Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

House Mountain RC Club, Corryton TN

Old 12-29-2011, 04:39 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Default House Mountain RC Club, Corryton TN

We are home for the week in Tennessee visiting the folks and just across the hill, less than a mile as the crow flies or 1.5 miles by road from my inlaws house is a nice RC flying field called the House Mountain RC Club.

I've been trying to get over there for a few years now when we've been home but never seem to get the stars to line up. last year we were home and some guys were out flying but they had their gate closed where we could not go up to check them out. I talked to one of the guys on line about it and he said they were going to fix that.

Well today we went by and the gate was open and a bunch of folks were out. We went up and were initially met with cold glances. I spoke to one of the guys and kind of broke the ice with him, told him we were in visiting and were flyers at our club in Virginia. Once that was done they all seemed to open up and welcome us in. They asked if we had anything to fly which we did. I had my IYF in the truck and a couple micros. It was too windy for the micros but the IYF was ready and raring to go.

Tossed her in the air and did some flying with the guys and now have a fantastic place to fly when we come home on vacations.

These guys seemed to be predominantly 3D type folks as that was all that was there as far as aircraft go except for my IYF and some of the guys acted like they had never seen anything quite like it! LOL They were very receptive to it though and we had a great time talking about it.

All in all a nice experience. I think next time we come home I'll bring my trailer and some of my bigger planes!

If you are in this area check them out!

http://home.comcast.net/~jerzee4/HMR...e_to_HMRC.html
Old 01-12-2013, 12:56 PM
subzJC
flyer

I have visited this field as well. All I have seen there are 3d planes.
The have a "Huckfest" that is part of the flying giants tour i believe.
Last year it was in the fall but the previous year was more towards the
beginning of the summer. I would like to join this club even though
I am not a 3d flyer... yet.

FiremanBill, what kind of airplane do you use for the SEFF night bowling?
Old 01-12-2013, 03:07 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Oh no they fly all kinds of stuff! 3D seems to be the most prevalent but I'm sure all are welcome. I saw a couple guys flying what looked like a trainer whie I was home at Christmas. When we flew there we did not fly 3d stuf as I don't do it either.

I used my IYF Ritewing int he night bowling last year at SEFF

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58731