Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

where does the time go???

Old 09-02-2016, 04:28 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Default where does the time go???

Well a whirlwind summer has come and pretty much gone. I was watching the Tennessee football game last night thinking wow, fall is here... well not officially but close. School has started back, football has started back and a hint of the season change is coming too.

I have been so busy this summer with my wife's surgery, taking care of my aging mother, my son going back to college, having to travel to Maryland for business... it seems like it never ends. I went out to my workshop this morning to look for something before work and saw all my planes and it felt like I was looking at them again for the first time...

Man I need to go fly!
Old 09-02-2016, 07:29 PM
fdnyjery
FDNYJERY

Know what you mean Bill. have great intentions about going to the field but when it hits 94 degrees at 9 :30 in the morning here in FL. kinda takes the joy out of it
:o(( and it has been pretty constant since July .Hope we get a break soon fdnyjery aka Jerry
Old 09-02-2016, 08:40 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Yeah no doubt. It has been stupid hot here all summer. The few times I have gone out i end up coming home before 11:00 soaking wet with sweat. It does take the fun out of it for sure.

This weekend is supposed to be nice so I am looking forward to going out tomorrow morning maybe. Depends on the honey do list as she is off tomorrow as well.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:02 PM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

I hear you Bill summer went fast and I didn't do much flying this time. With all the camping we did this year that took up a lot of time. Then throw in the yard work, grand kids, and painting rooms inside feel like I went into a time-warp. Just to make up for it I am pulling the camper down to a campground this weekend, and it will stay there till OCT.10 I might as well try to speed fall along too.
Now if I could just figure out how to do this with winter months I would be golden!
Old 09-02-2016, 09:09 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Both my sisters, my brother, their families and mom and dad will be at our house this weekend and I'll be prepping the camper for next weeks trip to go to the "Battle at Bristol".
Gotta see my boy play the national anthem and march on that field in front of 160,000+ people!

It just never ends.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:51 PM
tr4252

Actually, it's the Time Fairy, 2nd cousin to the Tooth Fairy. When you are asleep she steals some of your time, but doesn't leave money; in fact she takes all the loose change in the furniture cushions, and also moves things around to make you think you're losing your memory.

Tom
Old 09-02-2016, 10:51 PM
Don Sims
Administrator

Next thing you know it will be time to decide about SEFF!
Old 09-03-2016, 12:12 AM
park
Clear !

Originally Posted by tr4252 View Post
Actually, it's the Time Fairy, 2nd cousin to the Tooth Fairy. When you are asleep she steals some of your time, but doesn't leave money; in fact she takes all the loose change in the furniture cushions, and also moves things around to make you think you're losing your memory.

Tom
😬
Old 09-03-2016, 12:48 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Don Sims View Post
Next thing you know it will be time to decide about SEFF!
true Don, most of it figures itself out at this point. Leaved has already been submitted and the countdown begun.