UAV / FPV Forum to talk about UAV / FPV electric R/C flight.

crashtesthobby pinata 43inch fpv wing video and pictures

Old 05-15-2016, 03:22 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

Default crashtesthobby pinata 43inch fpv wing video and pictures

this is my second wing setup for FPV. the first is an old superfly foamy delta and now this is the real deal for getting distance fpv flights. the crashtesthobby pinata is epp foam and very solid built as a combat wing ,speed wing,and fpv.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlNeSTy_hsU
maiden video:

it's using a headsuprc 35/36/1600kv firepower10 motor,80amp hobby wing esc,4000mah 40c zippy 4cell battery. emax 19g metal gear servos from hurc. 6channel Lemon rx with added extension rx.

fpv gear is a bosch 32channel tx and rhcp clover antenna. 700vtl tarot camera all powered of the main battery. view when flying is goggles and the ground station for recording flight in the event i go down in the tall grass. also will have a Loc8tor tag on it to assist finding it if i get to within 500ft of it and its still hidden in grass.

i set the video tx mostly flush with the wing surface and hollowed out under it to allow for cooling while flying. video tx's tend to get warm if not properly cooled by ample airflow.

lastly,i may experiment with the fy 40-A flightcontol system on this wing. it has osd,gps,gyro balance controls,return to home at preset altitude and auto circles above launch. loiter mode is a switch activated circling pattern which would come in handy if i loose video do to someone blocking my video channel by accident. flip the switch and she just keep flying circles till things get sorted. this flight controller is $125. my next wing is going to be larger,using eagletree Vector system.

Name:  DSCN2298.JPG
Views: 196
Size:  557.9 KB

Name:  DSCN2302.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  523.4 KB

Name:  DSCN2303.JPG
Views: 189
Size:  467.5 KB

Name:  DSCN2304.JPG
Views: 195
Size:  573.8 KB

Name:  DSCN2305.JPG
Views: 195
Size:  494.1 KB
Old 08-28-2016, 01:41 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

hadn't been flying the Crashteast Hobby Pinata much and Crashed her pretty hard today. The Pinata was flying great and the weather was perfect. I was fpv'ing with a spotter and all was going great. That is until it nose dived while flying perfectly level. I don't even want to guess what happened but it's the second time this wing took a dive out of the blue.

The battery crushed the rx and was also crushed. even the motor mount bent since she nosed in hard. No more using knockoff rx's like the one called"lemon rx".... Also the esc was an old one from the parts drawer and had seen better days.

Time to order a Spektrum 6 channel rx with booster antenna for $40. Thinking of pulling a esc out of one of the planes hanging on the wall that are not getting flown these days. A Castle 100amp should do the job nicely.

The wing sustained very little damage and the over all repairs will be very easy. Boy do I love EPP foam!!!!