Go Back  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes
Reload this Page >

Can 1s ESC's with BEC or UBEC be used with AR6xx micro receiver bricks?

Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Old 01-16-2020, 03:34 AM
Turbopropdriver
TurboPropDriver

Smile Can 1s ESC's with BEC or UBEC be used with AR6xx micro receiver bricks?

I have returned back to fiddle with my micro projects....some of them blew off with Hurricane Maria!
However this is the deal:

I have still some HK ESC-5A-1S micro esc's that I have purchased to be used with my Horizon hobby/Parkzone AR6400/L bricks.

I have looked all over here in this site and generally in the web but find no answer to these questions.

I will appreciate if any one that has tackled this issue can bring light on the subject:

1-Can an ESC with (BEC or UBEC) be used with these little receivers? If so, how the connection goes...?(diagrams will be helpful here).

2-If not, what other ESC's are there that can be used with this brick (besides the XP-3A)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HKESC5A1S.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	187802   Click image for larger version

Name:	AR6400lharness.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	187803  
Old 07-05-2020, 01:47 AM
jobobeda

Default Can 1s ESC's with BEC or UBEC be used with AR6xx micro receiver bricks?

The title is from a post that was made some time ago and is of interest to me. I am considering using one of the 6410L receiver boards for a project.

Someone here must have experience with these boards. I have a board out of my UMX radian and also a clone board from China with some foggy info about using a 1c Brushless motor and esc, on one of the chanels. So the inference is that these boards, clone or otherwise, have both three wire Brushless ability and 2 wire Brushed ability built into the board. ( this is information I received from China ). Anyone willing to clear that up for myself and the original poster who asked the question:

I understand "Brushed and Brushless" concepts and the different ESC requirements for a single phase 1c 2 wire motor and a 3 phase 3 wire brushless motor. I just need specific information if anyone in the Indoor Flyers forum has had experience with these boards with using a brushless motor and esc on one of these boards. I am new to micro flyers, outdoor flying has been my interest until lately, so, any information will be appreciated. Thank You for reading this inquiry, JB