lipo battery - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

lipo battery

Old 12-16-2007, 11:34 PM
rjwoods

Default lipo battery

Im new to lipo batterys do you know if this battery will work for an electric plane and what does the uh mean at the end .Mystery Li-po Li-polymer 1250mAh 11.1v 15C Battery UH
Old 12-17-2007, 12:49 AM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Hi RJ,

I'm wondering if the UH might mean United Hobbies which is now Hobby City. It sounds like it would work for a plane depending on the set up and plane you put it in but it would be better if we could see a picture of it.

Maybe someone else here knows more about that particular battery and will chime in.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:03 AM
rjwoods

Default lipo battery

it is a gws slowstick im gonna put a 2410-09y brushless motor on it and hopefully use this battery i bought it off ebay i already have a esc i also bought a esky lithium charger balancer i just dot know if the battery will work with the motor i have a 11x 8 prop im gona get this thing in the air one way are other, the uh at the end im not sure about,could be what you said i dont know i tried to find something on google about lipos and what the diffrent things like uh i have also seen diffrent initials at the end of batterys...
Old 12-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

I googled that battery and found it on e-bay also. Here's a link to Heads-Up-Rc on E-bay that gives some specs for the motor and set up and specifically states it's good for a SS. Jeff at Heads Up has beed recommended on here by a number of members. I'm not necessarily suggesting to purchase anything from Heads up but more for some motor battery and prop info for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2410-09Y-Outrunn...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-17-2007, 01:31 AM
rjwoods

Thats some good information i forgot where i was reading about this a couple months ago thanks im still curious about uh this battery is from across seas as most stuff is now ...
Old 12-17-2007, 03:26 AM
peter_ashland

Originally Posted by rjwoods View Post
it is a gws slowstick im gonna put a 2410-09y brushless motor on it and hopefully use this battery i bought it off ebay i already have a esc i also bought a esky lithium charger balancer i just dot know if the battery will work with the motor i have a 11x 8 prop im gona get this thing in the air one way are other, the uh at the end im not sure about,could be what you said i dont know i tried to find something on google about lipos and what the diffrent things like uh i have also seen diffrent initials at the end of batterys...
It should work OK but I would consider going with a bit smaller prop. The APC 11x4.7 SF would fly better. With the 11x8 you are overproped for that motor so if your battery can deliver the amps you are requesting then the motor might not be able to take it. You also might not get the thrust you are expecting. Just watch full throttle.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:55 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by peter_ashland View Post
It should work OK but I would consider going with a bit smaller prop. The APC 11x4.7 SF would fly better. With the 11x8 you are overproped for that motor so if your battery can deliver the amps you are requesting then the motor might not be able to take it. You also might not get the thrust you are expecting. Just watch full throttle.
Hi Yes I agree with Peter, the 11x8 prop is way to much prop, and you might fry the motor, esc or lipo with it, the 11x4.7 is the perfect prop for that motor, thats what I have in My Slow Stick, and it takes off in about 5 feet, your lipo will work fine, Hope that helps, Chellie

this is my scratch built slow stick

I found this on YouTube, Enjoy
Old 12-21-2007, 12:00 AM
rjwoods

Thanks everyone chellie i followed your slowstick build and built it i havent put a motor are any thing on it i hung it up until i get better at flying so i bought a kit i mean i domt want to crash something i built myself from your plans.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:24 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by rjwoods View Post
Thanks everyone chellie i followed your slowstick build and built it i havent put a motor are any thing on it i hung it up until i get better at flying so i bought a kit i mean i domt want to crash something i built myself from your plans.
Thats Cute, Dont worry, that Scratch built SS will take a lot of abuse,Would love to see a pic of your SS, and Aviator Dave, has a build thread on WF, on the GWS SS, that may help, Take care, Chellie