UAV / FPV Forum to talk about UAV / FPV electric R/C flight.

My King Kong 260 and FPV experience with it and in general.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:50 AM
Psychron
youtube.com/psychron

Default My King Kong 260 and FPV experience with it and in general.

So I've got a King Kong 260. The one with the plastic frame and the garbage feet, but I managed to do a review and then some fpv flying and then lost a couple feet mid flight again and came up with a solution. below are those three videos. They're fun... especially the fpv part I did. I mounted my mobius fisheye lens dash cam on the camera mount and was surprised at the quality of the video that came off it.

Have a look:
The review:

Me actually being terrible at FPV but managing a few flights (and when I lost my gear due to some rough landings):

And my proposed solution to the foot problem. it's actually pretty ingenious. I don't mean to toot my own horn but just the very design makes for the feet to act as shock absorbers despite their appearance. They are white in the video but will be painted red this week.

This is a great fix. I have not been able to locate the feet online anywhere so this is the next best thing for me.

Also I really dig how awesome fpv can really be, even if you're inexperienced. If you ever played any flight simulator it's essentially the same thing so your range is not limited to line of sight. (my epiphany.) I would throw a cam on one of my planes and try to fly it that way at the club field but I'm kind of scared to trash any of my nice birds. Thinking about saving it for a scratch build.

Last edited by Psychron; 09-26-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:30 PM
Psychron
youtube.com/psychron

Default About to get a whole lot better with fpv drones.

Now, of course, since my fpv skillset is terrible in comparison to my line of sight skills, I've obtained a copy of freerider and liftoff due to their low costs and I've purchased one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a Spektrum radio capable of DSMX and DSM2 so this Orange RX USB adapter will allow me to bind my DX6 to my computer using a usb port and the standard Spektrum radio frequencies and will give me a place to really open up a quad of this size and practice without the restrictions of the xbox one controller which I've been using up until now with limited success... I think part of the reason is that the throttle(left stick) is spring loaded and wants to return so it makes precision control a challenge.

It gets here today, and I can't wait for it to show up. They make a similar dongle for other transmitters but for today, I'm a spektrum man so this is going to keep my skills fresh over the winter... this, in combination with Phoenix (mixed reviews on whether it works or not but if I need to I have the actual training cable for it) should keep my skills honed all winter, though I still plan on flying on nicer days, and look forward to the first weekend snowfall to take my boat planes to the field for a fun ski plane experience.

Woot!