IVRC 2007 coverage July 7, 8…Peru Illinois

Ivrc Sunday (Pics and Vid)

Old 07-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

Chuck,

I'll see if I can find a dog whistle for ya!! BTW, I found out why my FJ motor shaft was wobbling. There is a metal sleave that was missing on the back side of the shaft, Oops!! I had another one at home so I fixed it last night and the FJ preformed great this morning. I guess thats what happens when you/I try to toss a plane together at the last minute, plus I was tired when I built the FJ Saturday night. I guess it wasn't a trim issue after all. At the time, it really knid of ticked me off that I couldn't have flown more with you and Ray. Ray and I always have a blast playing Fun Jet Ballet on Sunday mornings, we chase each other all over the sky!! I was starting to dought my flying skills there for a minute. I was glad to find the trouble.

CTD
Old 07-09-2007, 10:23 PM
raynet11
Foamologist

Yeah we do have a blast, knock on wood no mid-air collisions yet though we have come pretty darn close a few times.

I think chuck ruined my perception of fast, it was CTD that first did this when first met up to fly more then a year or two ago now , it's amazing what you get used to thinking is "fast" from Strykers to Microjet's to Funjet's each time the bar goes a bit higher then after a while you become used to it and start looking for more, more more, the kind of sickness that only we can understand.

Quote: With the new super wizz-bang motor and bla bla prop and mega lipo it pulls 600watts at full throttle.

Wife translation: It pulls $400 on the checking account at full throttle but I'll only be happy with this setup for a few months.

All my planes are of the RTF variety , (Requires Thorough Funding) ..

Chuck if you ever want to make another field trip a guest room is waiting for you..

cheers,
Ray
Old 07-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

Ray,

Thats too funny, [RTF] and true!! Hey, If you would like and if you are not pressed for time. You could stop by me casa [on your way home from work] and pick up your box of bolts and see the new Soar Jet. Call me.

CTD
Old 07-09-2007, 11:14 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Chuck,

Great coverage. I was very disappointed I missed it, but had a family illness (wife) and a bath I was putting in my basement that didn't get finished til just a few minutes ago. Thanks for posting your experience. If you are ever back in the area I hope to meet ya and say Hi!
Old 07-09-2007, 11:24 PM
JoeRC
"Mouth of the Midwest"

Originally Posted by John Canfield View Post
Pilot #21 here...We are on the road in the motorhome and noticed this event in Wattflyer late last week. Attended for the entire two days and had a wonderful time :-) The demo flights were just amazing. Even Dear Wife had a good time for both days. Never got tired of watching Andy "mow the grass" with his flying Deere!

I only have a Slow Stick with me and it was windy to gale strength in Slow Stick terms; I was disappointed I couldn't fly (otherwise I would have to chase the plane to Wisconsin.)

Joe did a really good job of announcing with his enthusiastic and high energy level personality. Having worked at and been chairman of several and various events over the years I fully appreciate how much work it is to plan, organize and control a happening. Without hesitation I can say, "Well Done." You have a great club, Howie!!

It was great fun to have my #21 called many times for the pilot drawing. Hmmm, what do I do now with TWO aluminum cases... never mind, I'll figure out something. Maybe a good excuse to buy a couple of pistols (the cases are marketed as pistol cases.)
John, it was great meeting you and your wife, thanks for your support. I enjoyed calling Pilot #21 the winner as often as I did. Look forward to seeing you next year. Stop by anytime, just give us a call on your way.

JoeRC (Joe "Mouth of the Midwest" Majors)
Old 07-10-2007, 12:46 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by dsnyder View Post
Great video and picks! I had a great time at the event, hopefully I'll be able to make it again next year!
Danny,

It was great of you to come at such short notice. It was also great to meet you and your Dad. [There a couple of TOP SHELF guys!!] You really put on an IMPRESSIVE show!! Thanks a million!!! Hope to see you next year!!

CTD
Old 07-10-2007, 01:33 AM
DIALED/CHUCK
Let's Get To Work...

Great video and picks! I had a great time at the event, hopefully I'll be able to make it again next year!
You da man, Danny. Keep it up!

--C
Old 07-10-2007, 04:15 AM
termite
Super Contributor

Default Thank You Every One!

I just want to say thanks to everyone who showed up - who flew- and even those that just came to watch!
This has been our best event EVER and we truly do appreciate you all coming out and a special thanks to all the vendors that sent goodies for the "Pilot Packs" and the "Pilots Raffle"

Special thanks to Chuck for coming out and doing his thing too!

God Bless each and every one of ya!
Randy Kohr
IVRC Activities Director
Old 07-10-2007, 05:12 AM
WingTips24
Mr. ExperiMENTAL

Great Job guys man that sure looked like fun wish I could have been there. Chuck nice job on the lense brother, I knew you would capture the moments that would make the rest of us feel like we were there.

Tips
Old 07-12-2007, 06:55 PM
DIALED/CHUCK
Let's Get To Work...

Default Eflite Airliner Carnage Pics

Thanks again to everyone who emailed in pics to me after the fateful destruction of my hard drive by United Airlines....

The very gifted John Canfield of Texas emailed me these pics of the Eflite Airliner's last moments at IVRC.

