3D Flying Discuss everything related to "3D" flying including construction, power setups and flying techniques

Maiden Parkzone VisionAire

Old 05-20-2013, 04:04 AM
WyomingOutdoors

Default Maiden Parkzone VisionAire

http://youtu.be/ecXEI_g8BFw

This is really a fun plane to fly. I was flipping wrong switch to activate 3d mode, flew stable in 5 - 8 mph wind without gyro. First time downloading profile instead of programming Dx8 myself. Plane only took 15 min to put together.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:10 AM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Nice maiden. Once you get a feel for it it would be good to hear if it can do some of the higher energy type 3d manoeuvres, stunts that rely on some speed and momentum such as pop-tops, lamcevaks etc. All the vids I've seen show it flying slow or hovering!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:39 PM
dahawk
Super Contributor

Very nice. Dig the music too ! I've seen a few at our field and the pilots are raving about them. I'm still trying to learn proper pattern maneuvers and then will put together the 3DHS Super Vyper I won. But the Visionnaire is on my list. The only thing is I fly Futaba. Is there a non-Spektrum version?

You should look up Fishbonez here. He's in the USAF out there and an avid RC addict.

-Hawk
Old 05-20-2013, 03:06 PM
WyomingOutdoors

Default VisionAire

Thanks, VIsionAire is the most I've ever spent on a plane. I mainly fly Hobbyking, Nitroplanes, and a couple Strykers. I need to watch some pattern flying on YouTube and practice on simulator. This is my first 3D plane.

I haven't really researched compatibility of Spektrum AR 635 Reciever and compatibility with FUTABA transmitters. I bet someone's working on it.

Funny you should mention Fishbonez. He's one of my main flying partners. Just waiting for him to come home from deployment. I have 50+ videos of us flying / crashing on my youtube channel last summer.

www.youtube.com/user/wyomingoutdoors

Last edited by WyomingOutdoors; 05-20-2013 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Errors
Old 05-20-2013, 03:26 PM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
... The only thing is I fly Futaba. Is there a non-Spektrum version?
Not really, you would have to dump the AS3G gyro equiped DSMX receiver, which would kind of be missing the point.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:51 PM
dahawk
Super Contributor

Thanks Jet,

What I really meant was can you get the plane w/out the Spektrum gear(rx) and gyro ? Just the ARF. I have an ice man gyro I could use if need be. Seems like Horizon has gone all-in with Spektrum. Not a bad strategy really.

@Wyoming- I'll bet you miss Fish. Hope he gets out of Dodge safe and sound. Last time I checked, they were not selling condo's over there yet.

Fun vids BTW !

-Hawk
Old 05-23-2013, 02:00 AM
WyomingOutdoors

Default 2nd Day flying VisionAire.

Just flew 4 batteries through VisionAire. Finally got elevator to function full throws. First flights it only moved 1/2 inch up & down. Now it's at least 2 inches both ways. AS3x is now working ( wind was about 5 - 8mph this afternoon). I only flew full throws all flights and it was extremely easy to control. This time I took off and landed on short grass that had just been aerated. Really easy to land but I rubbed my rudder several times on takeoff (might need my first piece of tape to protect it). Stock battery doesn't hold a candle to my year old nano techs 35 - 70's (used for strykers & ultra jet). 5 min of flying puts stock battery at 3.73v and nanotechs are 3.85v. I can tell nanotechs have quicker full throttle punch while pulling out of my hover attempts. I've flown plane 14 batteries and I LIKE IT! My only other plane with landing gear is a Dynam Sbach I outfitted with a FYTECH 30A gyro. So I'm still learning not to let off throttle on approach.

Only problem is I'm still a little confused on modes of gyro in combination with dual rates. I downloaded and installed the profile setup from spektrum for my Dx8. If anyone has same setup could you please give me a quick synopsis of gyro & mode switches? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:14 AM
soemer

Default Elevator travel on Visionaire

"Just flew 4 batteries through VisionAire. Finally got elevator to function full throws. First flights it only moved 1/2 inch up & down. Now it's at least 2 inches both ways."

How did you get that much throw? I moved the push rod in to the shortest hole, and the servo is on the outermost position, and I have about 1/2 inch travel. What gives?