E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

PRE-FLIGHT Blade CP/CP Pro/CX2/CX Edition Simulator

Old 05-13-2007, 08:37 PM
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

20Q,
I agree. Skip the sim for the CX2. You can do it. You are going to break parts to get ready to buy more. But even with the sim, when you actually fly, you are going to break parts anyway.
If you really want a cheap sim, check eBay for "CX2" or "CP Pro". You will find one for about $35. Much better and apparently it works. Anyone that would pay $300 for a $200 heli must be nuts! (hopefully I haven't offended anyone here!!!!)
Old 05-13-2007, 08:39 PM
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

bart44,
Ditch the training gear and buy the boomtownhobbies tail boom. This will make it maneuver a little better in the wind. The training gear adds too much weight. The CX2 is not very powerful so you are burning up battery time trying to lift the gear!
Old 05-14-2007, 01:53 AM
earl

Well I'll tell you that you must fly in NO wind - the thing is wonderful to fly and it makes you feel like a pro right till the wind kicks up and it flys over my house and gets stuck in a tree! Wind = Frustration

But I love it and it has earned a place in my collection. You have to save your first helo. At least I'll save whats left of it - after my slow learning curve.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:53 AM
dotyj

I bought my CX2 just two days ago. I also bought spare props, skids, and training gear.

I went through two charges worth of practice on Saturday, three yesterday, and three today. After my eight practice sessions, two broken lower blades, one broken upper blade, and a small crack in the body under the right fin doohicky I can now hover more or less in place for over a minute at a time at just two feet or so off the ground.

Though a simulator would be fun, I agree with everyone here, just follow the instructions and start flying. I do recommend the training gear, it really helps to prevent most blade strikes and dip overs.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:21 AM
mrrabit_1

Cool

Hi,

Personally I bought a CX2 a CP Pro and the simulator Pre-Flight including boths.

As some replies I agree, CX2 dont really need to be simulate to decrease crash frequency, it's mastered fast and easy without that.

For the CP Pro, yes it helps you. Simulator will help to gain good reflexes.

Let's say, for CX2 PreFlight is just for the fun, for an acrobatic chopter, yes simulate will help a lot. Yesterday I was discussing with a super pro pilot about that. He does acrobatics flights with chopters (not electrics). He can fly with high winds and has builded his own models. He thinks that simulator is really a good step.

Hope this reply with help some persons.

Mrrabit
Old 11-19-2007, 04:21 AM
WD2O

Default Cx2 Sim

There is a neat little Sim out there made by SVK Systems it's called ClearView. You can download the Demo off the internet and it will give you one plane and one heli. I purchased the full package after trying it and several of the helicopters are EFLITE CX2' in different configurations. Also there is a link to a developer that has about 100 different planes and helicopters that are free downloads. For under $40.00 it certainly will give the big guys a run for there money especially in light of the fact that they run around the $200 range!
Old 07-02-2008, 09:26 PM
dsmtuned

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, since this thread is pretty old...

I'm new to helis and the forum, so hi there!

I was wondering if the PRE-Flight USB Interface for the Blade CP Pro tx will work with other RC simulators when using something like PPJoy.

I would like an RC simulator where I can use my Blade CP CCPM tx via some sort of interface. Mile High Wings is no longer manufacturing or selling their interfaces.

I was planning on downloading several of the multitude of free simulators and trying each to find one that "felt" sketchy like the Blade CP Pro actually is for a newbie.

So I guess my questions are:
1) Can I use the Pre-Flight USB Interface with other simulators?

2) If no to ? #1, then can I use the Esky FMS controller/tx for many different RC simulators?

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Craig
Old 07-03-2008, 03:04 PM
WD2O

Default Conroller for sims

To be honest, I don't know for sure but you can always try. I purchased the G3 Flight Sim a few years ago which came with the interlink controller. Since, I have downloaded a few Flight Sims. The best was Clearview Flights Sim from SVK Systems which I finally purchased for $40.00. This sim comes with a bunch of planes and helos plus there is a devloper site called Ken's RC Simulator. If you can go on this page you can download to the Clearview Planes folder over 100 different aircraft and helos all with very realistic flight physics. As for the controller I would try what you said if it doesn't work you can go to the SIG RC site and order a flight Sim controller using USB port for about $30.00 and this should work with all reputable Flight Sims. Hope this helps.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Grimsleeper

Get yourself un-breakable blades and remember, when it gets out of hand and you are going to crash.........cut the throttle. This will save your blades ( if you hit the un breakable blades at full speed they can still shatter) . Also attach a block of polystyrene under you battery box so it is level with your skids. This will save your skids if you drop from a height.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:26 PM
dsmtuned

Thank you both for the replies!

I went ahead and ordered the Esky USB controller. I know it's kind of a cheapy, but for now I think it will serve it's purpose. I just hope I can get it to work with some of the other free simulators. We'll see.

