Aerial Photography Discuss all aerial photography topics as they relate to rc aircraft

SoloShot3 .... want to buy !

Old 06-18-2016, 11:13 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

WOW ... 7 post ?? Ordered anyway .. but 9.59 for a plug ??

This is the microphone I bought and it works really nice .. tried it on my home stereo system and sound quality is very good in fact ... as good as my dynamic wired mic that cost a small fortune !!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1619388115...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You can see the Rx part that is 44gr or 1.64oz. It may be able to carry it on the camera ... depends where the socket is.

With a cable - I would mount the Rx on the tripod and allow the camera to move without it. Making sure I don't do too many 360's !! I may be able to Velcro it on top of camera ... then no problem of 360's.

Nigel
Nigel
Old 06-18-2016, 06:43 PM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

By solentlife; "I've managed to find a heath Robinson lady up to sort it."

Curious, what is a heath Robinson lady?

Robinson is my last name.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:42 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Wildflyer View Post
By solentlife; "I've managed to find a heath Robinson lady up to sort it."

Curious, what is a heath Robinson lady?

Robinson is my last name.
My tablet again ...

It has one of the most annoying spelling checkers ever ... you can correct its mistakes but when you click POST ... it can decide to correct again ...

That is now reading "Heath Robinson lash up" ....

Nigel
Old 07-03-2016, 10:09 AM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Nigel,

It's gone kinda quiet on the Soloshot. I was looking forward to the report and some videos as I might consider getting one some day. Is there a problem?
Old 07-03-2016, 12:04 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Nigel,

It's gone kinda quiet on the Soloshot. I was looking forward to the report and some videos as I might consider getting one some day. Is there a problem?
Still no sign of it ............ delayed till LATE summer is their last words.

Shocking way to deal with customers especially considering pre-paid purchase.

Smartieparts had trouble with their new boards and kept us all FULLY informed ... even later when the boards came out and had a problem - they supplied FREE corrected boards and told us how to fix the faulty ones !! I still have those as spare.

Soloshot ? They even asked me for my purchase order number so they could 'keep me informed' ... I sent it and last I ever heard.

On line - they push their Facebook page as a means to communicate ... marvellous. Still no better there. Their website gives impression of a truly professional sales team. Yeh ? I get distinct impression that this is a 'cottage industry' job farmed out to a far eastern factory who wanted pre-payment before work.

Its now July - so how much longer ? As I asked them - could they tell which YEAR the late summer they are referring to !

Nigel
Old 07-03-2016, 12:06 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Received all my bits for the remote Mic ... works a treat. Just need the SS3 to plug it into now.

Nigel
Old 07-03-2016, 12:13 PM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Just need the SS3 to plug it into now.
Ahhh.. Sorry, I assumed that you had received the SS3 when you were looking for the mic adapters!

Have they given any more update on the ETA?
Old 07-03-2016, 12:31 PM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

I just checked the latest updates on the Soloshot facebook page and the delivery has gone to "late summer"... So I'm guessing not to expect any to ship until back end of August, and that will probably be the first batch of pre-orders.

So even if they hit the latest 'late summer' target that will be about 9 months late from original advertised release date!
Old 07-03-2016, 01:25 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
I just checked the latest updates on the Soloshot facebook page and the delivery has gone to "late summer"... So I'm guessing not to expect any to ship until back end of August, and that will probably be the first batch of pre-orders.

So even if they hit the latest 'late summer' target that will be about 9 months late from original advertised release date!
They also say that they will serve on a priority basis. They reckon I am one of the Priority purchasers having bought early.

Now here's a sting in the tail .... there's hints that the machines MAY need updating shortly after receiving because they have glitches in software !

C'mon guys - they delay shipment because they are working out final specs .. and then casually mention ... Oh - you'll have to upgrade the software once we can get that ready for download ....

This SS3 better be worth the wait ...

So far I have lost the use of it for planned events this year.

Nigel
Old 10-19-2016, 04:34 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

It gets worse ... now I read ... no not an update as promised to email ... but I have to search out on their Facebook site .... shipping is now MAYBE November ... maybe December ...

I've been poking the fire with a few messages / comments on their facebook site ... and there is NO denial of my presumptions !!

Lets look at it overall.

In 2015 - Soloshot announce Pre-Order availability of SS3 with delivery expected in Spring 2016. I pay for it with the Pre-Order discount late 2015.... actually dated 24 Dec 2015, ... confirmed order and reply stating delivery Spring 2016

I wait and hear nothing more. I contact them and no info - I give my Order number and then I receive a couple of spam emails thanking me for custom but still no info.

I logon to their Facebook page and find others similarly not so happy.

To each unhappy post - SS say 'bear with us, we are having a few problems and will be shipping soon' ...

Its now mid October ... months down the line ... we only now get news on the Facebook page that TESTS on the camera are made ... tests NOW ... not before !

Delving through the garbage - they now say November / December for delivery.

Now this I find interesting ... :

The Pre-Order discount was supposed to end in the early part of 2016 ... but they STILL have a 10% Pre-Order discount running TODAY ... long after it should have been delivered - long after the discount should have stopped ... What does that tell you ?

It tells me Sales have not made expectation and probably the factory is not paid the amount needed up front for production.

When this is posted on their site - you would expect a denial .... NOTHING ... ZILCH ... NADA ... so what to think ? Do I have $525 invested in a 'dream' ?

I wonder if there are any other systems out there ?

Nigel
Old 10-20-2016, 03:22 AM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

I feel your frustration Nigel. This is rapidly heading toward a one year delay which is hard to explain away by the usual production teething trouble excuses. It's also concerning that they are still claiming on their web site order page that an order placed today is expected to ship "late fall" which would mean end of November latest.. So how that reconciles with December delivery for orders placed nearly a year ago i'm not sure!

