Electric Ducted Fan Jets Discuss electric ducted fan jets here including setup tips, power systems, flying techniques, etc.

I am having an EDF dilemma as well

Old 12-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Originally Posted by earthsciteach View Post
I recall we hijacked another thread a while back with dog discussions! At least this one is your thread!
You know I think you are right SORRY OUT THERE SOMEWHERE!!! NAh Dogs are to kewl to apologize for As I get off my keester to go let the Laci out for her morning poo
Old 01-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

I thought this thread needed some closure if you will. As you know after much thought I went with a Stinger 64 from HobbyKing and I love it so far, I have only flown it 3 times. I recomend it for someone who has some experince flying, I have been flying only since Apr 2011, and understands the expos etc on their Tx and wants to devil with EDF. This plane is a kick and I think I am going to have tons of fun with it

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSvfTLaoOc8[/media]
Old 01-07-2012, 07:16 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Pal of mine, him and wife have a couple of Springer Spaniels. One of them is a real pain. His wife lets the dogs in the house but my pal doesn't.
He puts them out back in the porch area.

That boy who's the pain gets his own back ... my pal leaves his wellington boots out there - so the dog pees in them !

Dogs ... love em ... much better than most humans ...

Here's our three terrors .....

Dora, 3/4 size alsation cross who's now about 10yrs old ..... and came with the house - she's standing to left.
Sherry, Alsation - doberman cross who is now about 2yrs old and at times attacks Dora to dominate ...
Ben, the Kavkaski Avchaker cross who is about 5yrs old and BIG ... He just ignores the two 'girls'

(Taken in our kitchen while house being rebuilt !)

Down by the river at back of house ...

Yes ... I'm into boats as well ...
Old 01-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Thumbs up

Thats some good ole dogs there solentlife. Funny how dogs know more than us humans at times no matter how angry my Lab, Laci can make me she kniws exactly how to then crack me up with laughter knowing I cant stay mad at her.

Also beutiful piece of property you have there. Has to beat the hussel and bussle of suburban life
Old 01-08-2012, 09:00 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Just waiting for river to freeze - so I can fly out there .... saves all the drive for 5mins to airport !

I intend to fit floats to my Cessna as well ...

Today it's snowing and I'm seeing if anyone else going flying ... only wind and rain stop me !!

Cheers
Nigel
Old 01-08-2012, 01:20 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Well ... today was car parking for the T45 ........... vids will be processed and uploaded to Youtube ...

Runway had about 1/4"(2 - 3mm) of snow / water mix and it proved too much drag for the wheels. On one run a bit of spray from the nose wheel must have gone in intake ... distinct PHUT heard and a mist plum out back end ! But no matter how hard we tried ... jkust couldn't get her to unstick.

So of with wheels and hand launch ... with all the messing around my spare Lipo's had 'cooled' .... and initial 30 secs of flight was very iffy ... then LiPo started warming up and she started to motor ... but it was not comfortable.

Landing was a bit abrupt as the Stinger nose wheel when removed leaves a short pin sticking out bottom ...

Still I provided a laugh for the others ... who think I'm absolutely off my rocker flying ion such conditions. (One other guy braved it ... with his pusher Skyjet .. this is a machine that fffffflies ! He did a low low pass at speed ... so low he took the prop of when it grazed the runway !)

Ice ... yep.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:28 PM
dahawk
Super Contributor

Wow ! I'm going to stop complaining when it dips below 60 ! Lol You guys in Latvia are hard core. Fantastic !
Old 01-08-2012, 07:12 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

What else to do ? Stay at home and wife find jobs to do ??

I should have taken the snow shovel with me ... I could have possibly cleared a path.

Now we all are thinking about battery warmers !

Today actually is warmer than it should be. Usually by now we are having -5 .. -10C and odd -20C nights. End of month January is not unknown to hit -30C .... so 0C is quite a warm day.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:30 AM
quorneng
Super Contributor

Flew this last winter. It was cccccccold!

Rear view to avoid looking through the prop.
It was only when I viewed the video that I realised that the elevator joiner had broken.
Old 06-27-2022, 06:44 AM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Well a lot of years have passed since this thread was ever brought up and I would say my opinion has changes. Still love the Stinger 64 but the Habu is back and I would say now this should be your first EDF either the STS or SS (i own both) you cant go wrong for example
Yesterday I got a chance to get out to the club filed to fly my Habu FPV with Head Tracking. Was a usual good flight with no issues but I have always needed some coaching to land the Habu FPV yesterday I can clearly say I did it with out any coaching.
Enjoy