reaction. Everyone is saying this is not a beginners plane, and while that may be true, I haven't found it difficult to fly and I am by no means a great pilot. I was expecting it to be a lot quicker than it has turned out to be. Not to say I am not enjoying it though

The thing that is killing me with it is it seems too front heavy, the first time I took it out I placed the battery in the middle per the recommendation in the manual and after I hand launched it promptly nose dived into the grass and snapped the prop. Since then, I have been placing the battery further back and using a lot of up trim and it seems to be ok, I just wish I didn't have to use as much trim to get it to fly straight.
If anyone cares, I have pulled the spinner off, scraped out some of the glue around the motor, and lined the tail with some clear packing tape and it seems to have helped somewhat with the balance issue.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:03 AM
HeadMaster

Anyone else having troubles getting spare parts?
http://www.atlantahobby.com/shopdisp...+Sukhoi+Su-26m
Old 08-24-2009, 04:09 AM
ekotil

Default Switched

Changed my lightened but stock Sukhoi from a DX5 to a DX6i and it is much more fun to fly. Expo makes a big difference with this plane especially on high rates.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:36 AM
websterphreaky
Banned

Thumbs down Take a big PASS on this Sukhoi Su-26m BNF.

I totally disagree with all the accolades for the Sukhoi Su-26m BNF (BNF ... Ha!!)

A good friend of mine, who has years of flying and building experience (he's in his late 60's) bought one of these to keep in the car's trunk and fly on the spur of the moment. He and I worked on this piece of crap for a good 6 hours, trying to straighten out design and manufacturing flaws like a major tail heavy CG that made the plane unflyable!

There were more things wrong with this plane right out of the box, then there was right! This is hardly in keeping with other previous Parkzone models (well not those 27mHz radio equipped junk planes included on that statement).
Old 09-22-2009, 12:54 AM
HeadMaster

Originally Posted by websterphreaky View Post
I totally disagree with all the accolades for the Sukhoi Su-26m BNF (BNF ... Ha!!)

A good friend of mine, who has years of flying and building experience (he's in his late 60's) bought one of these to keep in the car's trunk and fly on the spur of the moment. He and I worked on this piece of crap for a good 6 hours, trying to straighten out design and manufacturing flaws like a major tail heavy CG that made the plane unflyable!

There were more things wrong with this plane right out of the box, then there was right! This is hardly in keeping with other previous Parkzone models (well not those 27mHz radio equipped junk planes included on that statement).
6 hrs of work to make it flyable ...thats total BS. Pull the battery back as far as it will go and it flies fine right out of the box.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:07 AM
robertloop

Mine flies exactly how the ones in the advertising video flies.. Nose heavy.

6hrs to make it fly? Not sure how your plane was that bad. Maybe you gotta bad one? I plan on lengthening the battery wires to get the CG back to where I want it, but that is only a ten minute mod. Definetely aerobatic out of the box but not enough power for 3D.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:31 AM
rudderfeet

Hey now, mine was a 6 hour mod! I turned on the computer, surfed RC Groups, got distracted by another plane for sale, read several pages of posts, cut a small trough in the battery tray, added a T pin to the tail and then charged up a couple batteries before doing loops, rolls, inverted flight, 3 second hovers and sloppy knife edges (mainly because those are hard for me).

Well, OK maybe 2 hours...

Now that said, it is a very nose heavy airplane out of the box and they could have made it less so by moving some stuff back at the factory. But it's still a fun little airplane. My elderly relatives love it when I demonstrate aerobatics in their cul-de-sac because it saves them having to haul out to the field with me.

Quick Reply: New! Parkzone Sukhoi Su-26m BNF

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.11632 seconds with 12 queries