Hopefully they will come good in the end and when they do I'm sure it will be worth the long wait.

Personally I make a policy of never pre-ordering any new 'soon to be released' product, especially so 'hi-tech' type products which tend to be prone to delays at the best of times. A understand the temptation to do so with the Soloshot though as they did have some attractive discounts, but if the discount makes the risk worthwhile only time will tell.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:51 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Anyone ordering now is literally g'teed to not see anything before 2017.

I'm even thinking that I will not have this by Xmas. I will not cancel the order. I've sat it out this long ....

But I am fed up with being told how good I am that I am still waiting.

Nigel
Old 11-13-2016, 01:36 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Don't shout about it .... but just cleared confirmation from SS about shipping my SS3 ... so it looks like its soon to be on its way to me !!

Nigel
Old 11-13-2016, 08:12 AM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Great news Nigel, that must be a big relief. Looking forward to reading the review and seeing the videos.
Old 11-13-2016, 09:12 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I haven't got it yet - so tongue in cheek at present.

Had heck of job last days though.

When I paid for it near a year ago - I had the usual trouble with USA Bank not accepting transactions from foreign cards etc. Plus of course SS do not accept Paypal. Took 3 days to get it sorted after multiple attempts etc.

Well this last week - receive the email to confirm delivery details PLUS my pre-order data has flagged as Fraud !! So I have to go through the data and card details .... BUT trouble is ...

a) They have country and card issuing country as different - looks like their system logged the UK card I used that failed with their bank. So I have to guess which card - which of course at least one has been renewed since then and no way can I remember the last four numbers !!
b) I actually paid with my local card - which their archive did not log but their bank accepted the money !!

Gave them all the card end numbers I could and then two days communications convincing them I was really the man !!

They finally caved in with the avalanche of info I provided and it should be on its way now ...

Nigel
Old 11-14-2016, 08:03 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Out of interest I googled remote cameras ---- and a similar system to the SS3 came up .... Pixio Move it see system.

WOW ! What a price - at nigh on 800 euros you only get a 100m capability and no vertical tilt ! To get decent range and vertical as well as own capability - its over 2000 euros !

My SS3 gives me 2000ft range and vertical as well as pan capability at all in price of 500 euros !

Nigel
Old 11-15-2016, 08:17 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Oh dear - I asked SS when they will ship .... reply was that they were just clearing way to ship and that I would get email TWO WEEKS before they ship.

I fear that it will be after Xmas .......

I feel really let down.

Nigel
Old 11-24-2016, 12:24 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I rec'd update email today - shipping is delayed till MARCH 2017 !

They claim overheating base-board due computational overload ..... and focusing problem at different levels .......

Surely what I would assume are fundamental matters ?

I really am p'd of now......

Nigel
Old 11-24-2016, 03:09 PM
dahawk
Super Contributor

The name should have been the first dead giveaway. Soloshot. They figured they would take one shot at success and that was it. Good luck !

LOL

Hawk
Old 11-24-2016, 04:38 PM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

That sucks, Nigel
You have been trying to get that thing for about a year.
I hope it works great when you get it.
You have a lot of patience.

I wonder if they will have a high speed version, that could track and photo, dynamic soaring gliders.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:16 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I ordered Dec 2015 .... lost 2016 season shooting .... then November delivery announced ... now this ....

Surely anyone producing such an item would cover what I believe basic points ?

The main board in the controller overheating ? Due to computational workload ?

A camera with focusing problems ?

That will make it well over a year since pre-order ... at least I had maximum pre-order discount.

My fear now is that I will miss 2017 season flying with it. It was planned to be used for our Clubs Display work in 2016 - which of course it never accomplished.

SS say that the camera tracking should be good enough for fast items .... they don't say how fast .... it has vertical and horizontal tracking with autofocus based on GPS linked tracking .... as far as I can make out.

Nigel
Old 11-25-2016, 06:31 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I ordered Dec 2015 .... lost 2016 season shooting .... then November delivery announced ... now this ....

Surely anyone producing such an item would cover what I believe basic points ?

The main board in the controller overheating ? Due to computational workload ?

A camera with focusing problems ?

That will make it well over a year since pre-order ... at least I had maximum pre-order discount.

My fear now is that I will miss 2017 season flying with it. It was planned to be used for our Clubs Display work in 2016 - which of course it never accomplished.

SS say that the camera tracking should be good enough for fast items .... they don't say how fast .... it has vertical and horizontal tracking with autofocus based on GPS linked tracking .... as far as I can make out.

Nigel
Old 11-27-2016, 12:05 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Given SS a piece of my mind over this shameful exercise.

What really P's me off ... the website shows a SS3 in action .. how ?

If the first production models have the faults they say - then there is no way those videos can be real. They must be mocked up purely to imply model works ....

I'm sticking with it but as I told them - I am really angry.

If i did business way they do - i wiuld have NO business.

Nigel
Old 11-29-2016, 06:49 PM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Nigel,

I just noticed the delay to March, that's ridiculous. Given their past record of repeated delay after delay who can even trust them to deliver it by that date?
The most frustrating thing must be that even if they deliver to the latest date, that's still four months away. When you ordered it a year ago the lead time was stated at three months, so it seems that in a year they have made no progress toward delivery at all, quite the opposite in fact, they have gone backward a month.

All these delays and now a re-design of the main board at this late stage (they were supposed to be on the production line?) must be hurting their cash flow big time, I hope they have the resources to cover it.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:57 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

They hinted at maybe I get earlier than march, plus a sweetener for hanging in there.

Nigel

Quick Reply: SoloShot3 .... want to buy !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.09775 seconds with 9 queries