I like the idea of the polystyrene block under the battery. My skids have already taken some abuse, even with the training gear. I've found that the shrink-wrap tubing used for covering spiced wires works good as a fix for the skids when combined with some super glue.

I'm definitely getting there with my learning on the Blade CP Pro. I've dumbed it down with the flat blades and extra flybar weights. I can hover for 30+ seconds until the wind screws me up. I've thought about putting the symmetrical blades back on to see if that helps with the stability in wind (most of you would probably consider these "breezes," but to me they're hurricanes!!).

Anyway, I'm having fun with the Blade. I think the simulators should allow me to do riskier moves without all the negative consequences.

-Craig

Old 08-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Gofer303

Brutal you are dead on with the just fly! I just got a cx2 last night charged it up, sweated like a pig and got it to hover a while. What I need to find out is there a good place for all the cx 2 info and how to get it set up correctly and any tweaks ect.... I also have a Exceede Eagle 50 V2 crashed the blade tips first attempt to hover and will need to do it again as soon as my new blades come in! Thanks for any info. Larry

Last edited by Gofer303; 08-29-2008 at 12:47 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Old 09-18-2008, 02:25 AM
pooptruckdriver

My first heli was a Blade CX. I learned to hover in the garage with training gear and finally took it outside. I enjoy over my Blade CP Pro. always remeber IF YOU AINT CRASHING, YOU AINT LEARNIN.(DON' T CRASH ON PURPOSE).
Old 09-19-2008, 02:00 AM
theecoop

I started with cx2 then went to cp pro ,but never could get it to hover to long...did all kinds of upgrades...finally sold it...got a t-rex (ok 2 of them) then learned more about heli's ...just bought a used cp pro again(stock) now i can hover it pretty good even without a gyro on it.....just food for thought
Old 09-29-2008, 04:12 PM
dilipc

No need to buy a sim for the CX2! It is such a stable heli! Just fly it, and gain the confidence you'll need for bigger helis!! Cheers!!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:56 PM
amakipkip
Un-proud South African

About the Sim Question... I was using FMS as a Sim (Don't Laugh...) but I am currently downloading the PreFlight Demo, I am still a begginer. On the PF website it says that the demo suports Joysticks, and if you use a TX with PPJoy it basically is.. A Joystick. (in a somewhat weird way.) So It May work, but as soon as the download is finished I will try it and post back...
Old 11-21-2008, 02:17 PM
bassplayinDude

You should also try the free heli sims available at:

www.marksfiles.net and
www.heli-x.info (click Union Jack for English version of webpage)
Old 11-22-2008, 02:25 PM
amakipkip
Un-proud South African

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it but I actually fly planes mostly, I started drifting away from heli's. (excuse the Pun) and also back to my reply, Sadly you can only use a twin axis joystick, meaning with PPJoy, that means only 2 channels. Which inturn means only aileron and elevator, or throttle and rudder or any 2 mixes of the two
-Then again hope I helped and saved people some time...
Old 11-24-2008, 05:10 PM
bassplayinDude

Originally Posted by amakipkip View Post
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it but I actually fly planes mostly, I started drifting away from heli's. (excuse the Pun) and also back to my reply, Sadly you can only use a twin axis joystick, meaning with PPJoy, that means only 2 channels. Which inturn means only aileron and elevator, or throttle and rudder or any 2 mixes of the two
-Then again hope I helped and saved people some time...
I was able to use 4 channels with PPJoy when I used it with my DX6i.

To be fair, you were asking about sim info in the helicopter thread in a helicopter section of the forum. I kinda supposed you were asking about a heli simulator.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:21 PM
beadman

Talking

My first was the cp pro, I chose this one because it was capable of inverted flight and other maneuvers I knew I would be attempting as soon as the controls became second nature to me. Well, after maybe 20-25 sets of main blades, I don't even know how many tail rotor motors and the rest of the parts that break I decided that the time in the air to cost of parts ratio was sky high. So I bought a cx2 figuring that it would be easy enough to fly that I would get the air time I needed to master the controls, with my location the cx is basically indoors only so I really still couldn't "fly" it much either. So I started making my main blades out of balsa ply I laminated myself and after a while got good at it and they last as long as I stay over the cement, grass has a tendency to break them at the clamps and is way easier on the rest of the parts. But I will say one thing, I wish I would have bought a simulator first that utilized a two stick controller like the helis use so I could get the desired "second nature" feel for controlling the bird without the $20 for 20 seconds learning curve. I would still love to get my hands on a simulator based simulator, not a game based simulator if you understand what I am trying to say. Would you call this "regression?" It sure feels like it. The upside of my situation is I have become pretty good at troubleshooting and wrenching on these things.LOL I wish I would have found this site or one like it 2 or 3 years ago.