Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

are the ultra micro motors replaceable?

Old 08-07-2012, 03:47 AM
walter3

Default are the ultra micro motors replaceable?

i have the parkzone t-28 and was wondering if those little brushed motors can be replaced with a better motor? mine was starting to act up a bit today and the plane is in mint condition so i would hate to shelf it. it looks pretty glued in but are there motors that someone could recomend to switch out with? i see that i can buy a stock replacement but if i replace i would prefer to UPGRADE if possible. are there brushless motors that would work in this plane? thanks, walt
Old 08-07-2012, 05:46 AM
walter3

i found what i was looking for on youtube. gotta love that site. he listed all the parts he used from hobbyking with the sku numbers and all. i guess i would just have to get them and see if i could do the conversion myself. limited experience but it would be fun to try. gotta start somewhere. he had a vid of it flying and it was noticeably faster. he said he was getting 8 min. flight times which sounds just fine to me. very cool.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:18 PM
dahawk
Super Contributor

Walt,

Also check www.Headsuprc.com my favorite site for motors, esc's, misc stuff etc. Jeff is great. And shipping? Usually about $2-$3 Fantastic service !

After you inspired me to bring my PZ T-28 out of the hangar, I decided I was going to " Pimp my Ride" So, I just bought a 2820/07 BL with a 50 amp esc and a 10 x7e APC. I'm looking for a 2X improvement in speed. Bringing her into the 4S world.

Good luck,

Hawk
Old 08-07-2012, 02:18 PM
walter3

glad i could get you excited about her again. the upgrade i saw wsa 2 cell battery sio i would say she will be twice as fast too. looked sweet on the vid. have fun.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:15 PM
piercethesky

There is a gentleman who gos by "rcbabbel" and sells a direct plug and play solo pro bravo sx motor for (I think) $25? Last I knew he was doing a thing where you had to send in your old trashed motor so he can pull the pinion off and put it on the bravo motor. I think it was something like 20+ extra grams of thrust? Still on my first one for my corsair and I love it!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:39 PM
walter3

so i just replaced the stock motor with another stock motor to keep me in the air while i decide on the upgrade. very happy i have my girl back at full power! i would be very interested in the PLUG N PLAY motor! ill try to find him but if you could give me any more contact info i would love it! i am very interested in any improvement in performance. thanks for your help. walt.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:50 PM
Bagoparts

Default are the ultra micro motors replaceable?

You might also look micro motor warehouse they a variety of 6mm and 7 mm motors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2017, 05:28 PM
Sixter

I ordered several motors from Micro Motor Warehouse! Great place to do business!

Bobby
Old 06-05-2019, 06:06 PM
AndieDini

Hi....the original motor is the same as on the old 4-Site. I used the motor as replacements on my original P-51 Mustang and UM Polecat.
The same motor might be used on most of the new UM airplanes but its wires might have different lengths.
The motor on the new AS3Xtra, UMX Radian and Sport Cub S is more powerful and is different (it might not fit).
The new E-Flight 150mAh/45C battery provides much more power than older ones.

pcb assembly markham

Last edited by AndieDini; 07-16-2019 at 10:09 PM.