Anyone hear any more from Army Dad? - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Anyone hear any more from Army Dad?

Old 03-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Default Anyone hear any more from Army Dad?

Just curious if anyone has heard anymore from Army Dad or his daughter? I was thinking about him for some reason today and realized his daughter hasn't posted for a while. Sure hope things are getting better for him.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Army Dad

hay guys long time no talk to. I am still alive and kicking Just went to the doctor last week and they put me about 70% recovered, how much better ill get is anybodys guess but the way i look at it i could be much worse. i can walk and talk but not the same as before, everything is a challenge but then ive never been one to back down from a chalenge. i am back flying but i have to have a craft where things happen pretty slow i just cant handel the fast ones any more. i am flying a lot of slowstick type plane and gliders both powered and unpowered. while Ive got everybodys attention i saw a picture of a carl glogberg viking converted fro electric rc anybody know where i can get plans or a kit. well yuo guys will be seeing a lot more of me now i havent posted sooner because my typing was pretty bad not that it was ever any good. gald to be back. Army Dad
Old 03-27-2007, 11:20 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Now that's the BEST news I've heard all week!

I am so glad to hear you are recovering well Dad! You sure had a lot of friends here at Wattflyer, and at my Church praying for you! It does my heart good to hear you are flying as well.

Sorry I can't be of assistance on the Viking, not familiar with it.

Oh, and don't worry about the typing thing... none of us are any good at that!:p

Take care friend and give my best to the family. Is Chris still deployed or is he home yet?
Old 03-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Army Dad

bill thanke for asking about chris he is still in iraq he is due home in a few months fro some r and r and then back untill october or november. as for the viking i swa a picture posted here it is a nice looking craft and looks loke i might be able to handel it ok.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:36 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Well we'll continue to pray for him then, as well as all our other servicemen and women serving in harms way.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Welcome back Army Dad. I don't know why, but for some reason I just thought about you and had to ask if anyone had heard from you. I'm glad to hear your progressing so well. Keep after it. Every day will be better. Glad to hear you're flying again too.

Be sure to keep us posted on your plane choices and how you're doing with them.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Army Dad

tom-- thanks its great to be back. as fro planes right now i have 4 slowsticks in diifferent stages of disrepair i had to learn to fly all over again and my learning curve was both long and slow. thank god the slowsticks are not too expensive. the stick is my craft of choice if i am flying by my self. i also have a dynaflite skeeter but i need help with the hi start i just cant get it into the air bymy self any more i am looking for a electric assist glider and have always liked the old timer planes that is why i have bee saking about carl goldbergs viking.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

DAD!! Welcome back to posting! Glad to read the kid is doing well too! Your Viking sounds like a great conversion, good luck finding the kit or plans.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:29 AM
up_ya_go
up is good

Default Indeed !!

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
Well we'll continue to pray for him then, as well as all our other servicemen and women serving in harms way.
Reckon fireman bill says it just so well .... and jolly well done to you on your good recovery and it continuing well .
Also a well done to your Daughter for her excellant support .
Take care
Cheers
Ray
Old 03-28-2007, 01:53 AM
Sky Sharkster
Super Contributor

Default He's Back!

Hello Armydad, great to hear you're back and recovering. Best wishes to you and your family!
I believe the Viking thread you're refering to is by Franny;
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2629
There's photos and info there and she's also built a Goldberg Blazer converted to R/C. There's a thread on that (also) on "Old Timers". The Viking is her aerial photography platform and it works great! I fly with her quite a bit and can tell you the Viking would be just what you're looking for, slow, stable, easy to thermal.
Good Luck and Good flying, glad you're back.
Ron
Old 03-28-2007, 02:30 AM
TLyttle
Super Contributor

Yup, welcome back, and great attitude!

There is a kit for a Viking, 50" span, 400-size motor. If you are interested, I can check the manufacturer, or someone else will know.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:36 AM
Army Dad

TLyttle... yes i would be very interested in the viking kit you mentioned if you could let me know the manufacturer i would appricate it thanks army dad
Old 03-29-2007, 04:55 AM
TLyttle
Super Contributor

Here ya go: Spirit of Yesteryear models, website is www.soy.on.ca. All the ordering info is on there, including a catalogue of all their kits, including the Viking. Many other old timers are on there, and the kit prices are reasonable. Check with the online suppliers as well, I think some of them carry this line.

My buddy has a Viking, and the wood seems good, plans are very nice (seems to me it is laser-cut as well?).

I do hope your recovery proceeds apace, Army Dad...
Old 03-29-2007, 05:07 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Welcome back Army Dad,
Keep on getting better.... The best to your family from all of us....
Old 03-30-2007, 02:16 AM
TLyttle
Super Contributor

By the way, Dare also offers the SOY line...