The first pic is the plane catching that nasty westerly wind over the top of the club-house.

My fast funjet had a pop over that same spot on a final approach that shot it about 20 feet of altitude....I still landed safely.....but this awesome electric did not fair as well. John actually got the plane at the moment of impact....a sad sight as those airliners are just plain gorgeous in the air....but quick work on the lense by John.

Thanks again to John Canfield for the shots!

Yours in flight,

--C
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	canfield1.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	35344   Click image for larger version

Name:	canfield2.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	35345  

Last edited by DIALED/CHUCK; 07-13-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

Wow! Those are some good pix!

CTD
Old 07-12-2007, 11:35 PM
dsnyder

Thanks guys! This was the 3rd or 4th time I've been to this event, I was there the year before last and a year or 2 prior to that (I wasn't there last year) and it is always a good time.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:40 AM
DIALED/CHUCK
Let's Get To Work...

Thanks guys! This was the 3rd or 4th time I've been to this event, I was there the year before last and a year or 2 prior to that (I wasn't there last year) and it is always a good time.
Thank YOU man....between you and gary, they didn't skip a beat for their demos. Sweet plane, man...really sweet.

--C
Old 07-13-2007, 02:28 AM
DIALED/CHUCK
Let's Get To Work...

Default Another pic from the lense of John Canfield

John Canfield's lense was hot on the hits....

This is a shot John got of the infamous Andy Gaylord 'Flyin John'.

--C
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	canfield3.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	277.0 KB
ID:	35366  
Old 07-13-2007, 02:44 AM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Chuck,

Again, great job on covering this event. Sorry I missed you.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:49 AM
DIALED/CHUCK
Let's Get To Work...

We'll connect brother....I am certain of it...and when we do...the gods will shed a tear for the havoc we will create.

Im coming out again in early fall....just to visit.

--C
Old 07-13-2007, 02:55 AM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Very sweet. I will look forward to it.....

I just need to start ploting out camping trips and bring my planes along....hmmm where will I put my family?
Old 07-13-2007, 03:11 AM
DIALED/CHUCK
Let's Get To Work...

Originally Posted by gfdengine204 View Post
Very sweet. I will look forward to it.....

I just need to start ploting out camping trips and bring my planes along....hmmm where will I put my family?
Atop the cases of brew....where else?

--C
Old 07-13-2007, 03:12 AM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Good point!
Old 07-13-2007, 03:38 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

Chuck,

Let me know when you are coming out in the fall. We'll get together again and rip some more holes in the sky!!! I talked with Randy today, my LSJS motor is on the way. The Soar Jet is all ready to go. All I need is to install the motor and fan. I can wait to get her airborne.

GFDEngine 204,

You are welcome to come fly with our Sunday morning gang any time!! We usually fly early in the morning. 7:30 to about 10AM or 11 AM on Sundays. For us it's kind of like Church. We try to get a close to God as possible.

CTD
Old 07-13-2007, 03:59 AM
DIALED/CHUCK
Let's Get To Work...

Originally Posted by Crash Test Dummy View Post
Chuck,

Let me know when you are coming out in the fall. We'll get together again and rip some more holes in the sky!!! I talked with Randy today, my LSJS motor is on the way. The Soar Jet is all ready to go. All I need is to install the motor and fan. I can wait to get her airborne.

GFDEngine 204,

You are welcome to come fly with our Sunday morning gang any time!! We usually fly early in the morning. 7:30 to about 10AM or 11 AM on Sundays. For us it's kind of like Church. We try to get a close to God as possible.

CTD
I got a good dose of crazy....need more.

--C
Old 07-13-2007, 04:28 AM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

CTD,

I work the next 4 Sundays (sometimes, being a police dispatcher sucks....LOL), but I would love to come out and electrify some sky with you.

Of course, the invitation works in reverse at our field in Leland if you would like to come out sometime.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:33 AM
JoeRC
"Mouth of the Midwest"

"Gifted" John Canfield is right , great pics John.

JoeRC
Old 07-13-2007, 04:55 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by gfdengine204 View Post
CTD,

I work the next 4 Sundays (sometimes, being a police dispatcher sucks....LOL), but I would love to come out and electrify some sky with you.

Of course, the invitation works in reverse at our field in Leland if you would like to come out sometime.
Cool, that sounds good, we'll have to hook up sometime. As I think I told you before, I have a buddy that is a member at the Leland Club. One day I'll come out there with Al Willard and we'll stir up the clouds.

Chuck,

More crazy is always good!

CTD
Old 07-13-2007, 06:11 AM
termite
Super Contributor

Default Thanks

I just can't say it enough!
THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU to everyone who came out to fly - those that kicked back and watched everyone fly - Gary and Danny who put on one of the best shows I've seen in a long time and I go to a lot of the BIG shows with the BIG names and these guys are right up there with the BEST and I do mean the BEST!

Again I must say THANKS!
Randy and all the gang at IVRC.

BTW; HUGE Thanks to all the vendors who donatered stuff for the "Pilots Raffle" It just doesn't weork without you guys help.

Quick Reply: Ivrc Sunday (Pics and Vid)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.15675 seconds with 16 queries